• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Blind Shall Lead the Blind Pass

<puffing on a well aged Plasencia TKO>

As this pass nears the end and its arrival at Casa Tortuga, I am faced with something of a dilemna. Despite a severe weeding of the cigar patch, I had a few cigars that I thought would meet the criteria of the pass; namely good reviews but which I didn't care for. Unfortuneately for me, our host put a few of them in the pass himself. Now I don't want to send him more of those cigars. lol I could send him some of the cigars I like, but I'm afraid (given his stated preference for mild cigars) that ifn' I did that it might lead to his early demise. lol Did I say I like JdN Antanos as a good morning smoke?

This is going to take some thought (I feel a headache coming on). I will have to go down into the dungeon and sweep the corners to see what I might find.

JdN Antanos for breakfast? You, sir, are a beast! :laugh: If that's your breakfast, I'd like to hear what your top 10 are. You already told me that you like Don Diego :whistling:

Me I like the full range of cigars, just not the ones that make me puke. No doubt your cigars could kick my cigars butts, but I'll call you out, my top 10:
Padron 1926 #6
Padron 1964 Superior
Padron maduro - like all I've tried
Perdomo EDS
Perdomo La Tradicion X
H. Upmann Sir Winston (ISOM)
AF Anejo Shark
AF Don Carlos - like all I've tried
Padilla Hybrid
Sancho Panza Dulcinea
(in no particular order, since I don't really have enough experience to rank them, some I've only smoked once, plus how desireable they are depends on the conditions under which I smoke them)

anyone else?

Fired up the CAO Brazilia Samba pass take last night - WOW - this could be one of the best cigars I have had yet. Perfect burn, fantastic flavor, just an all-around treat to smoke!

I gots five pounds of spuds to peel while me brisket is simmering so you'll have to wait on that list till Friday. Cause tomorrow I'll be eating those spuds and brisket and mayhaps a nip or two.

Slainte

Youze Guyz have ruined me for life! Those damn CAO's are gonna be my downfall...I stopped at a local joint today and bought a CAO Brazilia Samba - dammit, I can't get enough of the CAO lineup.

This pass has been a great experience for me - thanks for having me, and I hope to be involved in more passes.

guinnessguy said:
Youze Guyz have ruined me for life! Those damn CAO's are gonna be my downfall...I stopped at a local joint today and bought a CAO Brazilia Samba - dammit, I can't get enough of the CAO lineup.

This pass has been a great experience for me - thanks for having me, and I hope to be involved in more passes.
[snapback]172839[/snapback]​

You and GTPHale gotta get together, you CAO whores... ;)

Speaking of which - There should be a pass making its way to the Chicago area necessitating a herf to celebrate... I hope you're not sick this time :D

Yes, sorry for the delays, got it sent out today. was under the weather and off the computer for a couple of days.

#4207 8634 9101 0385 5574 9458 2121 68

There was a package of pre printed labels with some type of "tracking" number on them in the box, i taped that to the top, took it to the post office..the lady scanned the bar code on the pre printed label that came with the box pass (and had that # on it) and put the postage on the pre printed label.

also, on my receipt it says Deliv Conf: followed by that number.

It works on USPS.com

PS: you have to take the spaces out. EG

USPS just likes to space it all out nice and pretty once it takes you to the results.

Christopher, thanks for the clarification. Also my appologies for anyone else who's DC# I maligned.

However, something is up with USPS. ??? I have the other half of the preprinted labels and mine shows 0103 8555 7494 5821 2168 for knifeman. Maybe their system creates a new number of some sort if the original is too old?

<puffing on a JdN Celebracion Toro>

Talk about fat and content. <burp> The corned beef, cabbage and potates turned out great. I made plenty and there were only four of us for dinner so it looks like I'll be eating this into next week. That's a good thing. :D

For some reason I have been unable to access my cigar log for the last three weeks. I am computer illiterate and can only hope that some day it will work again. Hence the need to sweep the corners of the dungeon.

Mikey, I don't really have a "Top Ten". I generally smoke 2 cigars a day: one on the ride to and from work and one in the evening. My "ride" rotation would consist of JdN Antanos, JdN Celebracions, Gran Habano #5s, Camacho SLRs, PEGCCs, Nicaraguan Heirlooms, Top Shelf bundles (made by Tropical) and well aged (8/01) Connie 733s (ERDM Robusto Largas). I have assorted sizes of all of these; toros and belis for the ride and robustos/rothschilds for an afternoon smoke on the weekends.

For the evening smoke it's Top Shelf Signature Selects, Havana Souls, LFD double ligeros or an island treat (Partagas Serie D #4, Boli BF, RASS and, time permitting, SLR DC). Here lately it's been pretty much TSSSs and Havana Souls, both made by Pepin Garcia. I can't say enough good things about these.

Some might say that my list is conspicuos by the lack of Fuente product. I don't smoke Fuentes on general principle. Their stock lines aren't that good and I refuse to play their reindeer games to get the good stuff. Also missing from my list is CAO. Since the Ozgeners are acting like Fuente wannabees, I give them the same treatment.

Got the pass today. Here are my puts. #62 is a trinidad maduro. Its not that I am afraid of the dark I just did not like the dark that much. #63 is a Rocky Patel Edge. this is a really good looking cigar but the flavor was not for me. I like the 1992s alot better. #64 is a macanudo robust. Macanudo just doesnt do it for me. #65 is a romeo&Julietta reserve maduro. I liked it ok but there are other maduro cigars that I like alot better. Takes. #48 Gurkah Grand Master #37 La Glorya serie R #7 #52 Gurkah Pre embargo #57 Indian Tabac tomahawk Thanks for having me in this pass I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next one. P.S. I added a Rocky Patel 1990 to the host bag and there is one in there for Browndevil also.

Pass Inventory (count=36):
7) Oliva Bold Ovation
8) Macanudo Hyde Park Maduro
10) Punch Double Corona
12) Perdomo2 Millenario Maduro
13) Perdomo2 Millenario Cameroon
14) CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Belicoso
15) CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Belicoso
16) CAO L'Anniversaire Extreme Corona
19) K. Hansotia Symphony Churchill
20) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
21) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
22) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
32) RyJ Reserva Real Robusto
34) RyJ #3 (ISOM)
36) Comacho Corojo Figurado
38) CAO tin, petite cameroon
39) CAO tin, petite maduro
41) Savinelli Specialty Select Torpedo
43) H Upmann Magnum 46 (ISOM)
47) Oliva Maduro Churchill
49) Guantanamera Cristales (ISOM)
50) H Upmann Magnum 46 (ISOM)
51) Gran Habano #3 Torpedo
54) Gran Habano #5 Churchill
56) 4 Havana Reserves (Don Lino) Lonsdale Maduro's?
58) Perdomo 2 Exponente Maduro
59) Victor Sinclair Bohemian Bamboo North Beach
60) Puros Indos Special-Aged Piramides Maduro
61) La Vieja Habana Early Years Festibal De Moroc
62) Trinidad maduro
63) Rocky Patel Edge
64) Macanudo robust
65) Romeo&Julietta Reserve maduro

Pass order:
BrownDevil - next up
melski

Back