• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The real Jon Caputo and Daniel Lopez

I don't blame Turk so much for herfing with the floating fat man. I'm a Texan and I'll smile and shake hands with just about anyone - at first. I've been known to rescue strangers on the side of the road. That includes Danny. But now that I know some of his character, I wouldn't offer the sweat off my nuts if he was thirsty. Anyone who continues to cavort on CL most likely won't fit well here.

I agree, you shouldn't have to defend for yourself for doing nothing wrong.

Not all of us are gifted with the ability to immediately read minds and see through all of the layers people wear. I just moved to Houston and I have also met Daniel. I have been in the same place a few times and I happened to be smoking a cigar. I guess that makes me a man of questionable character as well as it was my fault I wanted a cigar and happened to go to one of the few public places left in America where I could smoke. I can say that through casual social encounters, it is VERY difficult to read someones character, unless you have been gifted with the a fore mentioned abilities. How many examples can we find of people possessing a very different personality online than in the real world? This is in no way intended to support or defend Daniel, but to give Turk a hard time for knowing him is pure, un-adulterated bullsh!t. Seriously, he has been nothing but supportive of Rod and the site.

I love this community and have learned a ton, I would hate to find myself persona non grata simply because I moved to a new city and happened to meet the "wrong" person. I know nothing about CL and have no intention being active there. Turk, I'll herf with you anytime.

Billy T. Page

again, I don't know anything about any other stuff he's been pulling until this statement against Rod. I don't know anything about any other problems that anyone else has with them. I've posted probably 3 posts on cigarlive in the better part of a year, so I don't hang out there nor am I involved in any conversations with problems between boards. I don't know who Big Yeasty is?

I have smoked with him on several occasions, considering he's local and hangs out in a group that I used to frequent that actually stemmed from CigarLive. CigarLive had a large contingent of Houston smokers which why was I was drawn there in the first place. I liked Daniel well enough from what I know of him. But to accuse me of knowing about stuff that Daniel is pulling, I have had no knowledge of it or reason of disliking Daniel. I don't approve of his name calling and shit, and I don't approve of the way he's acted recently, but its his business what he does. I posted on CigarLive that I disagreed with him and mentioned that he should probably wash his hands of it to keep from being drug into all the mess that's going to happen.

I guess I don't understand how I'm being associated with those actions, when I've done nothing, not even defend Daniel in any way. I know the guy. I've smoked with him occasionally. I haven't smoked with him in months.

As I stated. I knew a murder very well. I never knew he was a murderer. Hell, I liked the guy. Then one day I found out that he was a murderer. I can tell you that I'll never hang out with him again.

I'm going to shut up now, as I don't think its right for me to have to defend myself for something I've never done.
Congratulations! For missing the concept completely and oversimplifying the whole thing to the point of absurdity you are hereby awarded the Ovaltine Award for the Conceptually Challenged. The award of course, is round.

NA

Again, I appreciate everyone's support. I really don't like having to bring attention to this matter, especially at CP, however when someone outright lies and tries to tarnish my reputation, I have no other option than to lay out all of the facts on the table.

Jon Caputo and Daniel Lopez are more than welcome to sign up at CP and post a response. Jon said that I fabricated those emails - I encourage him to please sign up here and prove me wrong.

Hopefully the other sites will see this thread, and the members of those sites will see what type of character Jon and Daniel both are.

...Their mistake was not saying something terrible about me or infinity or leebo or CC or George or allofus, people would believe that.

NA

Phew.... I thought Neal was going to say something bad about me!!! :D

Funny how this whole situation is playing out. Yeasty has found his SugarDaddy - Bananaland is going "green". And I wonder why Jon dumped one of the prized sites - that's odd....

Rod - I betcha Yeasty is kicking the crap out of his computer monitor right now. Likely sold the place to the Capuchin monkey for a few pieces of silver - but coulda had $50,000 if he'd been a bit more patient! ;)

I agree, you shouldn't have to defend for yourself for doing nothing wrong.

Not all of us are gifted with the ability to immediately read minds and see through all of the layers people wear. I just moved to Houston and I have also met Daniel. I have been in the same place a few times and I happened to be smoking a cigar. I guess that makes me a man of questionable character as well as it was my fault I wanted a cigar and happened to go to one of the few public places left in America where I could smoke. I can say that through casual social encounters, it is VERY difficult to read someones character, unless you have been gifted with the a fore mentioned abilities. How many examples can we find of people possessing a very different personality online than in the real world? This is in no way intended to support or defend Daniel, but to give Turk a hard time for knowing him is pure, un-adulterated bullsh!t. Seriously, he has been nothing but supportive of Rod and the site.

I love this community and have learned a ton, I would hate to find myself persona non grata simply because I moved to a new city and happened to meet the "wrong" person. I know nothing about CL and have no intention being active there. Turk, I'll herf with you anytime.

Billy T. Page

again, I don't know anything about any other stuff he's been pulling until this statement against Rod. I don't know anything about any other problems that anyone else has with them. I've posted probably 3 posts on cigarlive in the better part of a year, so I don't hang out there nor am I involved in any conversations with problems between boards. I don't know who Big Yeasty is?

I have smoked with him on several occasions, considering he's local and hangs out in a group that I used to frequent that actually stemmed from CigarLive. CigarLive had a large contingent of Houston smokers which why was I was drawn there in the first place. I liked Daniel well enough from what I know of him. But to accuse me of knowing about stuff that Daniel is pulling, I have had no knowledge of it or reason of disliking Daniel. I don't approve of his name calling and shit, and I don't approve of the way he's acted recently, but its his business what he does. I posted on CigarLive that I disagreed with him and mentioned that he should probably wash his hands of it to keep from being drug into all the mess that's going to happen.

I guess I don't understand how I'm being associated with those actions, when I've done nothing, not even defend Daniel in any way. I know the guy. I've smoked with him occasionally. I haven't smoked with him in months.

As I stated. I knew a murder very well. I never knew he was a murderer. Hell, I liked the guy. Then one day I found out that he was a murderer. I can tell you that I'll never hang out with him again.

I'm going to shut up now, as I don't think its right for me to have to defend myself for something I've never done.

I hope you guys never run for office, you're f..ked. :)

I do, you're right, because the membership allows this to happen. Big yeasty is not operating in a vacuum, members like you validate him by being there. I'm a CPer and have been far longer than the other board. Deal with it.

NA

Maybe some of us can go there and communicate with friends about cigars and ignore the other drama.

If you like your neighbours and the community you live in, are you going to move if you don't like the 'Mayor'? If I don't does that make me a bad person?

No - but I probably would become quite a hermit if I had to live in my house and ignore all of the communities goings on because the mayor and board of trustees were trashing the town like Yeasty and his Mod Squad are doing to that community... :rolleyes:

Rod, your integrity was never in question as far as I'm concerned.
Hey Jon and Daniel...
WAHHH. WAHHH. Would you like some cheese with your whine?

I don't know where this situation is headed, but I'm glad CigarPass and CigarSmokers isn't a part of it.

My highlighting the quote from George Washington was meant to show how appropriate it was in the thread. Usually sig tag quotes have no bearing what so ever on a discussion. Turk, I don't know you and wasn't passing judgement on you. I don't know the circumstance of your interaction with Mr. Lopez other than what you state.

We are and will be always judged by the company we keep!

Guilty by association!

We are attracted to or are attracted by, like minded people. Change your mindset to change who you are.

Brian

My highlighting the quote from George Washington was meant to show how appropriate it was in the thread. Usually sig tag quotes have no bearing what so ever on a discussion. Turk, I don't know you and wasn't passing judgement on you. I don't know the circumstance of your interaction with Mr. Lopez other than what you state.

I'm totally screwed. I hang with Rod, Charley, Putz Mulligan and Smokin Mex. :cool:

I'm totally screwed. I hang with Rod, Charley, Putz Mulligan and Smokin Mex. :cool:

How do you think they feel Geoff? :laugh: Just kidding of course!!!

I wouldn't say that in public!

Rod-
Stand up move, as would be expected by you given your stellar reputation.

Sorry you've had to waste DASD on the clown show over there.

Cheers.

and out come all the members with membership dates of '04, '05, '06, with a total of 10-25 posts acting like they have a say in what's going on HERE.

some of us understand what "Read more, post less" means.

It means if you don't have anything of value to add, stfu.

Try it, it would have worked well in your case.

and out come all the members with membership dates of '04, '05, '06, with a total of 10-25 posts acting like they have a say in what's going on HERE.

some of us understand what "Read more, post less" means.

It means if you don't have anything of value to add, stfu.

Try it, it would have worked well in your case.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Easy there.