• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Parting Comments

If you say that you're leaving, then leave. Don't expect sympathy or people begging you to stay.

That being said, it sounds like you're a good guy underneath all of this and it's too bad this worked out the way it did. Take care.

---John Holmes...

I didn't make him say what he said and I didn't tell him to post a picture of the fishing boat doing the trolling (I still don't know what that means)

I think I figured that one out! I believe it was a failed attempt to correlate trolling with trawling.

I look forward to any feedback in regards to my comments.
Here you go then, Gary...

In your short time at CigarPass, you've shown yourself to be more of an adult, more of a man than I've encountered here in a long time.

Wilkey
This is true.

Too bad this guy took your advice the wrong way and then threw you under the bus at the first opportunity. It sounds like he may have been able to contribute some knowledge to the board. A simple real apology could have avoided all of this. All of the qualifications and "I apologize but you're still wrong" is not something that's going to work.

I guess this just shows us all that we have to make sure the advice we give to others is crystal clear. I know I'll watch the advice I give to those who ask a little closer in the future.
Thank You Gentlemen.

I didn't make him say what he said and I didn't tell him to post a picture of the fishing boat doing the trolling (I still don't know what that means)

I think I figured that one out! I believe it was a failed attempt to correlate trolling with trawling.
Oooooh, now I get it. So that's why my 19yo daughter says to me..."don't act like a troll Dad!"

...but in my day, a Troll was a cute little naked doll with weird colored hair.

Wait, now I'm confused again :laugh:

As far as you go Gary, I have no qualms with you
Thanks, I appreciate the vote of confidence.

Why do some feel entitled to post what they want. This guys thread and other threads lately, would have been just fine if certain comments were curtailed.

Having said that...it's not what is said but rather, how you handle what is said.

Brazilla, you are cutting off your nose to spite your face. Seriously, why have you become so emotional and adamant. You are a mature guy and from what some have
said, a stand up guy.

We don't all love each other, we don't all agree with each other but we stay here because this is a fine community. People change when they spend time on CP, you will too.

I said this before and for the last time I'll say it again...it's STILL not too late, nobody is driving you away, catch up to life, it's not waiting for you.

Good luck.

Brian

Bump.... for those of you that missed it! :whistling:

Let the thread die.

whoa.jpg

damn, now that is the way to end a thread!!!

Don

Well fellas, it's been quite a week. Don't you think? For the first time, in like 8-10 years of posting on community boards, I've been run outta town. First for me! This has been on my mind most of the week and quite frankly, has hurt my feelings more than just a little. I'm one of those few, a minority these days, that actually cares what people think of me. I've lived my life this way and it's done me well so far.

I've checked in daily to see if any of my PMs were answered but none were so I'll consider the matter closed on Cigar Pass' end.

To Double D Jul 29 2008, 03:36 PM
First of all, I'm sure I'll not post here again because this has been so blow out of proportion by people, and I'll have to say you also, that have no idea what was going on behind the pages that I'll never be able to dig my way out much less be welcome.

The cartoon didn't have any political undertones what so ever. It had everything to do with not being able to purchase Cuban Cigars legally for the last 45 years but that's not the point nor the reason for the gang rape.

The Newbie Pass, let me say this again...The NEWBI Pass was something I was interested in but didn't really think I'd qualify for. Then Gary sent me the enclosed PM. Since Gary seems to be the #2 guy running this pass I figured I would try to post up and qualify. I do this in a couple of days and all of a sudden everybody is giving me shit over it. The cartoon shows up and that gets totally misunderstood so I figure I'd better try to explain at least what I was trying to do. Hell, they were wanting to ban me over the stupid cartoon. The explanation was made by me and instead for explaining anything it just opened up a whole new can of worms. By the time you waded in with your post, which btw really pissed me off, I let my temper get the best of me and violated my usual #1 rule and posted while I was mad. Well I don't have to tell you what happened then. I got to feeling bad about putting up the troll picture but not bad enough to be really sorry for it. I PM you with a half-ass'd apology, sent Gary a link to the thread and slept on it. Today I was pissed at myself for posting shit while I was mad and decided to try to salvage the situation. I'm still not saying I was wrong to post whore this weekend because the #2 guy in the pass encouraged me to do it. I'm just saying this looks like a good place to be and it seems that's not an option now. For what ever it's worth, I am sorry I instituted you were trolling me.

Gary's PMs and please note the dates.....

You Can Do It!, Jul 25 2008, 03:47 PM

Ye Old Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 7671

Come on Bear.....

You have 2 1/2 days to get to the minimum 100 posts for the contest!

Get involved and start talking it up man!....pass some of that B&M knowledge along to these young kids.

You can do it laugh.gif

Gary
aka - ironpeddler

Jul 27 2008, 08:09 PM

Holy crap!...I haven't been on most of the W/E and I just saw that you have 102 posts!!!!

You must have been a posting MF....

Now set your alarm for early this morning and roll the dice

Good Luck

Gary

end PM

New PM
Sorry for the Drama, Jul 29 2008, 04:28 PM

To Tod
Group: Members
Member No.: 8249

I just really want to say that this whole thing has been a misunderstanding from the beginning. It was a misunderstanding till I got mad. Then I was an asshat but if you kick a dog enough, he's gonna bite back. These guys were merciless to me over a situation they never understood what was happening and what I was being told behind the posts. Gary told me to get my post count up by Monday so I could get into the newbe pass. He seems to be the #2 guy running the pass so I did. I was wrong for posting while I was mad but hell, read the shit they all said about me. I'm just sorry I'll never dig my way out of this because it seems like a good place to be. Sorry for all the Drama.

Bear Kidwill aka Brazilla

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
Your incompetence doesn't require my urgency....

end PM

First of all I'd like to say I appreciate those who posted helpful comments and strained understanding. I doubt many people fully understand my side of this. My regret is posting while angry and for that I will suffer the consequence. I also appreciate those who PM'd me with kind advise and insight on some of the people who propagated the incident, making it front page news for days.

I appreciate those who were so interested in the affair they carried it over into other threads. I was so entertained by one particular insult that I incorporated it into my signature. I appreciate the taunts, encouraging me to continue to post after clearly, anything else said would have been non-productive if not even more destructive.

I appreciate the kind words and encouragement given to me by the one person that got me into all this to begin with but never, I repeat never once publicly came to my defense. In his defense, I would have done the same as he for I'm sure he's seen this kind of “Rush to Judgment” before and didn't want his ass to be held in the same high regard as mine.

I'm particularly sorry about the trolling incident. Dale didn't deserve that and I can only say he was a victim of collateral damage. I knew nothing of him and had never seen any of his posts. Once again Dale, I'm truly sorry for the insinuation. To single you out with such a target rich environment here was totally unfair.

Lastly, I would like to thank the one person that did come to my defense. Coincidently, he's the only person here that knows me in real life and knows who I really am.

Who are you? And why are you leaving?

I have to adblock almost all of the images from work so I can read without looking over my shoulder. Threads like this one just no longer make sense. Wait! This one didn't make sense WITH the pictures.

Something about cigars and babes just clicks, though I am at a loss to explain exactly what that something is. I still get surprised occasionally at the interjection of a scantily clad lass into a sombre thread... pleasantly surprised mind you.

I just imagine the real life counterpart would be equally awesome:
Guy 1:'Dude, I caught you stealing money from my wallet!.'
Guy 2:'No way, I would never do that.'
Guy 1:'I thought I could trust you man.'
Guy 3: 'Hey guys, calm down. I hired some strippers.'
Guy 1 & 2:'Sweeet. Strippers are hot.'

Something about cigars and babes just clicks, though I am at a loss to explain exactly what that something is. I still get surprised occasionally at the interjection of a scantily clad lass into a sombre thread... pleasantly surprised mind you.

I just imagine the real life counterpart would be equally awesome:
Guy 1:'Dude, I caught you stealing money from my wallet!.'
Guy 2:'No way, I would never do that.'
Guy 1:'I thought I could trust you man.'
Guy 3: 'Hey guys, calm down. I hired some strippers.'
Guy 1 & 2:'Sweeet. Strippers are hot.'

Don't overthink it.

I do it to get Bruce to look over his shoulder!

:D