• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The GAS Pass 2009

Jeff, brother I feel really bad for you, and the unfortunately luck so far in this pass. I have no idea what has happened to the sticks in here, because honestly when the pass was here I even remarked to you that I have never seen a pass that was packaged as well as this one. I hope the problems are all over now because you have already lost some very valuable and difficult to replace cigars.

Did anyone else notice these problems really started when Phil got the pass. :laugh:

Or... the problems started getting corrected when I got the pass. Sort of the same thing :whistling: ;)

I'm ready for it guys, just need to go through my stash and post up some P/T's. I hope to have this done by Thursday. :thumbs:

Edited to add:

I also blame Robbie... :whistling:

I replaced the Olive V Maduro Torp and the BGM with the replacement sticks, numbered as #33 and #35. So, either there are doubles of them, or I did it wrong. But check em', they're there. There's no reason I would keep two sticks for myself and mar my reputation of integrity here.

As Jeff and I have conversed, communication between the three passers in my area was utter shit. :angry:

Don't get your freakin' panties in a wad Jonathan...........we've all got a lot going on and I'm sure you understand that, as we discussed. The plan was to try to get together. It did not happen. End of story. I delivered the replacements along with my puts soooooo.....

It seems to me NO ONE was bringing to question your reputation or integrity but trying to get a clarification for a very confusing pass so far.

I still blame Robbie though, Charlie... :laugh:

as long as my integrity isn't coming up, then I have no dog in this fight! ;)

I blame Robbie too!!

Jon just sit down and enjoy the pass!! :)

Another update from Mike:

"Rather than re numbering all, I am going to use my first 2 puts as 80 and 84. Then nothing else needs to change. I will wrap this up tomorrow and ship wed. Thanks again brother."

So, as I understand it, souldog put the replacements as:

33) Oliva V Maduro Torpedo --- (Put: jlada) --- (Take: )
35) Bolivar Gold Medal '07--- (Put: jlada) --- (Take: )

Which leaves open the current 80 and 84. So Mike is using his first 2 puts as 80 and 84. Which means:
97) Bolivar Coronas Extra '99 --- is now 80)
98) Cohiba Siglo IV Jan. '08 --- is now 84)

That means 99 and 100 become 97 and 98. I updated the main post to reflect proper numbering.

Niko, Mike said he would be mailing the pass Wednesday. I didn't get the replacements out today, I will get them out tomorrow.

Whilst I have connection....

Updates:

Jeff, the return cigars are leaving in the am, DC# 0103 8555 7496 1207 2942.

I will post DC for the pass tomorrow evening.

Souldog, no one was questioning you. I think everyone would testify to your integrity, myself included. I needed to understand the numbering, nothing more.

To fellow passers concerned about the beetle(s): I thouroughly examined the bag which contained the tainted stick. It was air tight and fully sealed. I split the cigar open and carefully dissected it and found the larva alive and still munching. No reason whatsoever IMO to think any cross contamination has occured. I am very familiar with all beetle protocol and am confident in my findings. I believe the humidity was way too high, causing the hatch. When the pass got to me I remember it saying 80%. I let it dry out a bit and is back around 71-ish.

As for the 2 "missing" sticks, they are as stated-replaced and numbered as #33 and #35, available for the taking.

My corrected P/T's are as follows:

T46) Saint Luis Rey Série A '01 P80) Bolivar Coronas Extra 1999
T49) Bolivar Coronas Gigantes '07 P84) Cohiba Siglo IV Jan '08
T67) AF Hemingway WOAM P97) BTL '08
P98) Bolivar Simones RE Canada '08 (to ease Jeff's pain.)

Jeff, please note the Simones is an '08 not '07.

Jeff has my email addy if anyone needs to contact me. For the remainder of the pass if anyone needs to get a hold of me, that is the way to do it.

Thank you very much for having me!

P.S. I just ate baked beans, so I will shortly be passing gas. Possibly while passing the gas pass.

edit-typo

Ok Here are my proposed Puts and Takes:

T: 79) Ashton VSG Torpedo P:99) DCM #2 Churchill

T: 81) El Triunfador Lancero P:100) Rocky Patel Decade Toro

T: 53) AF Anejo 46 P:101) WOAM

T: 76) Padron 1964 Anniversary Torpedo Maduro P:102) Davidoff Millenium Lonsdale

P:103) Cruzado Marelas Perfecto

This is on the move! Left today, DC 0308 3390 0001 6614 2514.

Let me tell you the USPS gave me the business! $35+ to ship!!! They said it was to to dimension exceedence. If just by weight, it would've been about $19. But because the box was too large, they got me, and I am sore, they used no lube.

Ouch.

Thanks again Jeff, and remember, use my email if you need to!

Let me tell you the USPS gave me the business! $35+ to ship!!! They said it was to to dimension exceedence. If just by weight, it would've been about $19. But because the box was too large, they got me, and I am sore, they used no lube.

Ouch.

Holy shit! That is crazy.. pretty soon people won't even be able to afford to ship the box passes. ??? Wow. :(

Ouch.

That's insane! Has everyone been paying this much?!?!

Yeah, I bet even Fedex or UPS are cheaper than that...

Ouch.

That's insane! Has everyone been paying this much?!?!

Looks like it's time for a new box. :cool:

Box was like $19 when I shipped it. I'd go raise Holy Hell with those idiots.

I am not in this pass but I would like to add it is sometimes cheaper to ship with UPS when it gets heavier. When I have shipped passes a 25/30 charge with USPS was around 12 with UPS.

Cheers.