• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The 55 Chevy Project - Low and Blown!

Wow what a toy that's gonna be :whistling: IMHO American muscle is the best of the best :cool: Looking forward to the continuous updates...

F*ck ya!! :thumbs: I was thinking this progect was "lost" in the "move." Glad to see it's still going strong, Gary.

Are you going with all black leather interior? Any exterior pinstriping or airbrushing? More pics!!! :angry: ;)

Derek

Update.

Well, the initial dyno test is done and the car rolls on it's own again....only this time with 508 RWH!!!!!

That number is with mild injectors and pulleys. With a bumped up set we could go to around 600-650 rwh but as of now it looks like we'll have to run somekind of street slick just to keep it from tailing!

We also changed up were the A/C will go...it's now back under the dash the electronis have room under the bench. This frees up space of what I hope to be a few hundered amps in the trunk!!!!

I updated the phot-0-buckt sight with some new photo's and a couple avi's.

The clutch was touchy so my brother sounded like a novice when he went around the lot. The 'tuner' on the other hand, well, he knew what he was doing!

A lot more work is needed and right now it's off to the teardown and some paint.(at least the frame and such).

We know have a custom grill which I need to photo-chop into a pic to see if we like it....and we have to started cleaning the floor for the interitor.

I don't know if we'll do the whole car yet or just get it on the rode...we'll see.

LINKY to AVI

IMG_2386.jpg

Gary that car is freakin AWESOME!!!! I think this may be my next hobby...some kind of old hot rod!!

damn I bet that thing is fun to play around in. :thumbs:

Looking good Gary!! I had an electronic cutout on my Z-28 but that one looks A LOT nicer!

Gary when it's finished I need to test drive it for you :laugh:

I just noticed the exhaust dumps. Nice! She's gonna ROAR with the dumps open!

That is a beautiful build that you have going there. Can't wait to see finished pics and a video of that bad boy running...

OK..it's been a long year already.

We know have someone finishing up the body work(re-work).

Here are some items:
1) Finish the Trans Tunnel and underside panels.
2) Replace rear quarters (remove 'rolled' fenders and replace with new ones) - it's easier and we'll have the option to go back if we want - at a saving!
3) Repair/Redo/Smooth firewall
4) Remove all the old crude from the underside.

All of this should be done by next week....then it's off to (next door) the fellow who will do the A/C and all the wiring and interior(I think that part too).

When we get it from him it should be ready for paint. I have to talk to my brother about that...we may go to paint before assembly...but then you risk cutting into new paint if something in assembly is not right.

Here's a few shots of the rotisserie work being done.

http://s421.photobuc...evy/rotisserie/

OK...wiring is in and the dash assembled. Deadner on the floor and we're moving along.

http://s421.photobucket.com/albums/pp291/blown55chevy/

New Sheet Metal and Interiors albums have been updated!

Now that we changed the rear quarters, it will be a while before we can get the bodywork and paint done. ($$$)

Finishing the interior will be first and probably take over the winter. We'll see!

biggrin.gif