• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2015

Bad to the bone 2007 from outlaw in KC, if I recall correctly, acquired from a trade with LFK.
It's gorgeous out this afternoon at 77 degrees!

Hell of a smoke!

C

I'm on the road in San Fransisco for work for the rest of the week. Found a local lounge with some decent choices.
9a0901b992209081ca431afb3be05999.jpg

MichaelD said:
I'm on the road in San Fransisco for work for the rest of the week. Found a local lounge with some decent choices.
Looks good. :). What is the draft?

Red Rocket Ale. The bar-keep recommended it. It's good. Have to pace myself though since I had tequila at the taco place down the street before stumbling onto this place.

Tonight is getting even better.
88c70f6fc67ace401f72b4a2b505eb3a.jpg

Now we are doing rum matches to La Liga Privada #9. Diplimatico rum seems to be a good pairing. I think I died and went to heaven tonight.

Update: Yeah, that was an awesome night, but I nearly overdid it. Shortly after taking that photo everything suddenly started to spin and so I opted to retreat back to my hotel to pass out.

L'Atelier Maduro 44...just not finding anything from this line that will make it into the NC rotation. This is more good news for the donation box of cigars for the Troops at Outlaw KC down the street.

I'd say try some, see what you think. I like the current release 858 SG. I find it tasty and rather smooth, with sneaky strength If you puff to fast.

MichaelD said:
This at the Occidental?

Yes! I'm grateful that I live 5000 miles away. Or rather my liver does.

MK Ultra.....next box purchase for sure.  Opens with spice that sizzles like pop rocks and clears the sinus like Chinese mustard, and just when you think "how long will this keep up?" it smooths out into some earthy flavors and then towards the end what reminds me of dark mulling spices start coming in as the finish gets longer.  But the spice is never gone, it keeps stalking you.  I don't own many cigars I wouldn't smoke first thing in the morning if time permitted, but these could be a little stout.  

5054040ef29d48dda00dc538f15a9fe4.jpg

Johnny O custom from late 2013. I don't recall what the calls this size.. Bloody fantastic.

Flor Del Valle cristales while walking my daughter. I thought it had a little too much wood for my taste but may work with a drink.

Johnny O custom from late 2013. I don't recall what the calls this size.. Bloody fantastic.
That looks nice, I am keeping an eye out for him to get some mareva sized sticks in.

Today, for me, was a ROTT Vegueros Mananitas, at 3.9X46 the size is giving me some doubt about the HUHC I have been eyeing. There is a kick in that last 1/3rd. The pic is after the first ash as I was being neglectful with it while answering emails. The second pic is after the second ash, pretty good right down to the nub.

Oliva Saison Maduro. Always enjoyed the regular Saison, but the Maduro is new with a 2011 wrapper.

Caldwell's Long Live the King "The Heater" and a La Palina Kill Bill II-   The Heater solidifies my love for that particular line...the fullest strength Caldwell offering but still not a "strong" cigar.  Crazy complexity, all over the place, will have to smoke more to figure out if it's the Dominican tobacco or what.  Definitely going to let the next one sit out overnight, some lower humidity could help even out the burn and smooth out some of the sharper flavors.  Overall- a winner.  The Kill Bill II was also really good, I'd read that it was a powerhouse but the strength and nicotine only really picks up at the end.  Some sweet flavors, wood and earth, a lot of pepper. A little rough at times, but I think some time in the humidor will help it hit its stride.

Smoking a Caldwell Long Live the King My Style is Jalapeno. It's a lancero. Why don't they just call it that? My first Caldwell. Decent.