• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't agree more. Smoked a few of them and couldn't figure out what all the hype was about.

Last night I smoked a Casa Magna Robusto, rated the 2008 Cigar of the Year by Cigar Aficianado. Hands down the worst cigar I have had this year. Only got half way through before I said enough is enough. Hated it. It was finely constructed, but tasted like crap...the draw was a bit tight. The burn was good. Ash held well. Very little smoke was produced, and I like a cigar that puts out lots of smoke. Despite all this...the biggest detractor was taste. Even at $6.50 a stick this cigar was crap.

I smoked one and my experience was similar to yours.

Forwent the a.m. routine and had a Don Carlos Robusto followed by a Hemingway Signature Maduro.

Well tonights choice was a Padilla Obsidian Torpedo (6" x 54) and I have to say I was fairly disappointed. The draw was tighter than I liked, and although it had good flavor, it just didn't produce a good amount of smoke. From the beginning I had an uneven burn and had to touch it up several times throughout the whole cigar. The nicotene kicked my ass and wish I had eaten before this one. I really wish I had a better experience with this cigar because I really enjoyed the flavor but all the work I had to go through to keep it going wasn't worth it to me.

Two great smokes. El Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme and H. Upmann Sir Winston. Both great cigars...

Well Ill probably get hosed for this one but here it goes. Smoked a WOAM last night. I was really looking forward to this guy due to rareness and the reviews that I have heard. The taste I was getting throughout the whole smoke was a bitter chocolate that left the pallet really dry. It reminded me of the bittersweet choc that my mom used to use for cooking, nasty stuff. The burn was constantly screwed up and it seemed like it went from being plugged to un-plugged back to plugged again. Just really was not an enjoyable smoke for me.

Well tonights choice was a Padilla Obsidian Torpedo (6" x 54) and I have to say I was fairly disappointed. The draw was tighter than I liked, and although it had good flavor, it just didn't produce a good amount of smoke. From the beginning I had an uneven burn and had to touch it up several times throughout the whole cigar. The nicotene kicked my ass and wish I had eaten before this one. I really wish I had a better experience with this cigar because I really enjoyed the flavor but all the work I had to go through to keep it going wasn't worth it to me.

I have had a similar experience with the Obsidian. The burn wasn't great and draw was a little tight. I didn't particularly like the flavor profile very much anyway. To each his own though.

Had a Monte Vintage 93 No. 10 last night with a few years age on it. Mild flavor with great volumes of smoke. It had a nice light sweetness to it that was enjoyable. It was a nice enjoyable quiet smoke.

I have had a similar experience with the Obsidian. The burn wasn't great and draw was a little tight. I didn't particularly like the flavor profile very much anyway. To each his own though.

Had a Monte Vintage 93 No. 10last night with a few years age on it. Mild flavor with great volumes of smoke. It had a nice light sweetness to it that was enjoyable. It was a nice enjoyable quiet smoke.

Sure know how to tease a guy. :laugh:

Had a 5 Vegas Miami Toro. Good flavor and had an even burn till the last third and I had to touch it up a bit. This one also had a tight draw on it but not unsmokeable by any means.

The Fusion MM I passed off to my buddy smelled great and was producing tons of white smoke. Going to have to pick one of those up now.

Smoked a Rafael Gonzlez Petit Corona last night. While not bad, it was kind of flat.

Casa Magna torpedo. Knew nothing about this cigar before lighting it up and purchased it based on a suggestion from a FOG at one of my local B&Ms. What a pleasant surprise. Burn issues aside, this has been an excellent and very tasty smoke. I'll be buying more.

After a hard day of work, a Hemingway Signature Maduro and a La Riqueza no.2 from Isy. I'm a new man thanks to these wonderful smokes!

Fuente Fuente Opus X PerfecXion #4, damn those are some great sticks!!!

RP Olde World Reserve that was excellent! I enjoyed this all the way to the end and will definitely remember the story that goes with this one. You can read it here if you'd like. :thumbs:

While listening to the Nebraska-Missouri game I enjoyed two fine cigars... Cuesta Rey Sungrown Robusto and ITC 10 Year Toro.

5 Vegas Classic Robusto (5" x 50) tonight on another clear night here with a friend. It started off a little tight but loosened and smoked great. Surprisingly this thing held its ash for about 2 inches or so. Was good all they way down to the nub. :thumbs:

Perdomo Habano Maduro " Presidente"..

YUM ... This cigar is awesome.
I liked it so well I reviewed it a while back. :)

I finally tried a new Padilla Miami - the Torp. I was disappointed. I just smoked one of the old blend Torps a couple weeks ago and it was SO much better, IMHO.

Also had a Party Short the other night. I love those lttle cigars. Doesn't even need much age.

Status
Not open for further replies.