• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OR Anejo #49

I'll have to make sure I go check the bands on my OR.........oh wait! :angry: :(

The cello looks like it's pretty old, but the cigar from inside looks recent? ???

What he said, typically the OR anejos aren't quite that erm.... shiny at this point. FWIW they are more than a decade old because the wrapper in the OR was aged 7 years already when released in 2000. How did it compare to other anejos in terms of strength?

I was thinking the same thing. The OR Anejo's I've had didn't have that kind of sheen to them, plus my bands (yes I compared) did show a significant difference in the brightness of the white.

Brian,

The ones you have are indeed fake. Send them to me just to make sure though I will smoke them and let you know.

Jim

The cello looks like it's pretty old, but the cigar from inside looks recent? ???

What he said, typically the OR anejos aren't quite that erm.... shiny at this point. FWIW they are more than a decade old because the wrapper in the OR was aged 7 years already when released in 2000. How did it compare to other anejos in terms of strength?

I was thinking the same thing. The OR Anejo's I've had didn't have that kind of sheen to them, plus my bands (yes I compared) did show a significant difference in the brightness of the white.

Brian,

The ones you have are indeed fake. Send them to me just to make sure though I will smoke them and let you know.

Jim
Whatcha tryin' to say Jim?? You been sending me fakes!?!? :laugh:

Brian,

Jim
Whatcha tryin' to say Jim?? You been sending me fakes!?!? :laugh:

Ouch!! You got me on that one :blush:.

Jim

This review makes me want to eat those cigars for breakfast.

I love the old school stuff. Very cool.

I have never seen a band show it's age within a few years really. You can see little to no difference between all the different bands above.

I have. But the key is to look at the back of the band, not the front.

I do concur that it seems very strange to me to have such incredibly yellow cello, but whatever process tinted the cello (light, time, oils from the cigar, etc.) didn't affect the band much.

With cigars like these, it's all about provenance. Only people I know who can trace the origin of the cigars would I be assured that they are the real deal, since there's no other distinguishing mark.

If the cellophane ever appeared to have been opened before (ie, obvious wrinkles from the cigar being removed and reinserted), I would become suspicious.

As has been said a million times before it is impossible to give a comprehensive assessment of a cigar from pics online. It simply is just not going to happen. I have several cigars from the 50's, 60's, 70's, and so on and have compared them with fresh sticks and many of the bands are not that much different. Storage-ect is a huge factor to the chemistry.

That's true. I have OR Añejos without the deep yellow cello.

But the key point is that whatever affected the cello to such an extreme in this case, one would logically assume that it would also affect the band.

I don't know where these cigars came from; but I'd want to be incredibly sure of my source before paying a premium for purported ORs.

I'm certainly not saying that these cigars are not what they are purported to be, because I don't have enough information to make that call. Just speaking in general.

VERY informative post Andrew, as always. Thanks for the insight. :thumbs: Just seems odd that cello has become that yellowed, to no affect of the actual band...

Pretty shitty situation for the buyers, sorry guys it has happened to me before too.

For those of you who were thinking 'why are these guys naysaying in our thread', does it make sense now? This wouldn't have been discovered if people with experience with these cigars didn't comment. Then someone gets an "OR Anejo" put in their pass for say, a Padron 80th that is legit and so it begins....

Ding, ding. Nice spot early on, jfields.

Who needs to be banned?

No one that I'm aware of. I don't think this guy is on CP yet... or if he is, I don't know what his handle would be. He goes by "smokinj" and "usmcsmokinj" on other boards, though.

Pretty shitty situation for the buyers, sorry guys it has happened to me before too.

For those of you who were thinking 'why are these guys naysaying in our thread', does it make sense now? This wouldn't have been discovered if people with experience with these cigars didn't comment. Then someone gets an "OR Anejo" put in their pass for say, a Padron 80th that is legit and so it begins....

Unfortunately, you are right, Phil.

Lee

Very shitty situation....I don't think anyone was thinking that. I think people are grateful that others have spoken up to bring attention to this if, in fact, these cigars were purchased from this scumbag.

Very shitty situation....I don't think anyone was thinking that. I think people are grateful that others have spoken up to bring attention to this if, in fact, these cigars were purchased from this scumbag.

They were indeed purchased from this guy. I would be extremely suspect of anything obtained from this individual.

Times must be tough now that he can't hawk his stuff on Yahoo.

Unfortunately, you are right, Phil.

Lee

If you don't mind me asking Lee, where did you get this from? I saw 2 other guys saying they were awaiting the arrival of their cigars also, so I'm assuming it was someone here. You can pm me if you feel like answering the question, no need to post the name though.

Nevermind, looks like Andrew just answered the question in the post above.

Was this part of a GB? Are there others floating out there?

Robbie, judging from the bands below...........

05, 03, 06, OR, OR, 07.
DSC04732.jpg

DSC04729edit2-1.jpg

DSC04729edit3-1.jpg

Never been opened. Sealed with yummy goodness!
DSC04734.jpg

I have never seen a band show it's age within a few years really. You can see little to no difference between all the different bands above.

It might also be reasonable to assume that some of these aren't what you think they are?!? Those two on the end are supposed to be 10 years apart in age but the bands look identical in color.

They were indeed purchased from this guy. I would be extremely suspect of anything obtained from this individual.

Times must be tough now that he can't hawk his stuff on Yahoo.

wow....that really sucks. Sorry to hear this....and thank you Andrew for pointing this out.

It might also be reasonable to assume that some of these aren't what you think they are?!? Those two on the end are supposed to be 10 years apart in age but the bands look identical in color.

I hear the Germans just bombed Pearl Harbor! ;)

I hear the Germans just bombed Pearl Harbor! ;)

Didn't realize these were part of the same sale......... boy, that's one hell of a quagmire!! Sorry guys, that sucks!!!