• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Up in Smoak - version 2

oak

Let it burn...
OK - the second version of my Washington DC area herf is scheduled. This one is going to be north of the city - all the way north to Baltimore at Max's at Camden Yards...

Date: Saturday, May 1st.

Time: Meet at Max's at 2pm

Core Duration: Core herf will go until 4:30 or 5:00pm

Secondary Event: If enough people want to, we will then migrate to the inner harbor and get dinner at a Cuban restaurant called Babalu... I will not be making reservations there ahead of time, but we'll just head over with whoever wants to go (that way, we can sit at Max's if we prefer, or go somewhere else, whatever...)

So far, I have the following people coming:

Definites: Oak, AVB (CP), BeefCube (CP) + 1, Lumberg (CP)
Possibles:
Unlikelies but Who Knows: Purobrat (CP) +1... ;)

I will be running two contests:

1) Whoever smokes the most cigars (cigarellos don't count) during the Herf (all sticks must be completed, or you will be mocked and lose the contest) will receive a mixed pack of 12 sticks from me. What will they be? Think ISOMs... and assume they'll have some age on them...

2) Whoever comes the most distance to get to the herf over 100 miles gets their drinks bought for them, or if from Texas, gets an ISOM davidoff dom perignon AND I buy your drinks. Only one winner in this contest...

Invite anyone you care to, and post to this thread anywhere else you want. I am posting it to the two boards I go to (CP and CW).

Cheers,

- Oak

I'm in. Myself and maybe one other newbie.

If I drive around for two hours before I get there does that count as 100 miles :D

Hey Bateman's does have a location right near the Inner Harbor. May 1st could be an outside event huge courtyard there and several other bar/restaurants. Half block from I-83. Possible walk to Fader's cigar shop.

Right next to BaBaLu Grill a Cuban restaurant, you know just like "I Love Lucy" babalu ,,EXCELLENT FOOD ,I was a bouncer there too, very short time. ???

Hmmmmm.....

1: Start out going West on FRANCES WAY toward S BOWSER RD. 0.3 miles Map
2: Turn LEFT onto S GROVE RD. 0.5 miles Map
3: Stay straight to go onto AUDELIA RD. 2.6 miles Map
4: Merge onto I-635 E via the ramp- on the left. 7.3 miles Map
5: Merge onto I-30 E via exit number 8B toward TEXARKANA. 309.7 miles Map
6: Merge onto I-40 E via exit number 143B toward MEMPHIS. 555.9 miles Map
7: Merge onto I-81 N via exit number 421- on the left- toward BRISTOL. 375.8 miles Map
8: Merge onto I-66 E via exit number 300 toward FORT ROYAL/WASHINGTON. 64.7 miles Map
9: Merge onto I-495 N/CAPITAL BELTWAY toward BALTIMORE. 21.5 miles Map
10: Merge onto I-95 N via exit number 27 toward BALTIMORE/NEW YORK. 26.4 miles Map
11: Merge onto I-395 N via exit number 53 toward DOWNTOWN. 1.5 miles Map
12: Take the CONWAY ST exit. <0.1 miles Map
13: Stay straight to go onto W CONWAY ST. 0.2 miles Map
14: Turn LEFT onto MD-2 N/LIGHT ST. Continue to follow MD-2 N. 0.4 miles Map
15: End at Baltimore MD Map

Total Est. Time: 21 hours, 42 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1367.40 miles

Sounds like a perfect time for a road trip :p :0 :sneaky:
I never had a
cuban davidoff dom perignon
;)

I'm in! :thumbs:

Where am I going?

Whachutalkinbout Willis?

I'm in if it's on a weekend.

I STRONGLY recommend the Ropewalk.

Lumberg said:
I'm in if it's on a weekend.

I STRONGLY recommend the Ropewalk.
It's saturday, May 1st... PB is still lost in 1986 or something... ;)

C'mon... there are more dc-area folks out there... sign-up, punkos!

Note that the location and time have been finalized and are updated in the first post... I also posted this onto CW a few minutes ago...

Also, next time I'm scheduling around Fast's schedule... I keep missing tempting him down here...

TOP...

oak said:

Note that the location and time have been finalized and are updated in the first post... I also posted this onto CW a few minutes ago...

Also, next time I'm scheduling around Fast's schedule... I keep missing tempting him down here...

TOP...
May 1st is the Cigars International Herf in Bethlehem, PA ???

Fast4Dr said:
oak said:

TOP...
And isn't that the weekend of your buddy's batchelor party... you're booked from multiple directions...!

You're the only guy that views herfs that are 200+ miles away as being similar options... lol... you must be equal to your name...

Next time I plan around your schedule... the fact that you're miffed each time warrants some special attention... :D

oak said:
Fast4Dr said:
oak said:

Note that the location and time have been finalized and are updated in the first post...  I also posted this onto CW a few minutes ago...

TOP...
And isn't that the weekend of your buddy's batchelor party... you're booked from multiple directions...!

You're the only guy that views herfs that are 200+ miles away as being similar options... lol... you must be equal to your name...

Next time I plan around your schedule... the fact that you're miffed each time warrants some special attention... :D
I may not have the Herf due to many of our participates will be in PA......Well just have to have a post-wedding bachelor herf :)

Fast4Dr said:
I may not have the Herf due to many of our participates will be in PA......Well just have to have a post-wedding bachelor herf :)
You'll have to let me know when that post-wedding-batchelor herf is... I might have to do some fast drivin' up there myself... assuming he doesn't get all boring after getting hitched... ;)

Just looked at Ropewalk's menu, looks fine to me.
Should they get an advance notice as to the smoking going on?
Opens at noon on saturdays. What time we talkin?

I'll be the extreme newbie with a pocket full of two dollar sticks !!!!!! :D

Do ya'all think they got a jukebox with any Hank jr on it?.... just jokin ya'all I'll jus sing if I gotta !!!!

Beefcube said:
Just looked at Ropewalk's menu, looks fine to me.
Should they get an advance notice as to the smoking going on?
Opens at noon on saturdays. What time we talkin?

I'll be the extreme newbie with a pocket full of two dollar sticks !!!!!! :D

Do ya'all think they got a jukebox with any Hank jr on it?.... just jokin ya'all I'll jus sing if I gotta !!!!
Location and time got updated a few posts ago... new info is in the top post now...

Location is Max's at Camdens (as it is the most convenient to access for everyone right off the highway - but still within walking distance of the inner harbor if it's a nice day) is the location - starts at 2pm. At around 4:30 to 5pm - the core herf is over, but any leftovers may walk or cab over to babalu or sit around at max's - or something else... whatever we feel like.

Also, the contest and the prize have been finalized in the top post... I've got my money on you for the first one... I've got a hunch you'll smoke til' ya puke... ;)

Help me get the other DC-metro people motivated... start sending PMs and applying your hillbilly strong-arm tactics and what-not... ;)

- Oak

I won't win any distence contests going to Max's, it's only about 44 miles and I certainly won't win the most smoked cigars. If you want to do shots though..........you'll lose :)

Max's it is then. Short walk from the metro, if drinking for me, but light rail lets off right out front. Well I won't win any contests either.

AVB said:
If you want to do shots though..........you'll lose :)
Shot contests with the Marine and the hillbilly...

Riiiiiiiggghhhhttt....

I'll pass on that... ;)