• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2017

My 2017 NEW YEAR'S CIGARS: a Cuban Cohiba (a gift from a BOTL) & a Fuente Opus X Angel Share from 2014! Amazing Cigars; Cohiba was milder than I was expecting & packed a sneaky high level of nicotine in its long finish. The Angel Share was unbelievably super smooth, had a little uneven burn issue (probably my crappy lighting) but very easy draw with remarkable flavor. Both very memorable cigars for a special occasions! Hope Everyone is Staying Smokey this weekend!

Cracked a bottle of Redbreast 15yo. and had a Guaimaro robusto, a El Gueguense corona gordoa, and a Romacraft Aquitaine Anthropology. I'll feel both vices in the morning, but oh so well worth it. Of note, if you are a Roma fan, definitely check out the Guaimaro. It has the Roma profile, but it is more refined. Mellow Irish whiskey was the perfect compliment.

Yesterday I had my first Liga Privada No. 9 (belicoso). I thought it would be a much stronger cigar. Full of smoke, gorgeous looking, I was really excited. It was recommended by the local b&m and I knew people liked the flying pig size. Didn't do much for me.

Tonight I'm trying a Warped Futuro Seleccion 109.Futuro1.jpg
Pretty good till I hit oil. Clipped the end and finished it down.
Futuro2.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday I had my first Liga Privada No. 9 (belicoso). I thought it would be a much stronger cigar. Full of smoke, gorgeous looking, I was really excitied. It was recommended by the local b&m and I knew people liked the flying pig size. Didn't do much for me.

Tonight I'm trying a Warped Futuro Seleccion 109.
The OR LP No. 9's were strong beautiful and rich cigars when they came out. Then, at least for me, they have continued to decline every year since then in both taste and richness.

Last edited:
Friday night smokes were an OpusX Angel's Share Reserve D'Chateau and a La Palina El Diario Robusto. Will have to smoke more of the Angel's Share. Enjoyed the La Palina and will probably put that in the rotation.

The OR LP No. 9's were strong beautiful and rich cigars when they came out. Then, at least for me, they have continued to decline every year since then in both taste and richness.
That is my experience too. I stopped buying them several years ago.

I smoked a crusty old Pepin blended Padilla Miami 8/11 corona. This is from a box that took well over a month to get to me. Vendor told me to keep it and sent a fresh box overnight. So, it lost something, but hell, I'll smoke it anyway.

Moving back into my singles box, Nat Sherman Metropolitan Connecticut union for my walkdown. Decent cigar but nothing epic. Price wise seems like a good budget smoke.

Moving back into my singles box, Nat Sherman Metropolitan Connecticut union for my walkdown. Decent cigar but nothing epic. Price wise seems like a good budget smoke.
Some cigars I won't consider. Nats are one of them.