• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recent treasury department letter

I asked before in the other thread and I'll ask again here....Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it true that vendors..."any" type of vendor in another country,can basically tell our Treasury department to "take a hike" with regards to selling products to US citizens? I mean how could the US treasury enforce out of country vendors to supply any type of sales information whatsoever? Laws of the US Treasury do not apply to businesses outside the USA. This whole thing sounds like fishing with dynamite to get results.

Oh come on Kurt. You got flamed at CA for being a jerk not for the warning. The same thing could happen here.

NA

Yeah right, flamed by a few, but congratulated by the masses, just like here, why is someone a jerk who is just passing along info to help others

it does amaze me how you process things, seek help simple mind

Kurt

I asked before in the other thread and I'll ask again here....Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it true that vendors..."any" type of vendor in another country,can basically tell our Treasury department to "take a hike" with regards to selling products to US citizens? I mean how could the US treasury enforce out of country vendors to supply any type of sales information whatsoever? Laws of the US Treasury do not apply to businesses outside the USA. This whole thing sounds like fishing with dynamite to get results.

I don't think you are far off base, my letter just states the dates i supposedly made purchases, then wants me to tell them what and how much i bought with documentation,i think they have just gotten visa to hand over reciepts that go to certain vendors, from there they fish for the sheep to give them the real info

not me, i prefered the" warn everyone else route"

good luck

Kurt

Oh come on Kurt. You got flamed at CA for being a jerk not for the warning. The same thing could happen here.

NA

Yeah right, flamed by a few, but congratulated by the masses, just like here, why is someone a jerk who is just passing along info to help others

Kurt

I don't think you are far off base, my letter just states the dates i supposedly made purchases, then wants me to tell them what and how much i bought with documentation,i think they have just gotten visa to hand over reciepts that go to certain vendors, from there they fish for the sheep to give them the real info

good luck

Kurt

and your response to the letter was........?

Ignored, I expect, as per usual with similar letters people have received in the past.

i glued it to my wall, along with my 47 unpaid parking tickets, 6 siezure of illegal contraband letters dating back 10 years, and a picture of me hiding in the grassy knoll

hahahahha

i threw it in the desk, maybe this will go someplace, maybe not, but like the gun lobbyists, they can have my Monte 2 when they pry it from my cold dead hands

:)

thanks for all the support, and i hope i have shared some useful info with some of you, funny how the others who have gotten these were dated the same week,

those boys have been busy,
regards to all

Kurt

NA

Kurt

good luck

Kurt

The thing I find suspicious here is that they would probably need a subpeona to get Visa to hand over user information, moreover, they would need the vendor to tell them which card you used so they would know to ask Visa. Sounds like an awful lot of work for the MIB to be doing and not follow up anymore than a letter that people can willy-nilly disregard, no?

Any law type want to comment on that?

Hi all

this will be my last post on the controvery i seem to have propagated, my apologies if i somehow deviated from proper form.

type A personality doesnt always come off as intended

again, my intent was to help, disregarding the exposure and wrath i could incure from big brother.

please accept my apologies, let's mnove on if possible, documentation has been supplied, happy to keep you all informed on any new developments

again, i am happy to show proof of the correspondence i recieved, and answer any questions anyone would like

warm regards''

Kurt

Hi all

this will be my last post on the controvery i seem to have propagated, my apologies if i somehow deviated from proper form.

type A personality doesnt always come off as intended

again, my intent was to help, disregarding the exposure and wrath i could incure from big brother.

please accept my apologies, let's mnove on if possible, documentation has been supplied, happy to keep you all informed on any new developments

again, i am happy to show proof of the correspondence i recieved, and answer any questions anyone would like

warm regards''

Kurt

This is a better start Kurt. Welcome to CP from one of the newbies!

Cheers,
antaean

NA

Kurt
I doubt very seriously you know more about cigars than me,i have enjoyed the best of the best for over 10 years, just because i don't know what some obscure abbreviation is doesnt make me the village idiot.
kurt didn't know what an LCDH was

I have made a modest fortune on my own, no help from anyone,again, my intentions were to warn others about a new attack on us who do partake in the finer things in life,

please, go back to your double wide, Jerry Springer is on i think, i wouldnt want you to miss your favorite show.

an obscure fact, America imprisons more people per capita than Nazi Germany did at there pinacle of power

this is my last response to anything you have to say, you offer nothing.
kurt was impressing everyone with all his money and bashing the country that provided the opportunity for him
You were being a jerk kurt. I do process things some different from other folks and a simple mind is a badge of honor to me. Super, stellar intellects like yours always impress the hell out of me. I have a couple questions though.
Why would you post this here where nobody knows you?
Do you have a track record on some other board that I'm not aware of?

So kurt, talk common to me again and I'll try to get all simple for you.

NA

well, i think that is a common problem with emails, it's hard to get the true meaning across in typed words, as apposed to voice reflections

also, i was being questioned as to my knowledge and experience with cubans, after reading it again, i can see where it came across rather cocky instead of factual

as to my posting, i thought it made sense to post it to a large site where more people could get the info?

anyway, i think we have worn out the subject,ignore or process the information as you feel inclined, i was just trying to help other cigar lovers

Kurt

( they laughed at Columbus to)

well, i think that is a common problem with emails, it's hard to get the true meaning across in typed words, as apposed to voice reflections

also, i was being questioned as to my knowledge and experience with cubans, after reading it again, i can see where it came across rather cocky instead of factual

as to my posting, i thought it made sense to post it to a large site where more people could get the info?

anyway, i think we have worn out the subject,ignore or process the information as you feel inclined, i was just trying to help other cigar lovers

Kurt

( they laughed at Columbus to)

They laughed at Einstein too! Don't forget they laughed at Einstein! Quickly, before you miss the chance to equate yourself to people who did humanity changing things!!

Folks,

This appears to be quite serious.

This is not the only letter of its kind to go out. It seems as though at least 4 others have been recieved as well. It appears that DHS is scrutinizing one particular vendor. Lets just say that rumour has it that DHS is quite within its bounds to investigate this vendor and all of their transactions.

Under new surveilance laws, it is completely reasonable to assume that certain peoples email are being monitored. It would be prudent to avoid contact with "Kurt" as a consequence.

BTW this is NOT the regular confiscation letter. This letter appears to be tied to an ongoing and quite serious investigation into particular US citizens violating the TWTEA and this investigation may in fact snag up a bunch of relatively unimportant participants as well. If someone recieves this letter, it seems to be prudent to seek legal advice.

And no, I am not paranoid. This is as real and as serious as a heart attack.

All of this info can be found by reading various forums.

This seems very plain and simple to me. Kurt, you have poor grammar, punctuation and presentation skills. A few people on another board flamed you because that was the first they had heard of the letter, and you are partly at fault for just showing up brand new and thinking you could post something like that when nobody knows you. But then instead of taking the high road, you fought back and doomed yourself as a credible witness. And since the online cigar community is so small it did not take long until most folks knew about you and your "letter", and didn't know what to think. Luckily for your credibility a few other established BOTL's rec'd the same letter, so we know it's real.

Now 'warning' on the other hand, despite being new, has presented himself in a very professional and straitforward manner. His warning will carry with it alot more weight as a result, and should certainly be heeded by all of us.

Doesn't seem like a whole lot more here folks, unless someone here that we know and trust has a copy of the letter, and can arrange for a few more of us to view it.

Carry on...

Gonz

Yes, i can clearly see, poor grammar, punctuation and presentation skills are very important for a new member to use to pass along very important information to others

i will take some night courses at the local Jr. college to help me please you in my posts

you absolutely have posted the dumbest reply i have ever seen in my entire life,how could any of that be important to complain about, or even care about

now i know i should just ignore such ignorance, but this is so beyond anything i can imagine anyone writing, i can't help myself

what i did takes ball's, courage, and a self sacrificing willingness to help others, that far outweigh's anything you could comprehend.

don't bother seeking help, there is none for you

what a complete absolute nerd,at least you can be proud at excelling at something

Kurt

Gonz

Yes, i can clearly see, poor grammar, punctuation and presentation skills are very important for a new member to use to pass along very important information to others

i will take some night courses at the local Jr. college to help me please you in my posts

you absolutely have posted the dumbest reply i have ever seen in my entire life,how could any of that be important to complain about, or even care about

now i know i should just ignore such ignorance, but this is so beyond anything i can imagine anyone writing, i can't help myself

what i did takes ball's, courage, and a self sacrificing willingness to help others, that far outweigh's anything you could comprehend.

don't bother seeking help, there is none for you

what a complete absolute nerd,at least you can be proud at excelling at something

Kurt

prosperity

Here Kurt, I think you can understand this:

u r dum

p.s. I'm pretty sure you're done here as well, so thanks for risking life and limb, you can move along now.

Gonz

really, enough

i read your profile

" I'm a stay at home dad with my 2 year old."

as in unemployed,loser,can't hold a job,wife runs the household, controls the money, while you scrub the toilet's

you sound like a real man's man, better stick with insulting strangers on the internet, safe haven for you

and i am outa here, it's a shame, the cigar forums were so much fun many years back

i'll go back to where the men congregate, you kids can play insult the newbie all alone

regards to the good guy's left on the forum, not sure how you stand this new generation of geek.

Kurt

(feel free to delete my acct any moderators out there)

Silly rabbit, you reap what you sew. Cuban cigars are illegal in the USA. All we do on this board is dream and fantasize about Cuban cigars. No one here has actually ever smoked a real cuban cigar because we all respect the law that JFK inacted. People just like to play make believe like you did in kindergarten with you imaginary friend Biff.

"Kurt" said:
"The vendor has been great to work with, i wouldn't hesitate to order more more and more."

Sorry, I think this sentiment demonstrates a lack of good judgement on "Kurt's" part. However, it is not my life that is effected by somone else's inability to learn from a lesson.

Again, I would encourage people to not get remotely invovled with this character. The government is not fooling around. I, myself, like to distance myself from such entanglements as much as possible. It isn't worth the hassle. Information on another forum regarding this situation is that the vendor in question is in part owned or involves a US citizen. This has lead to a very serious and extensive investigation by DHS.

As for "Kurt", despite an inital appearence that he knew ONE long term poster, it actually appears that no one knows who this guy is or where he came from. He just seems to be making the rounds at various boards stirring up this trouble.

I find it very bizarre that someone that has his address posted publically and is facing some serious legal trouble, brags about how much illegal contraband he has or is buying.

Proceed at your own risk.

As for "Kurt", despite an inital appearence that he knew ONE long term poster, it actually appears that no one knows who this guy is or where he came from. He just seems to be making the rounds at various boards stirring up this trouble.

I find it very bizarre that someone that has his address posted publically and is facing some serious legal trouble, brags about how much illegal contraband he has or is buying.

Proceed at your own risk.

How bout an introduction. Cp introduce yourself here :)

Maybe an explanation why you call yourself warning. :rolleyes:

Why are you only posting in this thread? :whistling: