• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The real Jon Caputo and Daniel Lopez

This was posted by me on CS (where I am also a member) a few minutes ago:

I think it's appalling that Caputo is attacking the character of Rod from Cigar Pass, a man of exceptional integrity. As a member of both CP and CS, I must say that I have forged close friendships with MANY members of CP and attacking CP's members will not do any good to this site. CP has flourished into a "community", in every sense of the word. Wonder if this will get me "banned", as some have already been for expressing their views.

ROD: You're a true BOTL in my book. Thanks for CP and for everything you have done to make this community GREAT!

Knew it was only a matter of time before I got banned or before my post got deleted. Just got this PM on CS:

I deleted your post
No offense intended. As you are aware things are a bit in flux in the world of cigar boards.
As we have not had a chance to communicate with Jon to understand the vision and plans he gets the benefit of the doubt.
This is not about CP but CS.
Feel free to PM me or email <email address removed>

This is BS right there boys....as a matter of fact...they may NEVER know what he has in mind.
They are now his new bi@tches!
As far as the benefit of doubt.....there's a looooong shadow on that right now and actions are speaking VOLUMES!

Back to the boobies!

This was posted by me on CS (where I am also a member) a few minutes ago:

I think it's appalling that Caputo is attacking the character of Rod from Cigar Pass, a man of exceptional integrity. As a member of both CP and CS, I must say that I have forged close friendships with MANY members of CP and attacking CP's members will not do any good to this site. CP has flourished into a "community", in every sense of the word. Wonder if this will get me "banned", as some have already been for expressing their views.

ROD: You're a true BOTL in my book. Thanks for CP and for everything you have done to make this community GREAT!

Knew it was only a matter of time before I got banned or before my post got deleted. Just got this PM on CS:

I deleted your post
No offense intended. As you are aware things are a bit in flux in the world of cigar boards.
As we have not had a chance to communicate with Jon to understand the vision and plans he gets the benefit of the doubt.
This is not about CP but CS.
Feel free to PM me or email <email address removed>
Dave just thinks it's okay for caputo to trash an owner/site and then not allow dissent. Caputo made a scumbag move, Dave knows it, therefore "delete, don't defend". He'll fit right in.

NA

Its unfortunate. I know Daniel personally, and I'm surprised by the comments made by Jon, especially. A businessman who makes statements in the fashion that he did just sheds light on who he is. I'm certain that Rod was offered the sale, and to think that Jon is denying that he made those offers is pretty comical. Anyone who believes that Rod was not offered money is foolish.

Rod, I can help you prove it if you'd like.

Its unfortunate. I know Daniel personally, and I'm surprised by the comments made by Jon, especially. A businessman who makes statements in the fashion that he did just sheds light on who he is. I'm certain that Rod was offered the sale, and to think that Jon is denying that he made those offers is pretty comical. Anyone who believes that Rod was not offered money is foolish.

Stepping for Rod like you have is just one of the reasons this place is great.

However, you don't need to help prove anything. Rod said it that's enough for me.

Geoff

Stepping for Rod like you have is just one of the reasons this place is great.

However, you don't need to help prove anything. Rod said it that's enough for me.

Geoff

As I said, haven't been here long but its not hard to see the type of man someone is, just look at their actions. Rod has been nothing but straight forward with us and that's why his community still exists. Rod said it, thats enough for me, no proof needed.

I know him from his actions over the last year and it doesn't surprise me at all. By saying you know him personally, can I assume you have the same character flaws. That statement does not reflect favorably on you. Just so you know. Or is this another other Daniel?

NA

I know him from his actions over the last year and it doesn't surprise me at all. By saying you know him personally, can I assume you have the same character flaws. That statement does not reflect favorably on you. Just so you know. Or is this another other Daniel?

NA

Ouch, what was that for? I wasn't siding with Daniel. I herf with him occasionally. I don't agree with his comments, nor with Jon Caputo's. Where did you get from my statement that you assume I have the same character flaws. I once knew a murder too, that doesn't mean I have his flaws.

Relax man, I was siding with Rod and Cigarpass?

NA

Ouch, what was that for? I wasn't siding with Daniel. I herf with him occasionally. I don't agree with his comments, nor with Jon Caputo's. Where did you get from my statement that you assume I have the same character flaws. I once knew a murder too, that doesn't mean I have his flaws.

No shit, you would still sit and have a smoke with that rat bastard?

i'm actually shocked by that statement too. wow

edited to add: Probably not, considering I made a post on cigar live that Daniel didn't like. Anyways, I haven' t been active on that board in many months. I'm surprised that I'm getting bashed for knowing a guy.

I think the witchhunt is getting a bit carried away.

NA

No shit, you would still sit and have a smoke with that rat bastard?

Ashaulers' sig tag quote says it all:

"Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
George Washington

I'd registered at CW sometime back so I could read the mail and keep up on what's going on. My logon doesn't work anymore, either.

I have to wonder if they did a global search for CP user names and "s#!t canned" them all....... :whistling:

NA

Big Yeasty has been doing this ratbastid shit to your friends since the site went online and you have to ask "what was that for?". To state "I know him personally" means, "I've been okay with the ratbastid shit he's been pulling... till now". Now you state that you smoke cigars with the fugger. Do you really not see the problem?

NA

i'm actually shocked by that statement too. wow

edited to add: Probably not, considering I made a post on cigar live that Daniel didn't like. Anyways, I haven' t been active on that board in many months. I'm surprised that I'm getting bashed for knowing a guy.

I think the witchhunt is getting a bit carried away.
It wasn't a statement, it was a question.

I'd registered at CW sometime back so I could read the mail and keep up on what's going on. My logon doesn't work anymore, either.

I have to wonder if they did a global search for CP user names and "s#!t canned" them all....... :whistling:

Like I said Tom, I was banned on CL before my first post. Not just banned but IP banned.

Like I said Tom, I was banned on CL before my first post. Not just banned but IP banned.

I'd ban you too! It must be the bee dog :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

again, I don't know anything about any other stuff he's been pulling until this statement against Rod. I don't know anything about any other problems that anyone else has with them. I've posted probably 3 posts on cigarlive in the better part of a year, so I don't hang out there nor am I involved in any conversations with problems between boards. I don't know who Big Yeasty is?

I have smoked with him on several occasions, considering he's local and hangs out in a group that I used to frequent that actually stemmed from CigarLive. CigarLive had a large contingent of Houston smokers which why was I was drawn there in the first place. I liked Daniel well enough from what I know of him. But to accuse me of knowing about stuff that Daniel is pulling, I have had no knowledge of it or reason of disliking Daniel. I don't approve of his name calling and shit, and I don't approve of the way he's acted recently, but its his business what he does. I posted on CigarLive that I disagreed with him and mentioned that he should probably wash his hands of it to keep from being drug into all the mess that's going to happen.

I guess I don't understand how I'm being associated with those actions, when I've done nothing, not even defend Daniel in any way. I know the guy. I've smoked with him occasionally. I haven't smoked with him in months.

As I stated. I knew a murder very well. I never knew he was a murderer. Hell, I liked the guy. Then one day I found out that he was a murderer. I can tell you that I'll never hang out with him again.

I'm going to shut up now, as I don't think its right for me to have to defend myself for something I've never done.

NA

Ouch, what was that for?

Sam likes to paint everyone that happens to be a member of CL with the same brush. Kind of a 'Snob' attitude that's best left for another forum.

Mmmkay. So you were not aware that he has banned dozens of people, many before they ever made a post a CL because he thought they might be a problem. He has scrambled passwords so members cannot login. He has deleted threads, deleted posts and disallowed content he didn't agree with. He set up rules in the buy/trade area that made it possible for his members to be ripped of, then when made aware of the problem, refused to change the rules and allowed members to be ripped off. Would not allow members to point out profiteers or ripoff artists. Would not allow members who were ripped off to speak out publicly about it. And... to top it off... he LIED about doing any of it on numerous occasions.

So I'm okay that you didn't know, no harm no foul, but you can't say that anymore. Now you know.

NA

NA

Ouch, what was that for?

Sam likes to paint everyone that happens to be a member of CL with the same brush. Kind of a 'Snob' attitude that's best left for another forum.
I do, you're right, because the membership allows this to happen. Big yeasty is not operating in a vacuum, members like you validate him by being there. I'm a CPer and have been far longer than the other board. Deal with it.

NA

Mmmkay. So you were not aware that he has banned dozens of people, many before they ever made a post a CL because he thought they might be a problem. He has scrambled passwords so members cannot login. He has deleted threads, deleted posts and disallowed content he didn't agree with. He set up rules in the buy/trade area that made it possible for his members to be ripped of, then when made aware of the problem, refused to change the rules and allowed members to be ripped off. Would not allow members to point out profiteers or ripoff artists. Would not allow members who were ripped off to speak out publicly about it. And... to top it off... he LIED about doing any of it on numerous occasions.

So I'm okay that you didn't know, no harm no foul, but you can't say that anymore. Now you know.

NA

Nope, I knew none of that. I don't post there. I haven't posted there (save for a few posts) since the forum started getting crazy with all the different forums that made it hard to navigate. It was too difficult to make it worthwhile.