• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X Double Robusto Maduro?

I have been in correspondence with one of the VP's at Fuente, and Carlos Sr. as well as Carlito are aware of the situation. Anyways, I'll keep you guys posted with what happens next!
Can't say much yet, but should have some news for you guys hopefully soon!
The Fuente Exec.. I'm in communication with was out of town all of last week. There should be a lot more to learn about this week, hopefully. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted!!!
Emailed him last week (since i assumed he'd be back by then), but was told he was out of the country this time for the 2nd week. I emailed him again yesterday, so hopefully I'll hear back by Monday/Tuesday at the latest. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.
He finally got back to me. He said he was out of the country, but that they were STILL looking into the issue. He sent me some things for the meantime, which was super nice of him, but said he would keep me posted in regards to the Opus Maduros

I agree with Sirius. Quoting all the above..this is a lot of communication with nothing to say. I think this thread is headed south again. Not a good way to make a comeback after the last thread. :0

Call off the hounds - I appreciate the fact that dannykcha has continued to provide regular updates. Based on similar issues in the past, it doesn't surprise me in the least that dannykcha hasn't heard anything definitive from Fuente regarding this issue. The dealer with fugazi Fuente's is not an authorized dealer - they are a reseller. If Fuente decides they need to pursue this issue, it is going to take more than a few months to get some results. Fuente was kind enough to hook dannykcha up with a thank you package, but I really wouldn't expect that they will share much more information with him going forward.

I'm in the same boat as you guys as far as the time it has taken for a resolution. But what I do know is that there is a lot of traveling back and forth from the Dominican Rep., that he's sent me a nice care-package for the meantime, and that it does take him a couple of weeks to respond. I wish the process was a lot faster, but I guess we'll find out sooner or later. (Hopefully)

By the way, I would really question the legitimacy/responses I'm getting, as infrequent as they are, but being that I emailed Cigarfamily and Fuente's site directly and got the responses that I did, with a care-package coming from the right address, I'm willing to wait and see where this goes. He does take awhile to answer my emails/questions, but he has eventually responded to each one after awhile.

By the way, I would really question the legitimacy/responses I'm getting, as infrequent as they are, but being that I emailed Cigarfamily and Fuente's site directly and got the responses that I did, with a care-package coming from the right address, I'm willing to wait and see where this goes. He does take awhile to answer my emails/questions, but he has eventually responded to each one after awhile.

Danny, some of the folks at Cigar Family want you to address your thread over there. It might bolster your response time from the Fuentes higher ups if you.

These were made but never distributed for resale....only given as gifts.

This is the quote by him on CF:
Sorry to disappoint anyone but I'm pretty sure it is original Opus maduro sun grown on the 13 acres in Chateau de la Fuente. i personally give out many of these cigars to different friends at cigar events. If for some reason I am wrong than it is an Añejo 50 along with FFOX bands that were stolen and relabeled. Either way, it is a truly special cigar... Please Enjoy!!!!!!! Your island friend, carlito

There is no way the wrapper on these is the old maduro sungrown. The wrappers are midnight black.

Danny, some of the folks at Cigar Family want you to address your thread over there. It might bolster your response time from the Fuentes higher ups if you.

Sorry, but I don't even want to bother anymore. I know what I know, but it'll just turn into me defending myself over old, false news about myself, and I really don't even want to waste my time with all of the Inspector Gadget D-bags everywhere and their assumptions/BS. I've made wonderful friends, built great relationships, talked with a lot of great people over time (like Pete Johnson just today), so I'll just concentrate on keeping everyone I do deal with, happy.

No offense to you though, seriously.

Thanks.

No problem dude. I understand people not wanting to get involved in keeping the cigar community clean of fakes cigars and bad vendors. Personally prefer to think of those people as selfish, entitled scumbags who will get slapped in the nutsack with a bag of hammers by the natural justice of the universe.

Sorry, but I don't even want to bother anymore. I know what I know, but it'll just turn into me defending myself over old, false news about myself, and I really don't even want to waste my time with all of the Inspector Gadget D-bags everywhere and their assumptions/BS. I've made wonderful friends, built great relationships, talked with a lot of great people over time (like Pete Johnson just today), so I'll just concentrate on keeping everyone I do deal with, happy.

Thanks.

Did you even learn anything from all the help and information everyone here and at CF did because of what you bought and asked about?

If I said, "I still haven't heard back, even though I emailed him AGAIN.", all that's going to happen is that people will question MY credibility, AGAIN. So that is why I would rather not bother. But if you would really like to know, I have been emailing him about the cigars on at least a monthly-basis, and I'm not getting any responses back. I even emailed CigarFamily's and Fuente's Customer Service email addresses again, and haven't received a response.

I know that everyone would like to know for certain, and so would I. But I haven't heard anything, so I'll just keep my mouth shut until I do. Like someone mentioned before, all of my replies lead to nowhere. So again, I'd rather not bother (at least until I heard back from Karl from Fuente, which I haven't). I guess he just considered sending me a "care-package" enough for me to not care anymore, which isn't the case. I would gladly send back the cigars for an answer, trust me. I haven't even touched the cigars he sent.

If I ever do hear from him and get a definite answer, I will reply. Until then, I'm not going to sit here and waste anyone's time.

Btw, anyone notice that they've been selling the same Opus Maduro's (FF and DR) on cigarbid.com these days? Fuente sucks at answering back. Sorry.

If you act quickly, the price is still at an unheard of $31!

Dannykcha, although you're not selling here on CP, would you mind breaking down this part of your ISO/WTT for some AF sharks on another forum? I would address it there, but since your thread started here, I would like some followup. Are the ones in your original OP the ones you are referring to here in this partially quoted section?

"Opus' (1-10 years old in basically every regular size and some odd sizes, maduros)"

Dannykcha, although you're not selling here on CP, would you mind breaking down this part of your ISO/WTT for some AF sharks on another forum? I would address it there, but since your thread started here, I would like some followup. Are the ones in your original OP the ones you are referring to here in this partially quoted section?

"Opus' (1-10 years old in basically every regular size and some odd sizes, maduros)"

Where is this from?

Where is this from?

OLH I believe!

Where is this from?

OLH I believe!

Correct. He posted a ISO/WTT there and I took that partial quote from his ISO titled "[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]ISO/WTT for some AF sharks". If I had Opus maduros, it sure wouldn't be put at the end of my statement, mixing it in with regular sized Opus. Something just wasn't right, Gary. [/background]

[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Dave [/background]