• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thoughts on A-Rod

Hats off to the Post. While everyone was running the predictable "A-Roid" headline, they went for the jugular.

front020909.jpg

I'd say any player thats been in the league for say 5 or more years has used at some point. They have to keep the edge so that the up and coming player doesnt take thier job.

Cheaters never win, and winners never cheat.

AROD is a loser....and I'll never think the same about his talent again. No records will ever count at all....he's a loser and has no integrity at all.

Move along Alex, nothing you do will ever matter again....and shouldn't.

A-Roid, like a lot of professional athletes have tremendous egos, so this doesn't really surprise me. That said, I would like to see the rest of the 103 on the bad boy list. :sign:

A-Roid, like a lot of professional athletes have tremendous egos, so this doesn't really surprise me. That said, I would like to see the rest of the 103 on the bad boy list. :sign:

And the MLB thought their ratings were bad before, I wonder what the difference of all these players (some of which are apparently "big name") being called out on their roid usage will make on the ratings.

Bud Selig is the real devil here. He let all of this go down knowingly. The PR has been a nightmare. It should have all came out a while ago and we would have been done with it. The real losers here are the fans. I actually think A-Rod may come out of this Ok like Petite and the others who copped to instead of continuing the lies. I'm just wondering when the Yankees will take another hit with Tiexera being on the list. They were on the same team together that year I think.

It does not surprise me nor do I really care that much. Cheating in baseball has been going on for decades. Greenies were being popped like candy for decades. Scuffing the ball and corking bats have been happening forever. Spitballs and camera's to steal signs. Cheating is cheating period. Greenies were just as illegal then(in the eyes of the law) as steroids are now. Greenies are also performance enhancers.

As long as big money and ego's are involved there will be cheating. Make no mistake about it science will always be one step ahead of testing. New performance enhancers will be developed that cannot be detected and when they come up with a test science will once again find a new way. People will kill for thousands of dollars so for a baseball player to take steriods for extra millions does not surprise me one bit. It is sad but true.

Does anybody have Cuban cigars? Cheaters!!!!!

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

I suppose the difference here is that no one here considers themselves to be better than anyone or on a "higher playing field." Also, not many people I know here claim they don't have cubans, nor do they get any advantage (like millions of more dollars) for having cubans. I get what you're saying and I know that there are many baseball players that use roids, but A-Rod has always had this holier than though attitude. I don't know, I always figured he used steroids but it still disappoints me.

You miss the point. We all are Monday morning quarterbacks, aren't we?

You pay to see a baseball game, you get to throw stones!

Not saying it's right, but I understand buckling under the pressure. Pity that he was stupid enough to give in. Then again, I think a good portion of the heat he's under is because he's A-Rod. Let's see the other 103 and see how shocked we are.

If Olympic athletes, who are supposed to be the epitome of their respective field AND represent their country, get caught with the stuff, why would a pro surprise anyone?

I'm 10x more pissed at the Olympians.

Just a side note for you guys. A rod tested positive for the steriod primobolan. I've been around the steriod game for a long, looooong time. He obviously didn't know what he was doing! Primobolan is about as mild as you can get!! He would have been better off with creatine and a good diet. He probably didn't much more then increased energy from it. Anything else would probably be mental

I have seen many, many people get disappointed when steriods don't live up to the hype created by the media. And they end up taking more and more trying to find the magic pill or short cut when in all truth its just a small increase in performance. And thats from the stronger anabolics like, test and dianabol. You WILL NOT turn into a super athlete by taking a pill or injection. It takes much, much more then that.

Not that I want to agree with Curt Schilling, but should A-Roid be the only one thrown under the bus for this, while the other 103 players get to skate? Frankly, I think its going to get to the point that no one will give a rat's ass about who did steroids and who didn't. How many people can name even 10 players on the Mitchell report today?

I don't personally care. Cheating has been part of the game, and every other game, since the beginning of time. As for the HOF arguments. I don't think you can bar these players. First off, how many have gotten away with it and most importantly lets not forget possibly the biggest cheat in baseball history (and proud of it) Gaylord Perry sits proudly in the HOF. Unless he is barred how can you bar anyone else?

I'm still going to watch baseball regardless. I just hope this will rid us of Selig and his cronies and pave the way for Pete Rose to get in the HOF, where he belongs.