• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2015

Gavin said:
Illusione Fume d'Amour Capistrano. Interesting! Requires further study.
The only vitola I haven't tried yet... how's it compare?

It's the first one of the Fumes I've had. Wrapper cracked pretty badly, but it was pretty tasty.

Walkdown cigar for today is an Oliva Saison Maduro. Not bad for only three bucks.

Enjoying a Cojonu '09 after some disappointments..

Aging Room Bin No.1 B Minor- not a bad morning smoke, but the big band underneath the huge band was literally glued to the wrapper. Pretty much destroyed the cigar once you smoke down to the point where you have to take it off (takes up about 1/3 of the stick)...unless I was going to try smoking the band.

Room 101 Daruma Gold Roxxo- I'm sure plenty of people will like the unique flavor profile but there was a big tannic/dry character that's not my cup of tea. Really liking the Master Collection 3 Roxxo's though.

A disappointing AF Sun grown double corona. This required multiple touchups and constant attention to remain lit. This was the second of ten I'd picked up and I haven't cared for either.

Technically yesterdays smoke...

:thumbs:  First warm day of the year, finally got a smoke in outdoors...

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12551]

Enjoyed a glorious day in the sun with a two-fer. The first was my first Illusione Epernay L'Alpineste. Almost immediate I could tell something was different with this cigar even though I couldn't put my finger on what it was. It was a lot less robust compared to the other stuff I've been sampling. I had a tough time picking out favor changes and I struggled keeping it lit in the final third. I came way a bit disappointed since I somehow had in my mind that this would be another flavor bomb. It wasn't. I'll need to revisit it at some later point when I have some more experience under my belt.

A few hours later I went back to the humidor and plucked out a My Father robusto. Not as good as the Le Bejiou 1922, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Opening Day at Fenway today so I cut out of work early set up an old tv on the deck and figured I'd have a couple smokes on this 70F day.

Up first a HdM DC from 97 thanks to Bill.

8d46c2a98931c50c644dba0b00ebfe85.jpg

I just lit a 08 SLR DC.
17a64de7e7a930805f950e0d088ee8b5.jpg

What a great afternoon!

IMG_20150413_180042137.jpg

Cro-Magnon Anthropology - and a lovely day!

Monticristo Red Robusto earlier and now a Quintero Londres Extra. The Quintero's have 13 months on them and I have been enjoying the heck out of them.

Trying a Leaf Sumatra by Oscar thanks to a generous brother. Producing lots of smoke, and it's pretty nice!

I promise I am in no way affiliated with Warped Cigars...maybe I just love their flavor of Kool-Aid, lol. Tried a La Hacienda Superiore this morning. New line that just shipped in the last few days...got them in the mail yesterday and couldn't wait to check one out. This is my ideal size for a cigar, perfect burn and draw, solid medium strength and body, complexity was FULL. Nicaraguan puro with pepper on the back end vs. frontal blast, sweet tobacco, earth, will need to smoke more to get the profile down. Excellent first impression for only having one night in the humi.

Had a glass of bourbon and a Padron Serie '26 #2 Natty last evening.  Gorgeous.

Laranja from the Outlaw in KC.