• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Poll... V6 or V8? Mustang

V6 or V8?

• Total voters
Gotta go with the v-8. I guess it's because the mid life crisis isn't far behind! :laugh:

The V8 is winning. Bonus...called the insurance and the convertible models are cheaper... Also GREAT rates... So so far the V8 is winning... OH YEAH!!!

Go Big Or Stay Home!!!! If you got the 6, you would always wonder......if this is this fast ....what would an 8 cylinder do? Then, be careful!

The V8 is winning. Bonus...called the insurance and the convertible models are cheaper... Also GREAT rates... So so far the V8 is winning... OH YEAH!!!

I figured the drop top was a slam dunk. Topless is the only way to go.

V-6 got my vote because of $4 a gallon gas. Don't forget to drive it like you stole it.

The wife and I are planning to carpool to work 2 days or more out of the work week. So that should help with gas cost. And being in Colorado for some reason our gas is always cheaper than the nation. We're at 3.15 right now for Denver metro area. A colleague of mine said she was shooting the shit with a dealer. The guy told her gas prices were going to drop again. This temporary spike could indeed be because the refineries shut down and or transition to "summer" gas production. All in all the V8 is winning. I will of course post a pic of the pony when we pick it up and it is safely home :)

Well, since you seem to be leaning towards a V8 (my choice also), let's hear what color you decide on. That's when you can let your emotions run wild!

Color... Leaning toward Mineral Grey Metallic. I will keep everyone posted... And of course pics when it comes home.

V6? Not an option for a Mustang...or any car that offers a V8. :)

Nissan Versa? If I had the means, I would be burning up tires with the V8. Why not!

Going this weekend to negotiate. And have dealer find/order vehicle. Awesome!!!! I will post pics when keys in hand!

Thanks for your input/feedback guys!

C

I have an 06 Mustang GT Convert (v8) that puts out 300 HP. I basically get 17 mpg because most of my miles are on highway. I could have waited for the Shelby with 450 HP - but most of my friends pointed out that is not a daily driver. I didn't seriously consider it because frankly its a light car and 300 HP is pretty kick ass.

Oddly enough - my wife got a 6 cylinder Acura MDX 2 years later that also puts out 300 HP. Clearly it is a much heavier car, but does put out some pep.

Frankly - I like the GT package/styling additions and would thus go for the GT again.

Good luck

John

I'd go for the V8 so long as you don't have a long commute. It will hold more value for longer I would bet.

My daily driver is an 02 Triple Black GT. Great car. Really hope you do get the V8.

Hey, isnt fomoco putting a 300+ hp V6 turbo in acurrent gen mustangs? Thats definitely something to consider reasonable on,gas xonsidering hp output. US brands on the whole are starting to move toward more precisely,tuned motors due to increasing regulation pressures from the gov.. Much like so many european cars.. I remember reaading in an auto mag last year, that this coming generation of corvettes are feared to be the last v8's if things continue.. Who knows though... Anyone remember the mustang SVO from the 80's, which was fast but with a tuned out 4cyl?

Hey, isnt fomoco putting a 300+ hp V6 turbo in acurrent gen mustangs? Thats definitely something to consider reasonable on,gas xonsidering hp output. US brands on the whole are starting to move toward more precisely,tuned motors due to increasing regulation pressures from the gov.. Much like so many european cars.. I remember reaading in an auto mag last year, that this coming generation of corvettes are feared to be the last v8's if things continue.. Who knows though... Anyone remember the mustang SVO from the 80's, which was fast but with a tuned out 4cyl?

Yep, no torque.