• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Padron 2000 Maduro this morning.

601 Blue Robusto this afternoon.

N. Miranda Dominicano Oscuro Lancero this evening.

Padron 2000 Maduro this morning.

N. Miranda Dominicano Oscuro Lancero this evening.

I used to smoke 601 Blues but haven't in a while. Are they still good? :)

I've been smoking much less lately. Some RASCC and BPCs.

Saving it for Mahogs. :rolleyes:

An RASCC this morning, and a Diamond Crown Maximus robusto no. 5 from 2003.

How'd the DCM fair with the extra time on it? I have a box of DCM #3 and I wasn't terribly impressed.

I thought it was really good. Not much spice, a lot of coco and coffee flavors... They are quite different aged compared to fresh. Don't get me wrong it's not knock your socks off great but, I really did enjoy it. I'll make sure to always have a few on hand :love:

I will rest them for another year and see what they turn out like.

The RASSC's are running low and man do I enjoy a quick smoke while it's still cold here in SoCal. ;)

Cohiba Secretos Maduro 5

Creamy smoke, yet insanely hard draw. I just... expected more. It was still pretty fresh, though. Going to let them age a bit and come back to them when I remember I still have them.

Took a break from running today and decided to go for a walk with the dog instead. Punched a CAO La Traviata along the way and it looks like I've found another stick to put in the books. Fortunately I buy in pairs (at least) so there will be one waiting for me when I come back from Dallas.

I was digging around in the old converted Rubbermaid tub for something and happened across a little wooden box that I haven't seen for a while...inside nestled snugly were a couple of the original Cain F robustos that came in a 5 x 50 format in a 5 count box. I pulled one out and it was very nice, I don't recall how long I've had them, but it has been a while, and the time has smoothed them out considerably, it's still an ass-kicker though, as I found out in the last 2 inches. Not a big fan of the Cain line in general, but those original F's are the bomb.

My Father Le Bijou Toro :love:

I found a 10'ner with the old original label on them whilst digging through the humi, brought a couple to work and shared them with a friend. Yup! Definitely a good affordable smoke! Not too sure about their newest label if the blend has changed though.

Decided to fire up a La Aurora Puro Vintage 2003 Salomone (sp?) since I was going to vacuum the rides. It ended up being such a long smoke I did the cars, walked the dogs, talked to the neighbor, and STILL had enough left to watch some TV in the garage. Dayum!
laugh.gif

I found a 10'ner with the old original label on them whilst digging through the humi, brought a couple to work and shared them with a friend. Yup! Definitely a good affordable smoke! Not too sure about their newest label if the blend has changed though.

Decided to fire up a La Aurora Puro Vintage 2003 Salomone (sp?) since I was going to vacuum the rides. It ended up being such a long smoke I did the cars, walked the dogs, talked to the neighbor, and STILL had enough left to watch some TV in the garage. Dayum!
laugh.gif
Are the new ones true to the old blend?

La Riqueza #1, a very nice medium bodied smoke with a typical taste from Pete Johnson.

laugh.gif
Are the new ones true to the old blend?
Despite a few recent label changes, the 601 Blue blend seems to the same. The 601 Blue and Green are staples in my humidor.

Thanks for the info on the 601Blues. I think I'll get a box of the Robustos. I used to prefer the Torps but I've been trying to "downsize" my collection lately.

'09 Partagas Mille Fleur this morning on the porch with coffee.

Padron 2000 Maddie

Just finished a 07' Anejo 49 with an empty stomach. It was a mistake.
I am feeling dizzy and sick right now :(

I too hopped on the 601 train this weekend.

Had a AF Chateau Fuente Saturday night which unfortunately had an uncharacteristically bad burn. But It was followed by a 601 Blue Maddy on Sunday at the tournament which made up for the long, late Saturday night.

I too hopped on the 601 train this weekend.

Had a AF Chateau Fuente Saturday night which unfortunately had an uncharacteristically bad burn. But It was followed by a 601 Blue Maddy on Sunday at the tournament which made up for the long, late Saturday night.
Was the bad burn one straight from a B&M?

Tried my first Brick House (corona) - fantastic. My new favorite Fuente!:love:

A dram of 12yo Aberlour and a 12mo Party Short right now. :p

San Miguel Belicoso this morning.
El Triunfador No. 5 this afternoon.
Tatuaje Tattoo this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.