• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Walking Dead on AMC

Off to a great start. What do you guys think of the first episode? I really like that fact that the town is falling apart and the Governor is loosing it. Not to mention that Rick is going nuts as well and its only a matter of time till he fully snaps! 

I though it was meh.

I know it is just a setup episode, but i don't like the governor on the show.....not a fan of his portrayal....same with michonne. 

brianetz1 said:
I though it was meh.

I know it is just a setup episode, but i don't like the governor on the show.....not a fan of his portrayal....same with michonne. 

Agreed to some extent - slow episode certainly but I kind of enjoy them, I'm happy that they don't try and white knuckle you every single episode. 

I really do like Michonne and to some extent the gov their antagonist appeal to the Rick-tatorship is kind of fascinating. 

Unrelated, still waiting for someone to make a band called Hershel's Ponytail... 

Of all the series I followed last year this one clearly stand alone. 

I have trouble explain to my friends about the zombie apocalypse set for the show. But once they start watching they all say : AWESOME ! 

Now I just cait wait to see where are the two brothers going (and how the 'sherrif' is going to break down).

A real cool show. 

I'm more excited to see if their new prison guests are backstabbers or not, any guesses on who's dying next??

I loved that the new folks were begging to stay until Rick flipped out and then it was all like "Uhm, yeah, okay, I think we'll take our chances with the zombies."  :laugh:

Interesting plot arc developing with Rick and the Governor both going nutso at the same time.  Waiting to see how THAT intersects.

Not a fan of the Darryl/Merle development, but I guess we'll see where they go with it.

~Boar

Not A Nice Person said:
I loved that the new folks were begging to stay until Rick flipped out and then it was all like "Uhm, yeah, okay, I think we'll take our chances with the zombies."  :laugh:

Interesting plot arc developing with Rick and the Governor both going nutso at the same time.  Waiting to see how THAT intersects.

Not a fan of the Darryl/Merle development, but I guess we'll see where they go with it.

~Boar

totally agree with you.....i know they are going to end up back with rick, but still it pisses me off

OK I just watched last nights episode and shocked at how that went! Good for Merle for making it right. So who is pumped for the season finale?

Cool pic that popped up on FB!

581481_249749535161952_188341898_n.jpg

loved it.

you knew that it was coming, but a good way for merle to redeem himself and it also gives Daryl a dog in the fight....which is good.

I can't wait to see how they are going to handle the fight and the torture of Andrea.  

Bwahahahaha best comparsison Ive seen in a while Paul!

The last episode should be a blast.

I bet the good doctor actually saves Andea from the Gov by either shooting him or tricking him somehow.

louich said:
Bwahahahaha best comparsison Ive seen in a while Paul!

The last episode should be a blast.

I bet the good doctor actually saves Andea from the Gov by either shooting him or tricking him somehow.

There's no way something like that can't happen, they've been setting up his reversal for what seems like an eternity 

Just watched the newest . . . damn.  That was great with Merle . . . and Darryl? Damn. That was some intense acting.  I'm all a-quiver for the "Battle Royale" finale!

~Boar

Opinions?

I loved it. Sad to see Andria die but it had to happen. The govonor killing everyone was kinda dumb but made some sence. I wish Edwin killed his sorry ass! I like the final part with Rick getting back to his old self and seeing clearly. Laurie's afterlife missing is for filled because of that.

Can't wait for October,
Paul

That was a good scene with Andrea though, start to finish.  Really well scripted and acted.  The Governor flipping out was kind of sudden but made perfect sense, and now he's out roaming around somewhere with two stone killers . . . that ought to be interesting next season.  I'm wondering if everyone's going to move into the prison, or if they're going to take over the town.

I liked how they made it look like Rick's group had fled when they were really laying an ambush.  That was pretty sweet.

~Boar

Great Point Boar!

The ambush in the deep parts of the prison was outstanding edge of your seat entertainment. I figured something was going to happen but didn't thing they were still there. I figured they had set up some traps with walkers or bombs but for them to still be there and fight it out was great!

Paul

THE WALKING DEAD Searching For An Actor To Play 'Roy Stark' In Season 4 Of The AMC Series

There were a lot of casualties in the third season of The Walking Dead, so it should come as no surprise that AMC are hoping to replenish the ranks of the living when it returns for a fourth year in October. TV Line reports that the network has issued a casting call for a series regular role for a character called "Roy Stark". According to the site, he's "described as a former army medic who is deeply haunted by his past pre- and post-zombie apocalypse. As a result, hes a bit of a loner, although he maintains a charming/self-deprecating/confident public face."

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=76862#o0SAgGPuxRPiJrVl.99