• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recent treasury department letter

As for "Kurt", despite an inital appearence that he knew ONE long term poster, it actually appears that no one knows who this guy is or where he came from. He just seems to be making the rounds at various boards stirring up this trouble.

I find it very bizarre that someone that has his address posted publically and is facing some serious legal trouble, brags about how much illegal contraband he has or is buying.

Proceed at your own risk.

How bout an introduction. Cp introduce yourself here :)

Maybe an explanation why you call yourself warning. :rolleyes:

Why are you only posting in this thread? :whistling:

x2!!!

David

Gonz

really, enough

i read your profile

" I'm a stay at home dad with my 2 year old."

as in unemployed,loser,can't hold a job,wife runs the household, controls the money, while you scrub the toilet's

you sound like a real man's man, better stick with insulting strangers on the internet, safe haven for you

and i am outa here, it's a shame, the cigar forums were so much fun many years back

i'll go back to where the men congregate, you kids can play insult the newbie all alone

regards to the good guy's left on the forum, not sure how you stand this new generation of geek.

Kurt

(feel free to delete my acct any moderators out there)

prosperity #2

IM skurred...

everyone else should be.

thank the lord i only smoke anejo's!

Gonz

really, enough

i read your profile

as in unemployed,loser,can't hold a job,wife runs the household, controls the money, while you scrub the toilet's

you sound like a real man's man, better stick with insulting strangers on the internet, safe haven for you

and i am outa here, it's a shame, the cigar forums were so much fun many years back

i'll go back to where the men congregate, you kids can play insult the newbie all alone

regards to the good guy's left on the forum, not sure how you stand this new generation of geek.

Kurt

(feel free to delete my acct any moderators out there)

I hate you Kurt. You owe me a new keyboard and a new soda. Bastard.

By the way, are you a level 1 trauma sturgeon? Because, only people with jobs like that can take down other people a notch or two.

I wish that this forum thread was more useful than it is. Thus far, we have:

1. a newbie offerring to help the world without regard to himself
2. suspicion/concern about the newbies motives
3. evidence of the newbie doing the same thing on other boards
4. arrogance/bad manners/rejection of board etiquette by newbie
5. flame war on yet another cigar board

I have seen this person's letter, as I ignored "warning"s warnings. It looks authentic enough, although I am in no real position to judge that. I have a couple of guesses:

1. This is a federal investigation which has "snared" Mr. Kurt Holz, not accidentally, but partly as a result of multiple earlier confiscations of contraband. I think at least 4 times?

Kurt: I feel badly for you.

2. The subject of the letter, Mr. Kurt Holz, has become unhinged due to his anxiety over being the subject of a federal investigation.

Kurt: seek professional help.

3. Mr Kurt Holz is looking for people to hold his hand, tell him he is a brave and courageous libertarian looking out for all of us, and generally make him feel better about himself.

Kurt: have mommy kiss it and make it better.

Somehow the words a$$hat and troll come to mind.

I think at least one of the lessons here is to remind everyone that the Trading With The Enemy Act is real and has negative consequences for those who violate its provisions. I don't know if they let you smoke cigars in prison or not.

Everyone, please avoid this sort of trouble!!! I need you all (especially the FOGs)here at CP to help me avoid wasting my precious time and money on dog rockets.

If anyone wants to see this letter of Mr. Kurt Holz, let me know. I do not know if there is a board policy about this sort of thing (i.e. "sources"), so feel free to chastise me here openly if necessary. I am unafraid to learn new things. The letter could also be obtained via a Freedom Of Information Act request, it is not a secret communique.

Cheers,
antaean
p.s. It's Sunday morning, now its time to go listen to someone else preach LOL. ;)

1. This is a federal investigation which has "snared" Mr. Kurt Holz, not accidentally, but partly as a result of multiple earlier confiscations of contraband. I think at least 4 times?

I'm curious as to why you think he has been caught at least 4 times? Was this pointed out in the letter?

Edit: Cleaned up quote.

I'm curious as to why you think he has been caught at least 4 times? Was this pointed out in the letter?

Edit: Cleaned up quote.

See post #25 where kurt said this:
i glued it to my wall, along with my 47 unpaid parking tickets, 6 siezure (sic) of illegal contraband

It would help if this loser "Kurt" could spell and write properly which seems to be beyond his capabilities. :rolleyes:

My suggestion is to not waste any additional bandwidth on this clown.

i glued it to my wall, along with my 47 unpaid parking tickets, 6 siezure of illegal contraband letters

Wow, that's something to be proud of, Kurt! I can see why you would want to glue all of these accomplishments to your wall. Makes a lot of sense! :whistling:

Let me see...

Letter of Confiscation #1: SHAME ON YOU, Castro's a BAD, BAD man - get the message? ;)

Letter of Confiscation #2... You really ougtha re-think where you're buying things from - maybe you missed the first letter, those kinds of things happen, but REALLY - SHAME ON YOU... :0

Letter of Confiscation #3... C'mon - REALLY - The first two letters were meant to send a message - please do not dispose of them like the Publisher's Clearing House Ed McMahon letter... This is serious... Mmmm-kaaayyyyyy? SHAME ON YOU... :angry:

Letter of Confiscation #4... Let me get this straight - we've sent three other letters to you and you didn't get the message. We've tried REALLY hard to communicate a message to you. The first three letters, from all indications, were used to take out the old coffee grounds (those weren't Cuban coffee beans by chance, were they?) ???

Letter of Confiscation #5... Oh, crap. This guy again??? WTF!!!! :rolleyes:

Letter of Confiscation #6... Jeezuz - I think you're gluing the 6 seizure letters of illegal contraband to your wall, along with your 47 unpaid parking tickets. :sign:

Hello, Office of Foreign Asset Control? This is the Custom's department... We've seized a crapload of shipments of Cuban cigars being sent from overseas to Kurt. We've sent quite a few letters to him and he just doesn't seem to be getting the message. Yeah - I know, you got a lot of better things to do, like chasing the money from Al Qaeda around, but could you take a sec to look at this guys history (along with a buncha other guys who also similarly don't seem to be getting the message)....

Kinda reminds me of a lawyer in the Chicago area that bought a prison sentence for trafficking in Cuban cigars when he made it VERY CLEAR he had no intentions of complying with Federal Law. The Feds are kinda funny that way...

Edited to clear up some spelling and grammatical errors, so that I don't have the evil CC stalking me...

BTW - this is a great "newer person" lesson. I hope you're paying attention...

The Feds are very serious about the purchase of Cuban cigars. They will impose civil and criminal sanctions on those that are obviously violating the "Trading with the Enemies Act". Cuba is very much on the list of those countries the Feds don't want US citizens buying from. Like the embargo or not - treasure those rare moments with a Cuban cigar or not - you risk being Federally prosecuted if you deal in those goods...

You have some choices - you can openly defy the restrictions, but you are walking on a thin line (as demonstrated by the letter Mr. Holtz has received).

Or, you can choose to be wary of purchasing these products and save yourself the grief and aggravation.

Openly discussing sources, purchases, trades, etc. is a bad thing. It could get YOU into trouble, and place this board at risk of being shut down because this board may appear to the Feds to be facilitating these kinds of trades. I really like this board, and I would not be happy if it no longer existed because of the greedy needs of a few naive people.

This is a community of individuals, not individuals here to buy from the community. If you come to visit - or you plan a long term stay - please be respectful of this house that Rod built... ;)

Good point George just made above! Newbies think about it before you just go throwing around ISO's and vendor names like it's nothing.

Now I'm going back to scrub toilets, because obviosly I'm not qualified for a job otherwise I'd have one, right Kurt?

Let me see...

Letter of Confiscation #1: SHAME ON YOU, Castro's a BAD, BAD man - get the message? ;)

Letter of Confiscation #2... You really ougtha re-think where you're buying things from - maybe you missed the first letter, those kinds of things happen, but REALLY - SHAME ON YOU... :0

Letter of Confiscation #3... C'mon - REALLY - The first two letters were meant to send a message - please do not dispose of them like the Publisher's Clearing House Ed McMahon letter... This is serious... Mmmm-kaaayyyyyy? SHAME ON YOU... :angry:

Letter of Confiscation #4... Let me get this straight - we've sent three other letters to you and you didn't get the message. We've tried REALLY hard to communicate a message to you. The first three letters, from all indications, were used to take out the old coffee grounds (those weren't Cuban coffee beans by chance, were they?) ???

Letter of Confiscation #5... Oh, crap. This guy again??? WTF!!!! :rolleyes:

Letter of Confiscation #6... Jeezuz - I think you're gluing the 6 seizure letters of illegal contraband to your wall, along with your 47 unpaid parking tickets. :sign:

Hello, Office of Foreign Asset Control? This is the Custom's department... We've seized a crapload of shipments of Cuban cigars being sent from overseas to Kurt. We've sent quite a few letters to him and he just doesn't seem to be getting the message. Yeah - I know, you got a lot of better things to do, like chasing the money from Al Qaeda around, but could you take a sec to look at this guys history (along with a buncha other guys who also similarly don't seem to be getting the message)....

Kinda reminds me of a lawyer in the Chicago area that bought a prison sentence for trafficking in Cuban cigars when he made it VERY CLEAR he had no intentions of complying with Federal Law. The Feds are kinda funny that way...

Now that's what I've been waiting for...a very clear and concise explination of how to get one of these Homeland Security Letters.

Thanks George!

Now I'm going back to scrub toilets, because obviosly I'm not qualified for a job otherwise I'd have one, right Kurt?

Andy - you missed a spot in the toilet, along with not getting the kitchen floor mopped up. That "bread-winning" wife of yours is gonna be REALLY pissed if she sees it. Get your a$$ back to work and get it cleaned up, Mr... That's the only damn thing you're good for... :whistling:

On a much more pleasant note - I know momma likes to shower you with gifts of cigars when you do the good Mr. Mom kind of things... So keep up the good work! :thumbs:

Nice pick up ggiese. The rationale behind your statement is keen. If you keep throwing yourself on to their radar they will eventually get to you.

Hey I got this letter from the gov't anyone want to see it send me your email....Just Kidding, as a newbie if I ever act like that you all have my permission to kick my ass. Thanks for the entertainment kurt..

Mr. Holz reports on another forum that he is interested in Japenese swords.

edit: If you're not a member of hcf, then here's the post

"I was a member of a very active cigar forum many years ago, however other interests, ( audio,Japanese swords,Asian pottery) has lead me to other forums, any of us who have been active in obtaining Cuban contraband have had a few confiscated, followed by there generic warnings,

however, since i havent had any confiscations in over 10 years, and since the Treasury department has most obviously started on a new mission, going as far as looking up credit crad transactions dating back over a year, and the strong tone of the letter, my intent was to offer a warning to other cigar lovers as to possibly a stepped up offensive by uncle sam

that was my first concern, notify all of you of a new chapter in the governmants actions against the few of us who won't settle for less than the best, ( my opinion)

nothing more, nothing less, please feel inclined to take the information and use it or not as you deem fit

i am just not a sheep, i won't be intimidated into supplying information in strict defiance of my 5th amendment rights, i felt it was a strong enough attack that other cigar smokers might like being notified before they decide to order something overseas

again, i am happy to send a copy to all those interested, and any attorneys versed in this kind of law, who have an opinion they would share with us all, and would care to voice an opinion would be much appreciated''

regards to all

Kurt"

A search using his name as keys words reveals this.

Now, our friend here is obviously dealing in some high end merchandise that can only be had via non-traditional shopping methods; you can't just pop out to the super market and grab an antique samari sword. It is not unheard of to sometimes "bend" rules when amassing such an impressive (international) inventory as that on the referenced web site. Not that Mr. Holz would ever operate outside of any legal guidelines, but he may have rubbed elbows with some who might.

At any rate, in our present international climate, above-board international trade might easily attract attention and scrutiny. If during the course of such scrutiny any below-board activity were detected, then Mr. Holz would be fucked.

Now, here's why it's a good idea to be careful from this point forward: I work with the feds in a completely un-related way. And, I know for a fact that when someone gets in trouble with the feds, the more "friends" with similar involvement said person can serve up to the federal judges, prosecutors, investigating teams, etc., the better they like it. Before charges its called confidential informing. After charges its called plea bargaining. And, as extra incentive for getting said person to drop as many dimes as possible, federal officials agree to play a little nicer during the sentencing phase of any legal proceedings.

Right now, Mr. Holz is not only a rude asshole, he is potentially a dangerous one to any who might have made cuban cigar purchases.

Gonz

really, enough

i read your profile

as in ...

My ultimate dream job! Man, what could be better?!?!?

...I think at least one of the lessons here is to remind everyone that the Trading With The Enemy Act is real and has negative consequences for those who violate its provisions. I don't know if they let you smoke cigars in prison or not...

You can smoke all the Cubans you want in Guantanamo.
:sign:

Mr. Holz reports on another forum that he is interested in Japenese swords.

edit: If you're not a member of hcf, then here's the post

"I was a member of a very active cigar forum many years ago, however other interests, ( audio,Japanese swords,Asian pottery) has lead me to other forums, any of us who have been active in obtaining Cuban contraband have had a few confiscated, followed by there generic warnings,

however, since i havent had any confiscations in over 10 years, and since the Treasury department has most obviously started on a new mission, going as far as looking up credit crad transactions dating back over a year, and the strong tone of the letter, my intent was to offer a warning to other cigar lovers as to possibly a stepped up offensive by uncle sam

that was my first concern, notify all of you of a new chapter in the governmants actions against the few of us who won't settle for less than the best, ( my opinion)

nothing more, nothing less, please feel inclined to take the information and use it or not as you deem fit

i am just not a sheep, i won't be intimidated into supplying information in strict defiance of my 5th amendment rights, i felt it was a strong enough attack that other cigar smokers might like being notified before they decide to order something overseas

again, i am happy to send a copy to all those interested, and any attorneys versed in this kind of law, who have an opinion they would share with us all, and would care to voice an opinion would be much appreciated''

regards to all

Kurt"

A search using his name as keys words reveals this.

Now, our friend here is obviously dealing in some high end merchandise that can only be had via non-traditional shopping methods; you can't just pop out to the super market and grab an antique samari sword. It is not unheard of to sometimes "bend" rules when amassing such an impressive (international) inventory as that on the referenced web site. Not that Mr. Holz would ever operate outside of any legal guidelines, but he may have rubbed elbows with some who might.

At any rate, in our present international climate, above-board international trade might easily attract attention and scrutiny. If during the course of such scrutiny any below-board activity were detected, then Mr. Holz would be fucked.

Now, here's why it's a good idea to be careful from this point forward: I work with the feds in a completely un-related way. And, I know for a fact that when someone gets in trouble with the feds, the more "friends" with similar involvement said person can serve up to the federal judges, prosecutors, investigating teams, etc., the better they like it. Before charges its called confidential informing. After charges its called plea bargaining. And, as extra incentive for getting said person to drop as many dimes as possible, federal officials agree to play a little nicer during the sentencing phase of any legal proceedings.

Right now, Mr. Holz is not only a rude asshole, he is potentially a dangerous one to any who might have made cuban cigar purchases.

:thumbs: