• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The 55 Chevy Project - Low and Blown!

Now that's the way you do it. :thumbs:

That's pretty sweet. What are your expectations on the dyno?

Love it! Any more full front pictures? Can you drive around in the rain?
Thanks for sharing Grateful and good luck with the next stage.
Have a great week everyone.

Gary,
Is that an A/C compressor I see mounted on the passenger side of the engine?

The A/C unit will be mounted in the TRUNK!!! Behind the passenger seat, centered above the rear housing!

As far as the dyno....around 700hp (on a low compression setup!). :D

LINKY

So, I stopped by the shop and took some more pictures.

It looks like a couple more days before we turn it over.
Next Saturday is still our goal for the dyno test..

It's been a rough few days as our fuel injection guy is not coming in from Cali. like we hoped.
Instead, I'll be wiring my PC up to the ECM and HOPEFULLY be able to have him login remotely and look things over.
Seeing that we have less than a week to get this part organized...it's going to be INTERESTING!

I have to find a program that will allow him to login, yet hopefully let us watch what's going on. :(

----

Oh yea...on the last page of photo's is a profile photo of the front end. That is a picture of the actual ride height with those tires/rims. The blower in the earlier photo's has it sitting down in the hood a little more. Once the injection plate and spacer were put on...well, now the bug catcher sits a little higher!
Great look. all that shiny coming out of the hood! :D

That looks amazing!! Can't wait to see it finished... ;) Is it too tall of an order to request a video of the dyno run??? :rolleyes: If I can't see/hear all that American horsepower in person, a video would be just as exciting!!

Derek

PS - Good luck with the EFI hookup...

Very Nice!!

Makes me kinda sad that I put my Camro away for the winter now! I want to go out and leave some rubber on the road!! :cool:

Trudgin' thru the tundra!

That's what it seems like at times.

Since turning it over, little has been done as far as big stuff.
Although a lot of little stuff has been accomplished

The wiring seems to be nearly finished.
A lot of ching went into getting brake lines and fittings.
The rearend went to paint - powder coating - and will be back this week.

Once that's back and is installed, the brakes get finished, trunk and floor pans get finished...and we're off to the dyno.

We'll see. :thumbs:

I'll get some more photo's soon, in the meantime our fabricator is working on the 1987 Suburban I picked up!
<new front end components, inner fender wells and a 4" BDS suspension lift> :whistling:

?

grem1.jpg

Linky - no new photo's yet.

So, we got the car to the tuner - Total Induction Tuning Solutions.

The 200 amp alt. was not charging - we had it replaced.

The engine was running HOT.
It tuned out our engine guy(not familiar with the blower) put the little pully on the blower...overdriven by 21%...that's a LOT.
The tuner switched the pulleys now all is well.

We didn't realise the injectors were 53# (not the 70# we thought) so that limits us, unless we buy new injectors for around $1200.

As it stands, these should be fine for streetability.

On the initial lightly tuned dyno test, it pulls 475 rwhp at 5300rpm with only a few #'s of boost...we want to run around 13#'s.

With a little more tuning we hope to get around 550+ rwhp. This should keep all the components within great limits for duability and longevity....until we go to the 70# injectors.
biggrin.gif

All the wiring is done and the metal tacked in. The interior is still out except the dash.

We decided the fender flare needs to be put back to stock (nearly straight) to give a beter look. Oh, the stance is niccca!
wink.gif