• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Post value and thread meltdowns

Phew so many damn big words. Where are the pictures?

Look how much fun you guys had with this today! 1500 views 80 posts wow!

Your all welcome, hope you had fun, come back soon!

Thin skinned, kiss my a$$!

FYI: Neal and some of the other so called "shit stirrers" have done nothing but protect the community, long before you or I were here. I sometimes do not agree with Neal's methods, but I certainly respect he and the other FOG's motives to protect the bigger picture here.
Grow some thick skin guys, you'll be a better person for it.

I agree. It's gotten to the point where if I see something Neal has posted that I disagree with, I assume that I just haven't figured the situation out yet. So I sit back and read a bit more, and follow it until I have.

Seems like some crazy shit is happening, thanks for the bed time story. Look forward to reading the rest with my morning coffee :whistling:

Matty is an in inveterate fence sitter and when he weighs in you can bet the dust up is already over. Now you fuggin' people have talked this thing into the ground and ruined it, leaving me with no choice but to find somebody else to piss off.

NA

Matty is an in inveterate fence sitter and when he weighs in you can bet the dust up is already over. Now you fuggin' people have talked this thing into the ground and ruined it, leaving me with no choice but to find somebody else to piss off.
I'm ready if you are.
Thanks for the offer john but I prefer someone with skills. I'll let you know the next time I'm slummin' though.

NA

Someone asked for opinions of those who sit on the sidelines...my dad retired in 1989 after 24 years of service in the Army. I'm guessing I was born with thick skin. End of that discussion.

I quote the above NA posts because they are the best posts I've read in a while. Thanks for the laugh Mr. Clemmons!

I decided to take the day off to brace for the big snowstorm that was supposed to hit. We barely got a cold fart from Mother Nature. I spent the day in my attic pulling wire.

Interesting choice of words. It is my considered opinion that you started this thread to get at me and not to right a wrong. You weren't insulted by what I said. You were mad that I said it to you. Your flippant use of the KMA rejoinder is proof. Joke or not it is telling evidence.

NA

Interesting choice of words. It is my considered opinion that you started this thread to get at me and not to right a wrong. You weren't insulted by what I said. You were mad that I said it to you. Your flippant use of the KMA rejoinder is proof. Joke or not it is telling evidence.

NA
Astute deduction.

But then again, I remember from BT's early days that he and I had a dustup stemming from his phraseaology. My conclusion isn't quite as clear as yours at this point, Neal. But, I do see where you're coming from.

Wilkey

I 'didn't get it' when i 1st came here, and i was absent for awhile, and still didn't get it soon after i came back. Well, i showed my ass in a couple of threads, got dressed down (rightly so) and was about ready to tell this place to kiss my butt, but then that dreaded thing called maturity kicked in (it's over-rated) and i decided to quit acting like an ass and 'fit in' here. Man, i'm glad i decided that route, this is one great community, unlike any other internet community i've ever been a part of.

Hats off to Rod and the FOG's for keeping this place great. :cool:

Long and short off it if you are on this list(most current) and joined post 05'....you are a post whore......:sign:
Now get off the dammed internet and get back to work....... :laugh:

grateful1 6-February 06 3479 30 4.41%
The Volusianator 14-September 06 2292 23 3.38%
MiamiCubano 27-October 03 1586 19 2.79%
jfields 25-January 07 691 16 2.35%
Saxjazzman 30-December 06 1526 16 2.35%
SamClemmons 6-December 01 2263 15 2.21%
Brickhouse 12-April 06 3355 15 2.21% tone-ny 24-November 04 3073 14 2.06%
Opus meX 4-December 06 654 13 1.91%
AVB 14-November 03 11655 13 1.91%
Burnt Tongue 24-September 06 1186 12 1.76%
NullSmurf 18-January 06 3046 12 1.76%
tkoepp 11-July 06 1229 11 1.62%
Strayvector 30-May 05 1466 11 1.62%
Rod 5-January 01 4503 11 1.62%
rbbrock 4-April 07 53 10 1.47%
smellysell 9-January 07 720 9 1.32% ggiese 5-December 04 3476 9 1.32%
rob300c 24-October 05 1432 9 1.32%
hoshnasi 24-January 07 127 9 1.32%

I suppose if the worst I'm called is a post whore, I'm doing ok. At least nobody has told me to 'fug(g) off' yet. :laugh:

I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Long and short off it if you are on this list(most current) and joined post 05'....you are a post whore......:sign:
Now get off the dammed internet and get back to work....... :laugh:

grateful1 6-February 06 3479 30 4.41%
The Volusianator 14-September 06 2292 23 3.38%
MiamiCubano 27-October 03 1586 19 2.79%
jfields 25-January 07 691 16 2.35%
Saxjazzman 30-December 06 1526 16 2.35%
SamClemmons 6-December 01 2263 15 2.21%
Brickhouse 12-April 06 3355 15 2.21% tone-ny 24-November 04 3073 14 2.06%
Opus meX 4-December 06 654 13 1.91%
AVB 14-November 03 11655 13 1.91%
Burnt Tongue 24-September 06 1186 12 1.76%
NullSmurf 18-January 06 3046 12 1.76%
tkoepp 11-July 06 1229 11 1.62%
Strayvector 30-May 05 1466 11 1.62%
Rod 5-January 01 4503 11 1.62%
rbbrock 4-April 07 53 10 1.47%
smellysell 9-January 07 720 9 1.32% ggiese 5-December 04 3476 9 1.32%
rob300c 24-October 05 1432 9 1.32%
hoshnasi 24-January 07 127 9 1.32%

I suppose if the worst I'm called is a post whore, I'm doing ok. At least nobody has told me to 'fug(g) off' yet. :laugh:

I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Fugg off, you smelly turdball.

:D

Truth is told my first post was serious. I was disappointed that almost no one agreed and thought I was thin skinned. I am 58 years old; I was born and raised in NYC. I did 1 tour in VN. I worked in NYC for 25 years. I raised 5 kids and I own my own business. I am not thinned skinned or ultra sensitive. I just thought it would be nice to treat each other a little better then we do around here. I was told that we need protection from newbies with ulterior motives from the FOGS. Maybe we do, but I still feel we could do it better. My previous post was to show how a negative post can make you feel. It was not serious, just negative. Negative posts suck, they make people feel bad. I don't come here to feel bad I come here for fun. If you read through my profile and my posts you will see who I really am. When I came here I started as most. Posting alot adding sarcasm and joking around. I evolved to only adding posts with value, when I was called out by the FOGS. I guess the difference was they did it courteously with me. I guess I felt they could do it that way all the time.

I guess we all need to act like we are in a bar

exactly how it should be...but it's not. I seriously doubt some of the things that have been said to Wade and to other people would be said if they were standing face to face. My 65 year old mom can can act like a bad ass on the internet.
There in lies the biggest problem with internet forums (not that forums are a bad thing, but simply one of the downsides.) A lot can be said behind the protection of a keyboard and monitor that would probably not be said toe to toe.

Really hallucinator? Ya think so? You don't know me very well... I make my living telling people where they went wrong. And I'm not afraid to do so. I've been attacked a number of time by the likes of people like you who think I should not say it "toe to toe". I've gotten my share of cuts and bruises over testosterone (and occasionally estrogen) raging morons. And they were carted away in an ambulance, and later sat in jail. The effects of the confrontation didn't last nearly as long for me. Funny how that works.

Like Neal says - if you don't want to be criticized, don't do things to be criticized for.

hallucinator - you - personally - have been given more than one or two "nudges" to move you in the right direction. And rather than taking those nudges for what they were - you decided to turn into a roid raging maniac. You can either learn how to integrate into the community, or take your lemonade stand and move on. It really would be in everyone's best interest here to do that...

Burnt tongue - don't know what to say about you. You clearly don't want respect, so I don't know why you're even asking for it...

<Neal owes you an apology - that's RICH ...>
:laugh:

I'm ready if you are.
Thanks for the offer john but I prefer someone with skills. I'll let you know the next time I'm slummin' though.

NA

:laugh:

^
Sorry Todd... :blush:

Truth is told my first post was serious. I was disappointed that almost no one agreed and thought I was thin skinned. I am 58 years old; I was born and raised in NYC. I did 1 tour in VN. I worked in NYC for 25 years. I raised 5 kids and I own my own business. I am not thinned skinned or ultra sensitive. I just thought it would be nice to treat each other a little better then we do around here. I was told that we need protection from newbies with ulterior motives from the FOGS. Maybe we do, but I still feel we could do it better. My previous post was to show how a negative post can make you feel. It was not serious, just negative. Negative posts suck, they make people feel bad. I don't come here to feel bad I come here for fun. If you read through my profile and my posts you will see who I really am. When I came here I started as most. Posting alot adding sarcasm and joking around. I evolved to only adding posts with value, when I was called out by the FOGS. I guess the difference was they did it courteously with me. I guess I felt they could do it that way all the time.
Nice try bt. Actually your first post went after me specifically. So the whole "we, they, us" thing doesn't wash. You didn't post the kma thing as a lesson in negative posts. You posted it as a joke and now you're backpeddling. I would say you are full of shit but knowing how sensitive you are I won't. Here's a little advice for future reference: If you feel the need to post your resume to make a point, you already missed the point. Talk about spin.
You thought you'd make this grandiose statement about how things should be and how samclemmons is an asshole and you'd be a hero and everyone would agree... only they didn't and don't. You are wrong.
Thank you for your service to our country.

Now piss off.

NA