• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Skyrim, who else has fallen into the souleating void...

I picked up a copy of this for windows yesterday. This should give me something addicting to tend to over the Christmas break from work.

"it's not just addicting, it's life changing" -thoughts of any true gamer

I'm like 52 hours into it. This shit is sad. Haven't even breached the civil war yet.

Level 21 Wood Elf and staying away from the hacks/cheats :)

Lots of fun with a glass of scotch after the kids are in bed.

Just finished all the Thieve Guild main quests, as well as those other quests (those who know what I'm talking about.). Now I've mosied over to the Dark Brotherhood and am starting those. Sweet armor.

Level 31, 72 hours.

I don't know about this Skyrim stuff, but let me tell you, my kids are hooked on this new Wii game Skylanders! It's a damn money pit, a pure work of genius on the part of whoever came up with that game. First off, the game itself is $70, and comes with three characters. There's 32 total characters for the game, and guess how you unlock them? You buy them at the store. They've created these little figurines that have a chip in them, and they have to be set on the "portal of power" if you want to use that character in the game. So they're sold individually for $8, or in 3 packs for a little over $20ish. And of course some are only available at Target, or Toys R Us or Walmart. Curse those people! [rant off] resume your thread about this other Sky game.

I don't know about this Skyrim stuff, but let me tell you, my kids are hooked on this new Wii game Skylanders! It's a damn money pit, a pure work of genius on the part of whoever came up with that game. First off, the game itself is $70, and comes with three characters. There's 32 total characters for the game, and guess how you unlock them? You buy them at the store. They've created these little figurines that have a chip in them, and they have to be set on the "portal of power" if you want to use that character in the game. So they're sold individually for $8, or in 3 packs for a little over $20ish. And of course some are only available at Target, or Toys R Us or Walmart. Curse those people! [rant off] resume your thread about this other Sky game.

Yeah, that's a gimmicky kid's game designed to milk parents into "letting in"...plus its on the Wii, *facepalm*...Skyrim is aimed towards the late teen and up audience with no gimmicks.

And there are always more free mods than DLC for the PC version.

My kids play it on the X-box. Made the Christmas shopping simple.

My wife gave me Skyrim early as I've been sick at home. I got it yesterday, and I'm level 12, just starting the Companions guild. Bye bye free time!

Been wasting a lot of time on Sacred 2. May have to check out Skyrim once I lose interest in this... unless Diablo III comes out by then. :)

I've hit a "I need a break" stride for the last week and a half. Haven't booted up the game in a while.

I have been eyeing this game for a while. Should I play Oblivion first or does it matter if I have never played it?

I just got it yesterday. Played about 45 minutes so far. Cannot wait for the family to get back on a regular schedule so I can waste my life on it!

Got skyrim for my younger brother for christmas for xbox. Saw Oblivion on sale on steam for five bucks so I'm playing that for the first time

I've hit a "I need a break" stride for the last week and a half. Haven't booted up the game in a while.

Same here... been having too much playing EQ2 with friends and family, will probably hit it up again tomorrow though.

I have been eyeing this game for a while. Should I play Oblivion first or does it matter if I have never played it?

Skip it, you won't miss a thing.

I disagree.

Skip it, you won't miss a thing.

I agree, Oblivion and Skyrim do not follow a select storyline, you don't have to play through the fourth installment to understand the fifth, it's a new story in itself.

I may have to look into this finally... you guys seen this?

http://skyrim-online.com/

PC mod that allows online, co-op play. EARLY stages, but there's hope!