• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RPB67's AWESOME cigar collection!

Just got back on the internet. Moving this week so set up has just been done.

PIF- was played as it always has been. 5 cigars sent that day that I was suppose to. When I found out that the recipient was not happy I sent out 3 more cigars. The packaging was done as I do them all. USOS box, bubble wrap and then wrapped in newspaper and shipped off.

As for being happy everyones taste is different I sent nine cigars and 7 were of good quality and good cigars 2 were of a mediocore class. As for sending out Habanos. Is this a Habanos PIF. I have been involved in those and I have no problem sending Habanos for habanos lets all be fair here. If that was the deal that would be crazy. If you guys want to start a Habano Pif of upper crest cigar pif I am in that as well.

As for being a bad trader. I think not. I have many trades and buys a few on this board (jingles and Atuck) that has gone of with out a hitch and my payments are usually there within 12 hours of the deal being done and I wait for my end. Also did a deal with Gonz, He had my end for a few weeks before I got mine.

I do have to say anyone I did a trade with out here. Went off great. My end was there super fast and there end was ent to me just as it was suppose to.
So a bad trader- no way. No Way !

My collection has taken me almost 10 ten years and alot of searching and begging and trading and buying and traveling. I hope you guys dont think those cigars belong in an ordinary PIF. Lets be fair.

Also I would never pressure anyone who has a good cigar stock to send it out to anyone. It is theirs and theirs to do what they want with. Some are hoarders,some are traders,some are gift givers. I was already to send Corona Gigante a suprise BDay gift of a Tubed Fobidden Opus. But that was my choice.

Should I have considered that beggin when he told me his BDay was coming up. I dont care I was sending it anyway. It would have been a nice suprise.

Sometimes peoples privacy on what they are doing with there stuff needs to be respected and upheld. Ther was nothing done wrong here everyone has always gotten their end and before it was due and super fast.

Sorry, they were not Habanos. But if you wanna do a trade I am up for it. I realy do not sell cigars. But trading is fun and if you want PM me.

If I have offended anyone out here I am sorry. I did not mean to. I think the people out here are great. And the post and knowledge out here is superior to alot of boards.

I look forward to trading and conversing with you in the future.

Richard

Since its out in the open now, this is how I see it. No one is asking you to reach into your humidor for any ISOMs. Clearly, and as the rules state, it is strictly up to you.

By the letter of the law, you may have squeaked by with your PIF package(s). The issue here is that you clearly have the means to pass forward a classier package than you did. Even if the quality you sent out was equivalent to the package you received, this likely wouldn't be a topic of discussion. But rather... you sent out a far worse package than what you received. In fact, you even forwarded a cigar that you receieved in your PIF pack. THAT is not passing IT forward.

You may very well be an excellent trader. However, PIF may not be something for you. Clearly, you did not get the spirit of the pass. As I mentioned to you in PM initially, all it takes is one person to negate all the good that everyone else has done before.

vewyphishy said:
But rather... you sent out a far worse package than what you received. In fact, you even forwarded a cigar that you receieved in your PIF pack. THAT is not passing IT forward.

Hmmm... I was going to post something here, but this clears it all up for me....

Sounds like a humi cleanup.

RPB67, you recieved about $30 worth of smokes and sent out about $16. That's not the idea of a PIF. Equal of greater value? You should watch the movie with the little "I see dead people" kid.

Richard,

I don’t think anyone has tried to pressure you to do anything but what is right.

When I got the first package I thought it was payback for a sarcastic remark I had made about your humidor some weeks ago for which I had already apologized. My response was to apologize a second time.

When I received the second package, which Michael had to persuade you that you ought to send, I just decided you didn’t have a clue.

I have since reached a third conclusion, which I don’t feel the need to repeat here, but which seems to be shared with various other members of the community whose opinions I respect.

I don’t think anyone’s questioning your ability to write checks, exchange cigars with those you are confident will “gift” you back, or post self-congratulatory “reviews” of the high-end cigars you smoke. What we’re discussing here is the meaning of the “it” in “Paying It Forward”. Maybe I’m all wrong about this, but even to a relative newcomer like me, you don’t seem to have what it takes to be a BOTL if I have any understanding of that term.

Screw yer humidor. Ya sent a crappy PIF and now yer taking heat for it. There are decent cigars that aren't Cuban pal and you didn't send any. Discuss that.

NA

I have also participated in a Buy with Gonz and that went off perfect. Another buy was done with KB and various trades as well went of with a hitch. Also three other documented trades and buys and no problem with my shipping or payment with any of them.

I also this week was involved with a few bids on the auctions and have lost most of them due to being out bidded.Good for the charity and bad for me. I did win one the Sopranos CAO and you know what ? Already paid for. Now I have no Idea the condition of the cigars or if the mail man will ruin the box. It is a chance that I am taking and the sender is taking with this and any other packages that get sent to me.

This is just plain and simple that you were not happy with the PIF.Maybe you expected so much after seeing my humi. I probably never should have posted the pics here without knowing I tried to make it up the second time I sent cigars and you still were not happy. It is not my fault that the PO ruined the package.

I thought this was taken care of through the second package. I guess I was wrong. I do not feel I need to send another package out.

As for my reputation as a trader and a buyer it is impeccable. It realy isnt funny when people talk about mine or anyones reputation in an open forum. Its not fair to either party.

Corona

I realy thought this was all taken care of. I am sorry you were not happy with the pif I sent you. I realy thought it was fine especially after the second make up package. I have never typed this much to talk about free cigars.

Again, I apologize.

Richard

SamClemmons said:
Screw yer humidor. Ya sent a crappy PIF and now yer taking heat for it. There are decent cigars that aren't Cuban pal and you didn't send any. Discuss that.

NA
[snapback]226658[/snapback]​

I dont have that many and realy dont smoke that many.

Again Sorry

Then what were you doing in a PIF you knew you couldn't pay forward properly? You said it wasn't a Cuban PIF so you didn't feel the need to send Cubans... well chew on this... it wasn't a rocket PIF either.

NA

I am sorry if I offended anyone out here. I realy do not want to argue anymore about this. I will definately stay away from NOn Cuban trades and pifs on this board unless they are of the Super Premium type.

Again sorry.

Richard

SamClemmons said:
Then what were you doing in a PIF you knew you couldn't pay forward properly? You said it wasn't a Cuban PIF so you didn't feel the need to send Cubans... well chew on this... it wasn't a rocket PIF either.

NA
[snapback]226663[/snapback]​

They were far from Rockets. He just wasnt happy.

Richard

RPB67 said:
Another buy was done with KB and various trades as well went of with a hitch.
[snapback]226660[/snapback]​

Hey, I'm trying to build myself back up, don't ruin it! :sign: :laugh:

I'm kidding man.

In my book (this is not about the PIF) the trades/splits/buys etc. I've done with RPB have gone very well. He's sent his end before the due date for the buyer's club and always let's ya know the heads up.

Maybe some confusion happened with the PIF, I dunno. Let's just get it settled and move this thing on or get it out. :thumbs:

I am a newbie as well, and I was interested in the PIF pass. I read the rules, and if I TECHNICALLY followed the rules of the pass, I definitely could have participated. HOWEVER (despite the fact that I'm a dumb newbie, I did some research and used some common sense, go figure) after reading through some of the PIF passes that were sent out, I decided to hold off until I have a nicer collection. Sure, I have a few good sticks, but most of them were gifted to me, and I didn't feel right sending a gift out on a pass. Also, despite the fact that I could have TECHNICALLY participated and met all the rules of the pass, I was quite positive that I wouldn't be able to send out a really quality pass compared with some of the things other people were sending. So, I decided to wait until I can build up a collection the is respectable.

Bottom line: TECHNICALLY, it looks like you participated in trades and purchases perfectly! No problem there, that's what trades and purchases are all about. Passes (especially PIF) seem to be more than just technicalities...I thought that was evident by skimming through the PIF thread. Maybe I missed something but the "spirit" of the PIF pass isn't based on "technicalities."

But then again, I'm just a dumb newbie, so what do I know...... ;)

On an up note, at least this thread is still civil.....for now anyways ???

RPB67 said:
SamClemmons said:

NA

Richard
Based on the responses in this thread, looks like it wasn't just "he" who wasn't happy.

We see you for your stripes now.

RPB67 said:

Richard
[snapback]226672[/snapback]​

Do you think I'm smiling? I'm not getting the warm fuzzies here either.

There's no rule that says you can't give better than you got. You chose to short arm this thing and that says all about you I need to know.

NA

SamClemmons said:
Do you think I'm smiling? I'm not getting the warm fuzzies here either.

There's no rule that says you can't give better than you got. You chose to short arm this thing and that says all about you I need to know.

NA
[snapback]226698[/snapback]​

AMEN!!

Oh, Richard - you are a wiley one, that's for sure... You sound just like another "FLAWLESS" passer I know - and he's not liked or respected. He boasts about his great trades and how he has always come through in a timely manner. That may well be true... But the fact of the matter is - others view him with disdain...

You are not a newbie to this - and I'm really finding it hard to believe that you are swallowing the snake oil you're selling here. You publically post pictures of your humidor - and then tell us it's none of anyone's business what's in your humidor. Further, you post that you didn't think it was a ISOM PIF - and that's true... But CLEARLY you don't understand what PAY IT FORWARD means...

I gotta think that no doubt you've been the recipient of some really nice bombs here and there - from great BOTL's. You know what I mean - the ones that just knock your socks off... I know I have, and I can't believe you've not if you've been trading for as long as you have... So how is it you can RECEIVE a great bomb - and I don't care where it came from - but not feel the desire to pay that generosity forward???

Damn near every single package I've received from others on this board have been given from the heart - whether it was the meager scraps a newbie has at the bottom of his humi - to the guy who's been around a long time and sends me some high end stuff. Both are VERY greatly appreciated on my end. And then you waltz in here with an obviously decent stash - and PIF a dog rocket fiesta... Please... I would be hugely insulted if I received that crap bomb of yours - and obviously from the nature of the posts in this thread, a few others here would be and ARE insulted as well...

I view your moves on this board as someone who wants the benefit of all the great smokes that are available to increase your already bountiful collection - without paying the piper. That really just makes me want to take a healthy dose of Pepto Bismol...

You've got some choices, brother... You can continue to be a legend in your own mind as being the "Master Passer", or you can start being a BOTL... Your choice... But until I see you as being a BOTL - I would suggest to anyone who has any dealings with you to cut you off. You go find your own rare cigars outside of this board. Go over to eBay and Yahoo auctions and pay top dollar - because if it's about sending your money out on time, they'll love you over there....

EDITED: Added the "without" to clarify the sentence

Ok

I want this thread to end. As you all know its CGs BDay. I will be sending him a Opus Forbidden X in the tube for his Bday.This cigar will be a gift for him to smoke on his special day. I hope this makes me square with CG. As for the board and its members again I apologize for clogging up your day with this garbage. I would like to go back to cigar talk and having fun again.

My fingers are starting to hurt anyway.

The cigar will be Priority Mailed tommorow or Monday. With this move I am all messed up this weekend and need to find the box with all my packing materials. I will post DC #s upon shipping.

I think this is a nice cigar for a newbie or anyone to smoke on their BDay.

RPB67 said:
Ok

I want this thread to end. As you all know its CGs BDay. I will be sending him a Opus Forbidden X in the tube for his Bday.This cigar will be a gift for him to smoke on his special day. I hope this makes me square with CG. As for the board and its members again I apologize for clogging up your day with this garbage. I would like to go back to cigar talk and having fun again.

My fingers are starting to hurt anyway.

The cigar will be Priority Mailed tommorow or Monday. With this move I am all messed up this weekend and need to find the box with all my packing materials. I will post DC #s upon shipping.

I think this is a nice cigar for a newbie or anyone to smoke on their BDay.
[snapback]226712[/snapback]​

You want this thread to end and it will... But what happens to you on this board from here forward will be by your own hand. It is a great gesture that you're sending out that Forbidden X to Nicholas - I'm sure he'll appreciate it. It's a great gesture... But I hope it's not done to appease a situation - I hope it's a sign of your future dealings with other members of this board...

I've got a suggestion for ya - I'd like to see you again participate in the PIF thread - participate in some passes... ...and maybe host a contest or two... I'm sure more than a few members on this board want to see that you "get" it... I'd like to know you ARE a BOTL - not someone who is dressing up...