• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel Factory trip is ON!

One week to go and I'm flippin' out of my chair, ready to go smoke as much as I can tolerate.

I do have a question though. Should we bring anything special to transport materials back home? I have a 15 count Otter box, but based on some of the pictures I've seen, that may not be big enough.

See y'all in TGU.

I would suggest a humidor bag, rather than a caddy. Just gets too bulky. Also, you can fit a bunch more in the humi bag.

Are there still two slots available?

I have a client that might enjoy this trip

As soon as everyone clears customs in Tegucigalpa, walk up the escalators and let's all meet up in the cigar bar at the airport. Rocky's cousin will meet us there. Thanks.

We're finally back! What an amazing trip we had! Thanks to all of you who attended for sharing this great time with me. It was definitely the BEST trip I've ever taken and I'm now looking forward to the next one. Chris M, Chris V (who's still there), Carrie, Chris A, Matt, Squeeze, Bill, Steve, Dennis, Robert, and my locals....THANK YOU ALL for a memorable trip! Can't wait to do this again. Next stop....ESTELI! I will definitely get the pics up (some that I can't possibly post) as soon as possible. Will be getting back to all the PMs today, but I literally got in an hr ago, so it will take a bit of time. And to all my CP brothers who didn't go, it's nice to be back with all of you!

edited to add: Eric....how could I forget you? Sorry bro!

Welcome Back Israel. Glad to hear the trip was a success and look forward to the details.

Welcome back!

I'm also looking forward to the details. I really wanted to go on this trip but couldn't make the timing work. If you have another I definitely would like to go if possible.

Danny

Sounds like a great time. I'm glad you all enjoyed it. Do post details if you plan another (any factory) in the future.

I will hopefully be planning more trips to other regions. I think I've found my calling. While it was our host, Nimish Patel, and the people who came with us that made this such a great trip, I'd really like to organize trips to places in Nicaragua as well. I will be shooting some ideas around in my head and as soon as I can come up with something, I'll let you all know. FYI, Bill Miller (Knuck42) got hurt and is in the hosptial in Tegucigalpa. He tore his quads and his ligaments and will be needing surgery. I just got off the phone with him and his spirits aren't very good. If anyone here is friends with him, even some of you who know him from CF, feel free to give him a call. he could really use the lift. 011 504 280 1474

I will hopefully be planning more trips to other regions. I think I've found my calling. While it was our host, Nimish Patel, and the people who came with us that made this such a great trip, I'd really like to organize trips to places in Nicaragua as well. I will be shooting some ideas around in my head and as soon as I can come up with something, I'll let you all know. FYI, Bill Miller (Knuck42) got hurt and is in the hosptial in Tegucigalpa. He tore his quads and his ligaments and will be needing surgery. I just got off the phone with him and his spirits aren't very good. If anyone here is friends with him, even some of you who know him from CF, feel free to give him a call. he could really use the lift. 011 504 280 1474
Damn, how did he manage to do that? I don't really know him, but tell him I wish him the best. I hate to see something like that happen to someone, especially while enjoying such a wonderful trip.

Damn, how did he manage to do that? I don't really know him, but tell him I wish him the best. I hate to see something like that happen to someone, especially while enjoying such a wonderful trip.

Let's just say Honduras isn't known for their "public safety mentality".

Basically, there was a ceramic tile sidewalk with fine dust on it. This meant the coefficient of friction is about zero. When Bill got on the ramped part of it, his ability to gain traction was nil and his feet went forward, he went backward, and the knees bent a way they are not supposed to.

It was not pleasant, to say the least. Some locals had said (through a translator) that almost everyone falls on the ramp for the lack of traction.

Israel, if you talk to Bill, please tell him Carrie and I wish him the best.

Basically, there was a ceramic tile sidewalk with fine dust on it. This meant the coefficient of friction is about zero. When Bill got on the ramped part of it, his ability to gain traction was nil and his feet went forward, he went backward, and the knees bent a way they are not supposed to.

It was not pleasant, to say the least. Some locals had said (through a translator) that almost everyone falls on the ramp for the lack of traction.

I am in constant contact with him Chris. I will surely tell him. By the way, after you guys left, we had a party for Maritza's 30th at the house, and then went to a massive club in Danli with Nimish, Maritza, Gustavo, Oscar, Chris and myself. I will post those pics for you to see as well. It was great hanging with you and Carrie. We'll have to do this again!

Thanks Isy!

I must say, the Patel’s are great hosts. It was a fantastic trip.
You left Mariposa there? They will never let us go back now. :laugh:
Did anyone find out how to order our custom blended cigars?

By the way, I am feeling a “cold” coming on. I hope I didn’t pick it up in Houston, and I’m the only one in the group. :whistling:

Thanks Isy!

I must say, the Patel’s are great hosts. It was a fantastic trip.
You left Mariposa there? They will never let us go back now. :laugh:
Did anyone find out how to order our custom blended cigars?

By the way, I am feeling a “cold” coming on. I hope I didn’t pick it up in Houston, and I’m the only one in the group. :whistling:

A cold? Get it checked. I haven't heard anything from anyone else. But do it just in case. Mariposa (verhoevc) is still down there. He went to Esteli with Nimish for a day to check out the other factory, where the seasonal blends are made. I've been texting him and it seems like he's having a blast. They are definitely great hosts and I'm glad you had a good time. You'll be able to order your custom blends in about a week or 2. I will contact each of you individually and take your orders, once I know what the prices and box counts will be. Pictures will follow sometime tomorrow. Stay tuned.....You won't want to miss some of them. :whistling:

OMG...I got nauseous just reading what happened to Bill, I don't know him either but I hope this all works out OK. Isy, are they waiting to stabilize his injury before transporting him home for the surgery?

Glad to hear the rest of you had a great time. I'll be on the next one Isy!

Keep us posted on Bill's progress.

Welcome home!

OMG...I got nauseous just reading what happened to Bill, I don't know him either but I hope this all works out OK. Isy, are they waiting to stabilize his injury before transporting him home for the surgery?

Glad to hear the rest of you had a great time. I'll be on the next one Isy!

Keep us posted on Bill's progress.

Welcome home!

Gary...I posted another thread on Bill's condition so that everyone can leave some words of encouragement for him. He can really use the pick me up.

The trip sounds amazing...I remember reading this back in March and was jealous then, since we were in the middle of playoff season, I could not plan more than a weekend out. I am more jealous now. Sounds like it was amazing. Can not wait for pics to follow.

Carrie and I both got sick (in different ways) on Sunday. I had a 1-day flu, intending to go to the doc on Monday, but it had passed by then. Right now, we are just fighting off a light case of Montezuma's revenge.

I know Oscar wasn't feeling well on the bus trip to TGU... maybe he is the root cause? Hopefully he is better now too.