• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

REAL OR NOT SO REAL THAT IS THE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could take a vote...

LMAO!! :laugh:

Oh, I'll do you even one better, how about all you guys who insist on browsing the site at work (when you probably shouldn't be) and in front of your children demand that Rod make a new board rules here just for you special people? Good luck with that. ;)

What many of you fail to realize is that your "NSFW" or whatever childish internet lingo you like to use isn't as widely recognized as you'd like to think.

Actually, it's probably more recognized among the new guys instead of the old ones.

I don't really care, though. I browse at work and at home and whatever pops up, I just deal with. meh...

Actually, it's probably more recognized among the new guys instead of the old ones.

I don't really care, though. I browse at work and at home and whatever pops up, I just deal with. meh...

Welcome to nully's "vast minority!" :thumbs:

Ok, we disagree. I think you are in the large minority on this.

"large minority" is an exaggeration :rolleyes: and irrelevant to the fact that you personally disagree with me.

I think you're in the large minority regarding your continued insistance that my employment and family situation are relevant to the discussion.

The fact remains that enerjay didn't break any board rules here

Cmon Bill, does anyone besides you give a shit on this point. My point is that since you MAY have no children in your house, and you MAY not have a job speak to your perspective on the issue. We disgree - move on. No, NSFW is not a rule. It IS good form, however and I accept that you disagree. Oh, and I misspoke on the "large minority". I meant to say that VAST minority will agree with you on NSFW.

:rolleyes:
Obviously you do since you can't resist the urge to keep trying to extricate from the hole you dug for yourself and once again, you're STILL at it. You'd be wise to follow your own advice and "move on." :rolleyes:

You assumed things that were WRONG, dead wrong which actually have nothing to do with my right to have an opinon on the subject.

You're still relatively new here in the whole scheme of things nully and your really not in a position to state with confidence much of anything, certainlly not how a "vast" majority of members think or feel.

Who is in the hole here is a matter of perspective. BTW, its you're, not your.

Neither of us has the right to moderate this board. It's self moderated and that means us, you and me. We just did that. Those who agree with you that posting a NSFW isn't a necessary courtesy are free to post without one. Those who agree with me, will post NSFW. In the meantime, I will continue to view the board from wherever I chose.

Welcome to nully's "vast minority!"
Wrong assumption. I think it is common courtesy to use NSFW and would do so if I posted a pic or whatever, but I'm not to bothered if someone doesn't. I'll browse regardless from wherever.

---John Holmes...

Neither of us has the right to moderate this board. It's self moderated and that means us, you and me. We just did that. Those who agree with you that posting a NSFW isn't a necessary courtesy are free to post without one. Those who agree with me, will post NSFW. In the meantime, I will continue to view the board from wherever I chose.

Well you certainlly are in "the hole" here with the way you flamed me, the way you wrongfully assumed things and your attempted backpedaling to cover up for you being wrong.

Whoever said either of us "has the right to moderate this board?" ??? I don't know why you're (yeah "you're" thanks for catching my error :thumbs:) bringing the discussion in yet another direction.

Welcome to nully's "vast minority!"
Wrong assumption. I think it is common courtesy to use NSFW and would do so if I posted a pic or whatever, but I'm not to bothered if someone doesn't. I'll browse regardless from wherever.

---John Holmes...

Nope, you're in nully's perceived "vast minority" based on your statement:
but I'm not to bothered if someone doesn't.

and I completely agree with you on that which is why I responded to denverdig the way I did. Contrary to nully's belief, I'm fairly certain that a majority of members here feel the same way you and I do which is that we're not bothered if someone posts something (without some lame warning) that we don't like and for the umpteenth time, there's no board policy requiring the poster provide any such "warnings."

and I completely agree with you on that which is why I responded to denverdig the way I did. Contrary to nully's belief, I'm fairly certain that a majority of members here feel the same way you and I do which is that we're not bothered if someone posts something (without some lame warning) that we don't like and for the umpteenth time, there's no board policy requiring the poster provide any such "warnings."
I'm not bothered by it, but I do appreciate it in case I am at work so I can avoid it. Put me on whatever side of your fence you want. Take care...

Well you certainlly are in "the hole" here with the way you flamed me, the way you wrongfully assumed things and your attempted backpedaling to cover up for you being wrong.

Whoever said either of us "has the right to moderate this board?" ??? I don't know why you're (yeah "you're" thanks for catching my error :thumbs: ) bringing the discussion in yet another direction.

Ok Bill, I'll bite. What am I sidestepping? If you feel I flamed you, report the post, then celebrate when Rod bans or even admonishes me.

Oh, and you have the right to TRY to moderate, same as anyone does. That is what the majority of this thread is about.

Whoever said either of us "has the right to moderate this board?" ??? I don't know why you're (yeah "you're" thanks for catching my error :thumbs: ) bringing the discussion in yet another direction.

Ok Bill, I'll bite. What am I sidestepping? If you feel I flamed you, report the post, then celebrate when Rod bans or even admonishes me.

Oh, and you have the right to TRY to moderate, same as anyone does. That is what the majority of this thread is about.

I didn't say you were "sidestepping" anything.

You did engage in a personal attack and you yourself even admitted that you did. Your continued childish attitude instructing me to "celebrate" is just that, CHILDISH so once again, do yourself a favor and stop making yourself look so bad. There's no need to report your post, your arrogant, ignorant words speak for themselves and are there for all to see. Cause for "celebration" on my part would be for you to clean up your act but I don't think that will ever happen.

Once again, I don't know why you insist on going off on yet another tanget with your "moderating" angle, that has NOTHING to do with the discussion. I'm not trying to "moderate" anything here. I hope you're not arrogant enough to think you are either but then again........

I didn't say you were "sidestepping" anything.

You did engage in a personal attack and you yourself even admitted that you did. Your continued childish attitude instructing me to "celebrate" is just that, CHILDISH so once again, do yourself a favor and stop making yourself look so bad. There's no need to report your post, your arrogant, ignorant words speak for themselves and are there for all to see. Cause for "celebration" on my part would be for you to clean up your act but I don't think that will ever happen.

Once again, I don't know why you insist on going off on yet another tanget with your "moderating" angle, that has NOTHING to do with the discussion. I'm not trying to "moderate" anything here. I hope you're not arrogant enough to think you are either but then again........

I believe that the entire discussion between the 2 of you have nothing to do with the intended purpose of this thread.

Ok Bill, if you feel I was personal, I apologize again. There is no need for personal attacks. Is there anything further that requires recompense?

Settle down, get married and have a couple kids. After that you will understand where some of us are coming from.

Do you know for a fact I was never married or "had kids?" Are you and nully trying to tell me that I have no right to have an opinion on this since you assumed I haven't walked in your shoes so to speak?

I still don't understand where you're coming from in spite of the fact that your assumptions about my personal life are wrong.

You are right, I have no idea about your personal life. You have been somewhat aloof in that regard from what I have read. Your age says 20, but some of what you have said would make me think you are around 40ish perhaps. Not sure if I should call you kiddo or old fart. :)

But have you ever tried a chubby Alaskan woman? It may be just what the doctor ordered.

postcardnm7.jpg
americanindianinupiaqys3.jpg

Now ya see? These ladies are wearing clothing. No warning is needed. Unless of course you have something against fur coats.

As for surfing the internet at work, I am in a unique position. The less work I am having to do, the better things are. When I am working, the airline is losing money. They would rather pay me to surf the net rather than hunt down parts for a flight full of paying passengers. Rough job, but someone has to do it. :)

How is everyone enjoying the SuperBowl game?? It looks like it will be a close one!!

These ladies are wearing clothing. No warning is needed. Unless of course you have something against fur coats.
I'd appreciate a NSFP (not safe for PETA) warning if you're posting pics of fur! It's common courtesy.

---John Holmes...

How is everyone enjoying the SuperBowl game?? It looks like it will be a close one!!
I'm watching "Nature" on PBS. They have a great episode tonight about rhinoceroses. I had said in a post yesterday that I was excited about tonights "Forensic Files" marathon on CourtTV but they're reruns that I've seen many times before. :(

You are right, I have no idea about your personal life. You have been somewhat aloof in that regard from what I have read. Your age says 20, but some of what you have said would make me think you are around 40ish perhaps. Not sure if I should call you kiddo or old fart. :)

Actually, my profile no longer indicates anything regarding my age. Many people here know quite a bit about my personal life, I just don't care to post as much personal information as I used to or as much as others do now. Over the years, I've disclosed quite a bit of my personal information either by having it in my profile or posting it in threads. Those like you, (no offense ;) ) who are relative new here obviously aren't going to know as much about me as others who have been here for a while.

Let's take the subject of "work" for example. Some people don't work for a number of reasons, they have so much money they don't need to work, their significant other's income doesn't require them to work, they're disabled or they just plain don't need or want to work.

Unfortunately, there are people out there who will draw conclusions and pass judgement on those people who do not work full time or have "careers" :rolleyes: due to ignorance, jealousy and/or just plain stupidity and quite frankly, I don't need the bullshit so I don't lay things out there for people to use as cannon fodder when they're looking for trouble.

I saw something somewhere once that said "Americans live to work while Eurpoeans work to live" which I thought was an interesting generalization, not that there's anything wrong with either one BUT if you have one philosophy and criticize the other just because it's DIFFERENT from yours, then I have no tolerance or patience for that crap. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.