• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel Factory trip is ON!

By the way, I am feeling a “cold” coming on. I hope I didn’t pick it up in Houston, and I’m the only one in the group. :whistling:

Carrie and I both got sick (in different ways) on Sunday. I had a 1-day flu, intending to go to the doc on Monday, but it had passed by then. Right now, we are just fighting off a light case of Montezuma's revenge.

I know Oscar wasn't feeling well on the bus trip to TGU... maybe he is the root cause? Hopefully he is better now too.

I had a bit of traveler's illness set in on Sunday as well. I took Monday off work to recover and catch up on sleep. I'm almost back to 100% now.

By the way, I am feeling a “cold” coming on. I hope I didn’t pick it up in Houston, and I’m the only one in the group. :whistling:

Carrie and I both got sick (in different ways) on Sunday. I had a 1-day flu, intending to go to the doc on Monday, but it had passed by then. Right now, we are just fighting off a light case of Montezuma's revenge.

I know Oscar wasn't feeling well on the bus trip to TGU... maybe he is the root cause? Hopefully he is better now too.

I haven't seen anything with my locals, Chris. Glad to hear that you and Carrie are getting passed it. Only thing I felt was being hungover with no voice. I'm back to work at the store, but my voice isn't all there yet. I'm still in recoup stage, since I only got back here yesterday afternoon.

So, I'm back, both from my ban and from central America. Oscar is fine, at least I think smiling while going over 90 mph on the way to the airport says so. His truck really hauls, I got to drive it. Esteli, dare I say may be even more fun? But then again the hosts are what make it. In my extra days I truly made some great friends! And add these new ones on top of the ones from the trip and I feel more popular than ever lol.
Sitting in Houston having a beer pre flight.
Signing out,
La mariposa de amore.
Edit: nimish Desai.

So, I'm back, both from my ban and from central America. Oscar is fine, at least I think smiling while going over 90 mph on the way to the airport says so. His truck really hauls, I got to drive it. Esteli, dare I say may be even more fun? But then again the hosts are what make it. In my extra days I truly made some great friends! And add these new ones on top of the ones from the trip and I feel more popular than ever lol.
Sitting in Houston having a beer pre flight.
Signing out,
La mariposa de amore.
Edit: nimish Desai.

Nice to see you back Mariposa!!! Hope you had a blast in Esteli! Definitely call me and let me know what kind of trouble you got into over there!

No trouble, but more cigars than I've ever had! The boys had some tasting work to do, so I had to have all those, plus we visited some people I couldn't have been happier to meet... So I had to smoke with them and try their stuff, and then off course a couple relaxing at the house of a friend I had to have some... So no trouble besides throat trouble lol!
Chris

I have been feeling a little under the weather, but I think it is just allergies. Thanks Isy for coordinating this trip. It was awesome. I hope Bill is able to return soon.

PS. Chris: Glad to hear you had a good time during your extended stay

I had an idea... since we were all talking about sharing our photos via CDs, that's gunna be a lot of burning and shipping. Why don't we just setup a photobucket account that all trip members have the password to, everything makes a folder for themself and uploads all their stuff? That way we can all share our stuff without as much hassle, and since only we have access to it (setup via PM) we can post, share, comment, whatever to our hearts' content?
Thoughts,
Chris

I had an idea... since we were all talking about sharing our photos via CDs, that's gunna be a lot of burning and shipping. Why don't we just setup a photobucket account that all trip members have the password to, everything makes a folder for themself and uploads all their stuff? That way we can all share our stuff without as much hassle, and since only we have access to it (setup via PM) we can post, share, comment, whatever to our hearts' content?
Thoughts,
Chris

I think that is a great idea. :thumbs:

Thoughts,
Chris
Great idea!

Thoughts,
Chris

That's a horrible idea, why would you even consider suggesting something so stupid? :D Nah, I'm just kidding. Great idea Chris. Can you set up the account and send out the login info to everyone?

Thoughts,
Chris

That's a horrible idea, why would you even consider suggesting something so stupid? :D Nah, I'm just kidding. Great idea Chris. Can you set up the account and send out the login info to everyone?

Agreed. By the way, if anyone wants to share compromising photos of me, I don't mind..... :whistling:

Thoughts,
Chris

Agreed. By the way, if anyone wants to share compromising photos of me, I don't mind..... :whistling:
:laugh: I'm sure there is quite a few of them

I'll set up the account and send the info to issy since i'm not 100% sure on all the contacts for all the people.
Chris

The account has been set up and Issy has already put up his pictures, I'm about to do mine. PM him or me for the login information so you can put your's up.
Chris

I have deleted some pics that I felt were inappropriate, so if any of you see any that you believe are also inappropriate, feel free to take them down.

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Any pics posted somewhere for the rest of us to see? Isy, you ought to set up a subsidiary company for cigar trips. :thumbs:

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Any pics posted somewhere for the rest of us to see? Isy, you ought to set up a subsidiary company for cigar trips. :thumbs:

I was thinking about it, but decided against it for 2 reasons: 1) too much responsibility 2) these trips to the factories are by invitation only from the manufacturers (except Fuente for their annual thing in which anyone can go). There aren't too many factories that would allow me to set up and charge people for a trip to visit several factories. Example, if I planned a trip to Esteli to visit all the factories there, why would any one of them want to be a part of that? If Padron were to invite me, it would be a Padron trip. Same with Drew, Perdomo, or anyone else. None of them would be happy to know that while we're in their factory one day, we will go to someone else's another day. Also, a big reason that this trip was such a success is our host...Rocky, and in our case, Nimish. PM coming Doc.

I've also just found out that there's one main problem with the whole photobucket idea... there's no way to mass download photos... so in order to get everything to your computer you'd have to go through and individually save EACH picture.... poop.
Chris

I've also just found out that there's one main problem with the whole photobucket idea... there's no way to mass download photos... so in order to get everything to your computer you'd have to go through and individually save EACH picture.... poop.
Chris

There's a bulk uploader option Chris.

Uploader yes... DOWNLOADER no. Getting them onto photobucket's not a problem, it's getting everyone else's photos off photobucket and onto your own computer that is the pain.
Chris