• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The real Jon Caputo and Daniel Lopez

BigJimmyGiuca said:
It is true. Jon Caputo died a year and a half ago. His last post on Puff.com, before it went down, was during September, 2013. Former moderators from Puff.com have confirmed his death and that without his interest or oversight, his survivors decided not to continue running Puff.com after its lease had expired, which was on January 12, 2015.

Yea...I thought he might have passed some time ago. It makes sense with what she's been doing the last few months. Thanks for the feedback.

RIP. 

It seems that a user has created a new forum. Seems like they will be trying to keep it going under this new forum. I applaud the initiative.

CMontoya79 said:
It seems that a user has created a new forum. Seems like they will be trying to keep it going under this new forum. I applaud the initiative.

The new site is called Cigarbum.com. The interface is identical to that of Puff.com. Two former Puff moderators are running it and they have thrown all the old Puff restrictions out the window. 

It's heartbreaking really. This is strictly for the record. No ulterior motive at all. Just thought people who knew this man or had any experiences with him might like closure.

To our loyal Puff.com members,
I would like to sincerely apologize for Puff being down and unstable for as long as it was. We understand how frustrating and upsetting it has been for you. Unfortunately as some of you may or may not know, my husband, Jon Caputo, who I owned Puff with, passed away a while ago. I really tried my best to keep up with the site and deal with the loss of my husband and the father of my children but it has really proven too much for me and I need to focus my attention elsewhere.

I was recently contacted by a business associate of mine who knew what I was going through and he connected me with a few friends of his who offered to work with me to stabilize Puff as well give the members everything that they want and need including servers that are up and online 24 hours a day 7 days a week, a new mobile app that so many of you have been looking for as well as solid contact people should anyone ever need anything.

We realize that alternatives are out there and we will do our best to make sure that Puff becomes the home that you grew to love. We will need some help and input from you because it is very important to us that you are happy.

We are in the process of upgrading to newer, faster servers and we hope this will not only fix stability issues but also improve the experience of the site. In addition, we will be removing some of the advertising from the site to further speed it up and improve your overall experience. We realize that any downtime after such a long period of the site being down is unwelcome but we believe that it will be for the better in the long run.

Members of the new support team will be available to answer questions in the following thread: Puff.com Questions & Answers: Moving Forward

Please understand your needs have always been important and will continue to be so. I, in no way ever intended any harm to the site or it’s reputation. I was just dealing with a number of personal issues and I ask for your patience and understanding in this very difficult time. Your support has always been a great source of motivation for me and it is needed now more than ever. Again, thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Shari
http://www.Puff.com/ Co-Founder