• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roxor Cameroon this morning with a huge cup of 711 coffee. Nice smoke but a bit loose on the draw and I liked the Madoro much more. but the ash was a good 4 in long before the first drop.

Yesterday was a Padron 80th Anni maduro for lunch. And for dinner was a Avo maduro robusto.

Drew Estate Root

Possibly a George before I leave but not sure how much time I will have before my flight.

Liga Privada #9 which was first and definitely not a last. Thanks to a fellow newbie for this treat! ;)

Last night I smoked a Vegas Cubanas delicias, or rather I tried to. It was fine for the first two inches or so, then began to tunnel horribly. It began to take two or even three really hard pulls to get the wrapper to burn, and then it started getting quite hot and nasty. I chucked it with a good three inches and change left. I know the cigar was not too wet, as it's been in my desktop for a month or better, and it's always at 62-68%. It was oppressively humid last night, so I don't know if that may have had something to do with it, or if it was just bad construction. I've smoked three or four of the same cigar, out of the same humidor, and never had burn problems before. Oh, well, it happens once in a while.

Over the weekend I picked up a few RP Vintage 1990 Perfecto's for my brother's wedding. Smoked one at the reception and it was a nice little smoke!

I just finished La Aurora Ruby and an Illusione 68 with a couple of fingers of Glenfiddich 18.

Ken

Last night was a Padron 5000 maduro-- my go-to smoke, fantastic as always. Tonight was a Padilla Miami 8&11 Torpedo. The first smoke from this box had only a few weeks of age on it when I smoked it a month ago and was very disappointing. Tonight's was 10 times better! Cedar flavors, light spice and a trace of creaminess that tied it all together. This is my favorite DPG stick, but I'm glad to hear in Al's report that the new non-Pepin Miamis are smoking well.

La Gloria Cubana Serie R #6 Great flavor, had about a months age on it, perfect burn and went great with a glass of Jack.

Montecristo Platinum, Vintage 1999 Robusto. I didn't expect much. I was neither surprised nor disappointed.

Smokes a Davidoff Winston Churchill #10 on the way to dinner and a Drew Estate Dirt on the way back (for dessert since it's a sweet-flavoured cigar). :) Made for a nice walk to and from.

I smoked a Primos Maduro Robusto while mowing the yard.

Had a CAO Brizila right before dinner and a Bahia Gold after dinner... Didn't know I felt about the Brazilia though. Maybe because I had no food in my system?

WOAM as I watched the Sox let another one get away. (Thanks Local)

Brian

I had a Siglo IV from '04 this morning that was real good. Not really a fan of these, but this one might sway me in the future....

PAN Exclusivo while watching game 2 of three with the Angles.

Thanks Jonesy

Brian

Tonight as I write this I am smoking a Partagas Corona Grandes box code OSU July 01. This cigar is considered to be a very rare cigar according to MRN. I must say this is a fabulous partagas. Earthy and very spicey with sweet coffee and leather. The burn is razor sharp with a solid gray ash. A real finger burner. They dont get much better than this. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.