• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Please Help

DandScigars said:
My business' website just went live and I wanted to see if some cigar enthusiasts could provide me with some feedback. Any feedback good/bad is appreciated. Thanks for your help.
-Rick
[snapback]203556[/snapback]​

Kayak is right, you came here asking for our feedback good/bad. I'm just giving you my opinion.

Besides, the name Colita means a$$hole in Spanish. Who wants a$$hole cigars, come and get your a$$hole cigars. I hope they don't taste like a$$holes. :p

Ree

ree ree robusto said:
Besides, the name Colita means a$$hole in Spanish. Who wants a$$hole cigars, come and get your a$$hole cigars. I hope they don't taste like a$$holes. :p

Ree
[snapback]204618[/snapback]​

I thought it meant "Little Tail?" Prolly idiomatic.

I'm not going to win here. I apologize for calling anyone ignorant. I didn't come to this board to argue. I'm a bit passionated about my cigars and I thought I was being treated unfairly but I guess I went overboard. I really don't want to argue with you people. I'm sending some people on this board some samples, hopefully you guys can read their reviews in the near future and then fairly judge the cigars.

DandScigars said:
I'm not going to win here. I apologize for calling anyone ignorant. I didn't come to this board to argue. I'm a bit passionated about my cigars and I thought I was being treated unfairly but I guess I went overboard. I really don't want to argue with you people. I'm sending some people on this board some samples, hopefully you guys can read their reviews in the near future and then fairly judge the cigars.
[snapback]204624[/snapback]​

I recommend you try this site:

www.letstalkcigars.com

They will be very open to you. :thumbs:

Why is everyone attacking someone who is actually trying to learn how to deal and do business with the public, something he admits to being new at? Nothing wrong with being honest, but there's no need to bash someone in the process. It's not like he's trying to pawn off some fake ISOM's - the worst that could happen is that we get to try some new sticks and not like any.

KayakinBoy said:
I never said you were ignorant for smoking an Opus or any well known cigar. I too smoke Opus, Cohiba and other premium brands. I'm a cigar enthusiast too. I'm a fan of good cigars.

Great, then post in the main forums as a cigar lover, not a seller.

I was trying to make is that it is not fair to call a product cheap/crappy when you have no knowledge about it. I won't force you to smoke my cigars, you don't have to like them either. Just be fair and don't put down a cigar you know nothing about.

Some cigars are pretty easy to read. The Colita, says it all. Sorry but if I saw a cigar in a "Apus Z" box that looks alot like Opus X, I wouldn't touch it.

When you do this, I consider you ignorant.
The way to get our trust and try your product in the first place, is not by insulting us. And please remeber, you came here asking our thoughts, and you got them! Thanks for stopping by! :whistling:

When I go to a local shop, they don't call me dumb and tell me to buy a knock off cigar... ;)
[snapback]204605[/snapback]​

That's why... ;)

KayakinBoy said:
That's why... ;)
[snapback]204692[/snapback]​

??

He civily replied to someone else's post, already forced into defensive mode, so you take his response, break it down and put words in his mouth, and that's your justification for slagging him?

I seem to remember something about being the friendliest cigar site? DandScigars has been civil and has made some good points. If you don't like his packaging them don't buy them but there is no need to repeat the same reasons over and over.

Look guys I think we need to cut Rick a little slack.

All he did was ask for our opinion on his new site. He should be entitled to sell his cigars at any price he thinks fit, and market them any way he wants! Let's face it, it's his investment thats on the line not ours. And his point is somewhat valid don't judge my cigars on their price but on how they smoke. He may have started of wrong with the "ingnorant rant" but the bottom line is there are a ton of guys that would love to find an "everyday" affordable cigar if it was half way decent tasting well rolled stick. These cigars may not be for everyone and I think Rick has accepted that but don't be fooled there is a big market for this segment of market.

Rick put a nice sampler pack together put a reasonable price on it and throw it at us.

Thanks for the support. I am new with working with the end consumer so I guess there are some things I have to change. I am currently working on a sampler package and I'm still working on sending a small sampler packages to some people on this board for review. I'm hoping they'll be ready later this week. I'll be sure to notify everyone's I've talked to about the samplers once they are shipped. I really do apologize, my intentions were never to come here to argue, but to learn from cigar enthusiasts. I took things the wrong way, and I've apologized for that, but I'm really here because I too am a cigar fan. Cigars are not only my job but they are my hobby and a passion. Both good/bad feedback will help my business. And eventhough we might not agree with certain things, I still learn from critism as well as praise.

I have to agree with Igwana and AVB...

This guy has been civil and, IMHO, has explained his position in a fair and open manner. Maybe the "ignorant" comment was a little rough but otherwise he made some valid points. The explanation of how/why he uses the Colita brand was a deciding point for me. The fact that it will be discontinued is a positive one.

There is one suggestion I'd like to make: I think "Duran & Sons" is a better cigar name than "DandS". Just my two pennies.

DandScigars said:
.....I'm still working on sending a small sampler packages to some people on this board for review. I'm hoping they'll be ready later this week.
Put a sampler together for a fair price, and let us know how to get one. I'm new here, but my bet is that you'll get honest reviews from the more experienced members of the board that choose to try one. This can be a "tough room" to play in, but you will get honest opinions from very experienced folks.

The "knock off" name is offensive to experienced smokers and doesn't represent your smokes well. I'd consider 86'ing that one pronto.....

Just my $00.02 - B.B.S.

Welcome to the playground. Apology accepted. Send me a sampler, if you don't mind, and then I will judge thee.

Ree

Now that is a blatant mooch attempt! :p :p :p

ree ree robusto said:
Send me a sampler, if you don't mind, and then I will judge thee.

Ree
[snapback]204777[/snapback]​

My first post in this thread offered the feedback he was looking for.
Even my second post took no issues with his cigars as I have not tried them. I was making an argumtent that there is some arrogance coming along and comparing your cigars to Opus. I can understand he wants to get his cigars out there and to have people give them a fair shake but there are some things you have to earn. I am willing to try the cigars but I have to say I will not be judging them as I would before the rant post. I will be expecting a real primo smoke.

Look, I gave my thoughts, he spammed our site, I think zack the head a$$clown tried something like this and got nailed for it. oh well, buy from him, if you want.

I just recieved a sample pack from DandSCigars. Came well packaged.

Package had:

Colita - Looks Good, no blemishes
Cubanito - Same
Mojo - Same
Fuma Dominicana - Same
Zemis - Same

Also had a nice steel punch and a tin of Chocolate Flavored Mini cigars (Colita)

I am going to let them sit and mellow a bit in the humi and will post a review.

Thanks Rick!!

Toliver

UPDATE!!!!!!

Soooooooooooo, whadda all think of ole Enrique now?

I think he's a no good liar with a short fuse who cannot be trusted. I would never have anything to do with this loser because he was caught is a blatant lie and he has run for the hills. He's a devious, underhanded liar, pure and simple.

My suspicion is the he and his other screen name "SlickNYC" will never infect CigarPass again.

Have a nice life loser......... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edit - Doh, "devious" not eevious :whistling: