• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Blind Shall Lead the Blind Pass

:D
smokers only said:
Well I got the package today :) Ill go through it tomorrow and fill it up with some goodies....

-matt
[snapback]166910[/snapback]​

Oh goodie-goodie!. :thumbs: :D :D :D

Excellent. I look forward to seeing your plays Matt.

Another thought that I had... If you try something (at least from the initial lineup) that you like, post it.
I might have some more of them... ;)

-Mike

Hmm, hoped to see a post from smokers only by now.

In any case, don't forget that a live handoff to micker is at least as good as mailing. You guys are practically neighbors :laugh:

Well the next person on the list lives right by me, he called me and told me that he would be at my store on sunday. I havent heard from him, I sent him a PM but no reply. what do you want me to do???

-matt

Smokers you have the box? I would make your plays and see if Micker[sp] responds if not pass along. And when he replys we can pass back to him again. But of course this all is upto the host.

Thanks for you effort to get in touch with him Matt. Let's give micker a day to get in touch (I'll try and give him a call tomorrow too). If he doesn't show up, or at least post, lets skip him. We are way too early to stall ('course it's always to early for a pass to stall).

In the mean time, go ahead and post your actions.

Thanks,
Mike

Did micker try to call you? I got an email from him saying that he would try and call today.

However, since he hasn't posted :( lets move on to the next player.

Micker, when you have time to keep on top of the pass, post in this thread and we'll try and get you back into the schedule.

Sorry for the trouble so far everyone, it looks like we got off to a rocky start. This pass can still be as fun as was intended and I am sure it will be. :thumbs:

PS: In case anyone has not read it, this site has an excellent summary of how to play in a pass. The only changed expectations are the ones that I listed in the pass rules. :cool:

And don't forget to post your actions Smokers Only! :)

We all only get to put and take once, but for the rest of the pass most of the fun is seeing what other player have put and taken. :D

Finally, a chance to relax.......a glass of Irish Mist, a Top Shelf Signature Select Toro and Mahler's 2nd Symphony (Solti/Chicago). Don't think it gets much better than this.

Oh, did I miss something?

Well I boxed it all up but Ill try to remember what happend...

I put the following:
-La Gloria no.7 mad. I like the taste of this cigar but I just dont like the size of it (little to big for me)

-R y J no.3 (Isom) I dont care for this cigar at all, I have had a churchill and liked it but once again I think size played the roll! Just didnt smoke good and the taste was not what I was looking for I guess!

-Monte no.4 (Isom) I love this cigar but I have tons of them so I want to let someone enjoy a very good cigar :)

I forget whatelse I put in there...

Oh ya, I send two tins of c.a.o.'s and some others.... I wrote them down so you'll see them when you get the box.

sorry I dont remember that well, lots on my mind right now!

-matt
I took:
pam,gurkha, and the avo

Well we are back on again! Thanks for getting this out Matt. Hopefully your worries will resolve themselves in the best way possible.

Just to double check, you sent the pass to gtphale, right smokers only?
Also are those CAO tins flavored cigars? If so are they sealed somehow or otherwise seperated from the non-flavored cigars?

A note to everyone else in the pass, write down your puts/takes before you close up the box. I'll need the next player to help me out in identifying Matt's puts.

tentative inventory until we can get a more accurate picture ???

Pass Inventory (count=29+?):
1) Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso
2) Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso
3) Oliva Master Blend Robusto
4) Oliva Master Blend Robusto
7) Oliva Bold Ovation
8) Macanudo Hyde Park Maduro
9) Macanudo Hyde Park Maduro
10) Punch Double Corona
11) Punch Double Corona
12) Perdomo2 Millenario Maduro
13) Perdomo2 Millenario Cameroon
14) CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Belicoso
15) CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Belicoso
16) CAO L'Anniversaire Extreme Corona
18) K. Hansotia Symphony Churchill
19) K. Hansotia Symphony Churchill
20) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
21) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
22) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
23) El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Larga
24) El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Larga
28) CAO Black Storm -robusto
30) Diamond Crown #7 Torpedo Maduro
31) QdO Corona (ISOM)
32) RyJ Reserva Real Robusto
33) Sherpa Diablo Presidente
34?)La Gloria Cubana Serie R no.7 Maduro
35?)RyJ #3 (ISOM)
36?)Montecristo #4 (ISOM)
38+?)Unknown - I'll need help from gtphale to square this away

Pass order:
gtphale - Next Up
guinnessguy
ggiese
SFG75
christ0pher
knifeman
BrownDevil
melski

limbo - micker

I'm here and you can send it on its way. Me,Guinnessguy and George will figure out the puts and post them up no problem.... Wondering how much the montecristo goes for and would a magnum 46 isom be a fair trade? If not I have something else to drop in. Was thinking the RyJ for it but isom but don't really want to have two in one pass?? let me know what you guys think about the Monte.

smokers only, can you verify that you have sent the pass to gtphale (or if not, who you did send it to?)

gtphale, sounds like the IL brothers are planning a herf :) . IMO the best way to enjoy a smoke is in the company of someone else enjoying one too.
Don't worry about value. And two RyJ would be fine (I put more than one of almost everything that I put in the initial lineup) as would a Mag 46 (if they are even close to the aged SWs that I've tried, the taker is in for a real treat). The point of this pass is stuff that is supposed to be good but doesn't do it for you.

ISOMs pose an interesting possibility. Someone who has tried a particular ISOM and not liked it may have tried a fake. It might be good info if someone experienced with that particular cigar could verify its authenticity.

Hopefully this pass will start to pick up now. Anyone new to passes should notice that some of the more experienced players are piping in every now and then. This is a good thing, particularly as the pass gets closer to you, as it lets everyone know that you are keeping track of what is going on and are more likely to be around when you are next up.

Yep - me, Steve and GuinessGuy (If you're out there) will arrange a get together. Let me know, Steve, when you get it...

As far as ISOM's - I've been exposed to true ISOM's I thought were terrible - but I'm told the humidity / age thing really makes a difference... I'm also wondering if that may be an issue for some... The Quai-d-Orsay that I had was "okay" and I really trust the source. A real "why are you raving about this cigar..." I would have put one in on this pass, but I already smoked it...

no doubt there are good and bad ISOMs just like there are good and bad anthing else. I'm just saying that since ISOMs are often faked, many folks who think that they don't like one (and hence put it in the pass) might have tried a fake.

RE: Quai d'Orsay

Gerard says this brand was created in the 70's for French amateurs.....and smokers who enjoy woody, slightly dry flavors, with earthy tones.

MRN says decidedly mild in character.....characterised by mild toasted tobacco taste and faint sugary sweetness, with superimposed subtle herbaceous flavors. The corona is.....mild, refreshing, pleasant.

melski says these are for people who want to smoke a cigar without knowing they've smoked a cigar. To paraphrase the two gentlemen above: characterised by mild, faint taste with slight flavor, definitely for amateurs.

Did I say I was opinionated? :D

Back