• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a La Flor Double Press very good smoke :thumbs:

Wednesday a Diplomaticos No. 5.
Thursday an Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Robusto.

Neither one proved to be inspiring...

Do you notice any significant difference between the Padialla Miami Robusto and the old Padilla Miami 8&11 Robusto? To me they are two entirely different cigars. I am assuming the blend was changed when Pepin stopped rolling them...

La Riqueza #2 followed by a Padilla Miami 'busto . . . starting the weekend a tad early I guess!

~Boar

Cain Maduro, Cain Habano, Fuente Queen B and a CAO La Traviata, great smokin day for me. :thumbs:

Gurhka Triple Ligero Special Edition 2002. Very enjoyable stout smoke. Definitely a great way to end the day.

It was Litto Gomez event day at the Outlaw:

LG Oriental
LFD Oscuro Mysterio
LFD Factory Press III

Today was a Graycliff 1666 that was sent to me by a BOTL. One amazing smoke. Would like to try some other vitolas of this one and also get a few to let age.

Also today my best friend got promoted to SGT so I set him up with a Graycliff 1666 Robusto, Along with one of my soldiers who had a Gurkha but not sure which one. Either way we all enjoyed a solid hour and a half of good smoke and bullshitting.

After a very long week with health scares by both my wife and one of my daughters, I had my last Padron Millenium last night while we entertained a few friends on our deck. I paired that with a Heavy Seas Big DIPA (double IPA). Friday night, when I finally got back into town, a PLPC and a Cohiba Siglo I. I paired that with a Le Freak from Green Flash Brewing Co (half Belgian Ale, half IPA).

I know it has been discussed many times, but sometimes it really does take a good scare to make you realize that cigars are for smoking, esp when you can enjoy them with good friends.

-Bob

Work of art Natural...almost as goos as the Maduro.

Almost
tongue.gif

Well today the wife tells me that she won me a Browning 12 Gauge at the gun bash so of course this required a good smoke. Lit up a RP Fusion Churchill. Great medium body cigar that burned consistently even to the end, full of flavor and a good draw. Not to tight or loose, just lots of nice thick smoke.

Yesterday at the Litto event:

LFD Mysterio
LFD Double Press habano
Illusione Epernay.

Smoking my last Tat Frank. I'm STILL not sold on these. I was thinking about getting involved in the new Monster release mania, but now I'm not so sure.

My first Liga Privada #9 in over a month, and yes I enjoyed it so much it got nubbed.

My first San Cristobal La Fuerza for my morning smoke and a Viaje 50/50. I actually could tell when the cigar blend changed halfway, very nice indeed.

Last night I smoked a Casa Magna Robusto, rated the 2008 Cigar of the Year by Cigar Aficianado. Hands down the worst cigar I have had this year. Only got half way through before I said enough is enough. Hated it. It was finely constructed, but tasted like crap...the draw was a bit tight. The burn was good. Ash held well. Very little smoke was produced, and I like a cigar that puts out lots of smoke. Despite all this...the biggest detractor was taste. Even at $6.50 a stick this cigar was crap.

I couldn't agree more. Smoked a few of them and couldn't figure out what all the hype was about.

Last night I smoked a Casa Magna Robusto, rated the 2008 Cigar of the Year by Cigar Aficianado. Hands down the worst cigar I have had this year. Only got half way through before I said enough is enough. Hated it. It was finely constructed, but tasted like crap...the draw was a bit tight. The burn was good. Ash held well. Very little smoke was produced, and I like a cigar that puts out lots of smoke. Despite all this...the biggest detractor was taste. Even at $6.50 a stick this cigar was crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.