• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rays vs. Phillies

I have to give kudos to the Ray's pitching staff, they sure as hell have kept the Phils from getting out of reach. The first base ump is a whole story unto itself, he should be wearing a Ray's shirt. :laugh:

Tonights game is very crucial. If Blanton pitches a gem and we get some offense. Tomorrow... Hamels closes it out.
Ryans gonna hit another one and hopefully we get some runs in.
Hope everyone has a great time enjoying the game.

Not a good start for you guys. Eva trying to touch Jimmys butt. :p

WOW! The bottom of the 8th is just over and the Phils have broken out of their shell, Go Phils.

Finally the bats come alive.. Blanton with a fantastic performance. Howard smacks two long! And I finally have off from work tomorrow I'll be able to watch the game in comfort!

GO Fightins!!! They have to keep this momentum up!

Tonights the night boys, It would be awesome to see the Phils win this at home.

I'm going to have to pick out my celebration smoke it looks like. Go Phils!!!

I think this has been the worst officiated series I remember. Both teams have gotten hosed on some calls that make Denkinger's call look good. :rolleyes:

We close it out tonight. Cole Hamel pitching and a little bit of offense and we should be good.
Hope everyone enjoys the game.

We started the game strong. 2-0. Let's see if Cole can hold the lead. Go Phillies!

We close it out tonight. Cole Hamel pitching and a little bit of offense and we should be good.
Hope everyone enjoys the game.

I haven't yet i've stuck watching the new Tink movie but thank God it's almost over and then GAME TIME.

GO PHILS!!

Well, Wheeler and Miller showed us all on Sunday night why the Astros got rid of them! :laugh:

Go Phillies! :thumbs:

I would never want to win a World Series on a called game and I'm sure the Phillies would feel the same way, but there is no way they should've been playing as long as they did last night. The fact that the umps wouldn't call an infield fly rule when the Phillies had runners on 1st and 2nd when they were leading 2-1 should have signaled that this game needs to be halted and resumed at a later date. 39 degrees, wind and rain and they played 6 innings? I'm not sure of the official rule but I can't see either team having a problem halting the game at 2-1 Phillies and continuing when the conditions were more favorable. Also, the homeplate umpire's strike zone was all over the place on both teams. He should not work another game behind the plate without having to pass some sort recertification.

Like I said before... Worst called series I've ever seen.
You gotta give players props for playing in that crap. Baseball is not meant to be played like that. (Perfect football weather though ;) )
Hope we get some good weather, so we can finish the game. Go Phillies!

Given Bud's previous experience with the All-Star game a couple of years ago, I'm surprised he didn't declare last night's game a tie!!! :laugh: :sign:

Tonights game should be an interesting one. 3 1/2 inning bullpen battle and it's tied 2 - 2.(Don't even wanna go there with the tying run. :angry: )
Even Mother Nature doesn't want the Phillies to win. :D
Hope everyone enjoys and have a great day everyone.