• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RPB67's AWESOME cigar collection!

ggiese said:
RPB67 said:
Ok

I want this thread to end. As you all know its CGs BDay. I will be sending him a Opus Forbidden X in the tube for his Bday.This cigar will be a gift for him to smoke on his special day. I hope this makes me square with CG. As for the board and its members again I apologize for clogging up your day with this garbage. I would like to go back to cigar talk and having fun again.

My fingers are starting to hurt anyway.

The cigar will be Priority Mailed tommorow or Monday. With this move I am all messed up this weekend and need to find the box with all my packing materials. I will post DC #s upon shipping.

I think this is a nice cigar for a newbie or anyone to smoke on their BDay.
[snapback]226712[/snapback]​

You want this thread to end and it will... But what happens to you on this board from here forward will be by your own hand. It is a great gesture that you're sending out that Forbidden X to Nicholas - I'm sure he'll appreciate it. It's a great gesture... But I hope it's not done to appease a situation - I hope it's a sign of your future dealings with other members of this board...

I've got a suggestion for ya - I'd like to see you again participate in the PIF thread - participate in some passes... ...and maybe host a contest or two... I'm sure more than a few members on this board want to see that you "get" it... I'd like to know you ARE a BOTL - not someone who is dressing up...
[snapback]226716[/snapback]​

I will have to look back in the old threads at all the contest that you have run and learn from those so I can see how its done.

I think I get it all 57 post of it.

RPB

RPB67 said:
ggiese said:
RPB67 said:
Ok

I want this thread to end. As you all know its CGs BDay. I will be sending him a Opus Forbidden X in the tube for his Bday.This cigar will be a gift for him to smoke on his special day. I hope this makes me square with CG. As for the board and its members again I apologize for clogging up your day with this garbage. I would like to go back to cigar talk and having fun again.

The cigar will be Priority Mailed tommorow or Monday. With this move I am all messed up this weekend and need to find the box with all my packing materials. I will post DC #s upon shipping.

You want this thread to end and it will... But what happens to you on this board from here forward will be by your own hand. It is a great gesture that you're sending out that Forbidden X to Nicholas - I'm sure he'll appreciate it. It's a great gesture... But I hope it's not done to appease a situation - I hope it's a sign of your future dealings with other members of this board...

I've got a suggestion for ya - I'd like to see you again participate in the PIF thread - participate in some passes... ...and maybe host a contest or two... I'm sure more than a few members on this board want to see that you "get" it... I'd like to know you ARE a BOTL - not someone who is dressing up...
[snapback]226716[/snapback]​

I will have to look back in the old threads at all the contest that you have run and learn from those so I can see how its done.

I think I get it all 57 post of it.

RPB
[snapback]226717[/snapback]​

Well, bro - I really don't have anything to prove do I... :whistling:

Now you, on the other hand.... :sign:

Good luck - you oughta do really well with that attitude of yours... ;)

Hey, Richard - I did a little "research" myself... I really enjoyed this post...

Gifted cigars are just that gifts. I enjoy trading and bombing as much as everyone. The joy of it is knowing that you have given a fellow Botl a good cigar slap and hopefully he will enjoy it and you will get a Thank You.

When gifting cigars you cant please everyone. If someone is not to crazy about the gift they may pass it along in a box pass or re-gift it as well.

Hey once it leaves my hands and does a toudhdown it is theirs to do as they wish. Hopefully they will enjoy it.

If not. Oh Well !

"The joy of knowing that you have given a fellow BOTL a good cigar slap..." PHULEEEZE!!!!!

Seamus said:
Nice collection and damn nice humidor.

Whatta ya got hiding in that singles tray?
[snapback]226537[/snapback]​

DSC00479-1.jpg

DSC00480-1.jpg

DSC00481-2.jpg

...must keep the poochie rockets in another humidor....

They were posted in the thread. But they weren't of equal value especially for a PIF. But he has made ammends so to speak.

RPB67 said:
SamClemmons said:
Screw yer humidor. Ya sent a crappy PIF and now yer taking heat for it. There are decent cigars that aren't Cuban pal and you didn't send any. Discuss that.

NA
[snapback]226658[/snapback]​

I dont have that many and realy dont smoke that many.

Again Sorry

Funny... that makes the pictures below a complete mystery to me...

ggiese said:
DSC00480-1.jpg

DSC00481-2.jpg

...must keep the poochie rockets in another humidor....

RPB67 said:
Ok

Offering me a nice cigar is a nice idea, Richard. Thank you.

Since I already have my birthday smoke picked out, and since I didn't care for your implication that I am a mooch, I'll be offering the Opus Forbidden X, provided it arrives safely, for auction to benefit the American Red Cross. Watch this space.

Hope everyone has a pleasant weekend. Enjoy those cigars!

Corona Gigante said:
RPB67 said:
Ok

Since I already have my birthday smoke picked out, and since I didn't care for your implication that I am a mooch, I'll be offering the Opus Forbidden X, provided it arrives safely, for auction to benefit the American Red Cross. Watch this space.

[snapback]226821[/snapback]​

I'll buy it from ya and give you money to make a donation! :whistling: :D

RPB, is this your first PIF or is there others... I only ask because you need to fix this problem, it's getting out of hand and pissing off (which is justifiable) other members. ???

tone-ny said:
They were posted in the thread. But they weren't of equal value especially for a PIF. But he has made ammends so to speak.
[snapback]226787[/snapback]​

Anthony - I'm just trying to figure out what this guy is up to. He sends out his first bunch of poochie missiles, which is met with some trepidation. Then he sends out a second volley of garbage, which is packaged like he means it. He's called on it - starts the blah, blah, blah posts... then he says he's sending out a Forbidden X as a surprise. I guess I don't understand why that wasn't the FIRST thing he sent out - not that it was necessary, but certainly he has cigars of at least "decent" value in his collection to send CG...

Okay - so now he's been called out for trying to squeak by with an unbalanced trade. Maybe I'm gettign this wrong, but Richard seems to have been thumbing his nose at the board with his second half hearted effort. Apparently there were PM's exchanged behind the scenes, and his response was pathetic.

I'm now getting the feeling that he wants to appease the naysayers in this thread by offering up the Forbidden X - buying his way out of this situation, so to speak. Okay - but I'm not sure if his intention is to buy his way out of this mess, or change his way of doing things on this board. It's not very clear to me. Certainly he didn't help his cause by posting his smartassed comment about learning from MY contest threads...

I look at it this way - the box splits this guy so DEARLY wants are the result of one member wanting to help other members out - certainly there's no profit in it. Richard waltzes in and wants to participate in all of these box splits for ISOMS - here and at other boards. He apparently feels he needs to soothe the indians at these boards by participating in PIF's to establish a record of prompt delivery. But he puts his bundled rejects in there - the cigars he wouldn't even smoke.

I figure if Richard wants to participate on this board he should participate FULLY - as a TRUE BOTL. That means he needs to think about the next guy down the line, not what's stored in his humidor. And if not - and he REALLY wants those hard to find ISOM's - he can either develop his own sources on his own, or buy them off of eBay or Yahoo auctions.

Richard - if you're really going to be in this only for yourself, please leave the good deals to those that deserve them!

Humm... Gieses' point is dead on, IMHO.

RPB it seems everything is pointing to you only being here for the ISOMs and not the brotherhood...

There's alot to think about..
icon3.gif

Corona Gigante said:

[snapback]226821[/snapback]​

Yo, "Don Kiki", I just had an idea.

You're gifting me the Opus X, so technically it's my cigar that we're raffling off. So I thought, why don't we make it really interesting? I'll throw in my pride and joy, a Partagas Salamone that's been sitting in my humidor for several months, waiting for a special occasion. How about you throw in one of your signature Sharks? Wouldn't that make for an interesting three-bie?

I was thinking that as soon as I have the package together, I could make an announcement in the Lobby. Everyone would then have a week to send me as many $20 money orders, payable to the American Red Cross, as they like, each one in a separate envelope with their return address on it. I'll forward the money orders as I receive them and at the end of the week I'll have my wife pull the winner from the hat.

Let me know what you think.

Sorry guys I don't see the problem. He received dog rockets and sent dog rockets. Looks like a pretty even trade to me.

The Master said:
Sorry guys I don't see the problem. He received dog rockets and sent dog rockets. Looks like a pretty even trade to me.
[snapback]226914[/snapback]​
Me or rpb67? Dog rockets all, you think?

BurningDoDo -> rpb67
  • CAO Brazillia
  • A Fuente Grand Reserva
  • La Flor Doub Ligero
  • Sancho Panza
  • Punch - Grand
  • Acient War Torpedo
rpb67 -> CG
  • Eo X (? 6")
  • Don Tomas (? 8.5")
  • Don Kiki Limited Reserve (Toro?)
  • Flor de Olivia 10th Anniversary (Torpedo?)
  • Ancient Warrior (Torpedo?)
  • Rocky Patel Edge (Sungrown? No band. Looks like a short torpedo?)
  • DR Cohiba (Churchill?)
  • HdM Excalibur Limited Edition Silver Label (Robusto?)
  • A/F Hemingway (Short Story?)
CG -> BGarv
  • Montecristo Serie VI
  • Partagas Corona #4
  • AF 858 maddie
  • H.Upmann Rubusto
  • Ramon Allones SCC

The Master said:

I don't know...

CAO Brazillia
A Fuente Grand Reserva
La Flor Doub Ligero
Sancho Panza
Punch - Grand
Acient War Torpedo

VS

Eo X (? 6")
Don Tomas (? 8.5")
Don Kiki Limited Reserve (Toro?)
Flor de Olivia 10th Anniversary (Torpedo?)
Ancient Warrior (Torpedo?)
Rocky Patel Edge (Sungrown? No band. Looks like a short torpedo?)

Seems a tad uneven considering this guy is apparently a billionaire with serious cigar connections. I gotta wonder why he did the pass anyway, seems pointless.

By the way what is an EO X? Why are you guys always too lazy to type out cigar names?

The Master said:

....the Master has spoken! I respect his take on this.

I guess the only thing I'm concerned about is take, take, take - vs. Richard being a BOTL. If you feel that this was a fair trade, I'll leave it at that.

ggiese said:
The Master said:

....the Master has spoken! I respect his take on this.

I guess the only thing I'm concerned about is take, take, take - vs. Richard being a BOTL. If you feel that this was a fair trade, I'll leave it at that.
[snapback]226931[/snapback]​

It's not a trade. If someone doesn't get what it means to pay it forward, they will never be a true BOTL in my book. Some people will just never understand what it means to enjoy gifting cigars to other smokers.