• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OR Anejo #49

See this time and time again with the rush to get hands on the "Holy Grails." There are always A-holes out there who will gladly take advantage of another without experience.

Man that is a bummer. At least it's still a good cigar though.

They are but the thing is I am guessing they paid 3 or 4x msrp for these since they were represented as OR, which is quite a tough loss. I would be really wary of sending the guy anything back first obviously as well...

Edit: Who organized the group buy?

If there is any way for this to be put on hold so we have a better chance of getting our money back it would be greatly appreciated.

If there is any way for this to be put on hold so we have a better chance of getting our money back it would be greatly appreciated.

Honestly, I'm not sure any of it will affect your chances of a refund. He's either going to take the cigars back and refund your monies, or he's not... and I think that die was cast long ago.

It's important to protect others from this guy now that he's been re-exposed. He's already traded with at least 4 people on CF, and probably many more on Wades and elsewhere.

While I sympathize with your plight, and hope you do get your money back... the cigar community as a whole needs to be informed before there are more victims.

While I can't comment on these cigars, I have been cautioning people about cigars overall the past several months.

The economy brings out many things in people. My concern is you get cigars from other boards not CP and then issues arise. I'm not saying this is the case, but in hard times things may not be as advertised. Know your sources and trust them, if not don't trade, give or discuss these cigars.

Sometimes the most important lessons are the expensive kind.

Been an aweful lot of Padrón Millennium flying around here lately too... hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Caveat emptor!

Lee, I'm sorry you got taken, but the truth is that it was very easy to prevent.

Several of the more experienced members here you've been so snarkey to could have offered advice that would have prevented you from spending money with this guy.

Did you bother to PM a more experienced member before buying? Post a thread asking if the seller was known, and legit?

The reason that some of "old guys" feel that there's a sense of entitlement with some of the "new guys" is they don't seem to understand the benefits of the community, nor seem willing to ask for and accept advice when it's freely offered.

I am genuinely sorry you got taken. At work, we refer to things like this as a 'SILO' event; a self-induced learning opportunity. If good can come from bad, perhaps this will prevent other newer members from getting burned when in pursuit of their own personal "holy grail".

Food for thought - B.B.S.

- Did you bother to PM a more experienced member before buying?
- Post a thread asking if the seller was known, and legit?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't been here 6 months yet, so I'm a NOB on the board. I've learned, the hard way,
if someone has been there before you, asking the right questions of them can save you some
skin on your nose.

A few days ago, I did just that. I asked a well respected FOG, thru PM, about a buy I was
thinking about. He said IMHO it was good. That's all it took for me. I'm looking forward,
with great anticipation to receiving the sticks.

I'm sure they have heard it before but, THANKS, to all of the FOG's for their great input
to all us newbies. :thumbs:

Cheers...

- KiltLad

- Did you bother to PM a more experienced member before buying?
- Post a thread asking if the seller was known, and legit?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't been here 6 months yet, so I'm a NOB on the board. I've learned, the hard way,
if someone has been there before you, asking the right questions of them can save you some
skin on your nose.

A few days ago, I did just that. I asked a well respected FOG, thru PM, about a buy I was
thinking about. He said IMHO it was good. That's all it took for me. I'm looking forward,
with great anticipation to receiving the sticks.

I'm sure they have heard it before but, THANKS, to all of the FOG's for their great input
to all us newbies. :thumbs:

Cheers...

- KiltLad
Being here less than six months doesn't make you a NOB, or a KNOB either for that matter, ;) Hope your anticipated sticks are better than hoped!

Edited to add...........

This whole thing is such a disgusting shame! Why can't someone just break this guys legs.

It's funny cause at poker the other night I was talking to CP Jay about some OR's that I heard were for sale but I felt that they were suspect with the asking prices. I did not hear who the seller was until this post but I have been on CF for many years and know this guys rep. I have smoked several OR Anejo, Opus and still have some and this kind of shit is unsettling. I wish I was aware of this deal earlier for the guys that got ripped. Be carfeul.

Lee, I'm sorry you got taken, but the truth is that it was very easy to prevent.

Several of the more experienced members here you've been so snarkey to could have offered advice that would have prevented you from spending money with this guy.

Did you bother to PM a more experienced member before buying? Post a thread asking if the seller was known, and legit?

The reason that some of "old guys" feel that there's a sense of entitlement with some of the "new guys" is they don't seem to understand the benefits of the community, nor seem willing to ask for and accept advice when it's freely offered.

I am genuinely sorry you got taken. At work, we refer to things like this as a 'SILO' event; a self-induced learning opportunity. If good can come from bad, perhaps this will prevent other newer members from getting burned when in pursuit of their own personal "holy grail".

As a newbie who values the wisdom of FOGs, this post is like gold Tom. All this drive to get these "holy grail" cigars as Dan pointed out is ridiculous. Cigar smoking is a lifestyle, where the most valuable assets are the camaraderie and friendship it brings, and enjoying life to the fullest. It ain't about who's got the newest friggin' stick pre-release (because eventually every schlub is gonna end up getting one), or who can get an original release of this cigar or that cigar... This stuff COMES IN TIME.

When I first joined, I never thought I'd see more than one Opus in my humidor and more than one Shark together at a time, but now I have a full box of each. Guys like Rod, Bruce, Tom, Tony, Doc, George, Ray, Andrew, Sam, and a host of others...these guys do it the best because they've been around the block more than once in life experience and cigar experience. It's just utter stupidity to not tap into these guys as a resource, and snub your noses at them.

It doesn't matter how much money you have to throw away on HTF sticks, your "Look At Me!" posts, or your self-proclaimed status as a "High Roller," because in the end you're just a guy smoking a cigar. Whether it fell out of Carlito's ass and into your hands, or it was rolled by your local smoke shop, it's just a damn cigar. The real treasures are the PEOPLE and friendships made, and the history behind the culture.

CP isn't a wheel-and-deal site, you can go to Wade's for that and donate your 4% to him if you'd like. Take a moment and stop to enjoy the history of these cigars, PAY IT FORWARD, and respect those before you. Lesson learned.

/endrant.

I hope none of these were traded or put in passes....for authentic cigars.

Several excellent posts in this thread.

Makes me think of those who only smoke CC's, and snub their nose at anything Dominican, Nic, Hon, etc. To fully enjoy and learn about something you have to be completely open to it. I never was a fan of the whole snob mentality, smoke what you enjoy, and enjoy what you smoke! The number of cuban seekers and cuban sales is getting a little out of hand, which will be address soon...

Cigars are what bring us to CP, however friendships are what keep us here.

Man that is a bummer. At least it's still a good cigar though.

They are but the thing is I am guessing they paid 3 or 4x msrp for these since they were represented as OR, which is quite a tough loss. I would be really wary of sending the guy anything back first obviously as well...

Edit: Who organized the group buy?

I hope whoever it was is prepared to make it right. Just like with "other" cigars, know your source and be prepared to be on the hook when you're putting other people's money on the line.