• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Are You Smoking Wednesday Night?

Well, I am smoking the WOAM. Hope to join some of you in chat later tonight.

R.I.P. Brian

Rich

Smoking a #77 as I type...

I never had any interactions with Brian at all but I can tell you I this has hit me hard. I have had my family read this stuff lately and they are amazed. My wife and I have been sitting down together each evening and reading over the post for him and have been so amazed by this man. This truly is a brotherhood and don't ever want to call any other group of people my BOTL than you all.....

RIP Brother

Earlier this evening I had a Padron 40th...RIP Infinity..

Just finished a Davidoff Millenium. I was gifted this stick by a generous BOTL and was saving it for a special occasion. As I read through the threads regarding how great a person Infinity was, and from what I read, he didn't save great cigars. He smoked them. He's right. Cigars are meant to be smoked, no matter how rare or expensive they are.

So here's to you, Infinity.

Like Brickhouse and a few others. I'm smoking my only Padron Millennium in honor of Brian.

pullled out my only Oliva O blue cloth band - seemed appropirate
followed up by a Casa Torano and a George Rico private label....
RIP bro....

I smoked a CAO 65th in his honor on the way to work just me the silent drone of the tires and a long drive to work thinking about life and how it can be taken from us so young. God bless Brian We never met but you sound like a man I would have loved to meet rp

I was one of many of us that had a WAOM in Brian's honor, good speed to a great brother.

gallery_1983_179_40257.jpg

I have been sitting on this cigar for quite some time. I was planning on saving it for some special occasion; I thought it would always be for a celebration. But today as I rummaged through my cigars, it was the one. The Sig VI has been one of my favorites for quite some time, and I have wondered if the additional aging and having more filler per wrapper ratio would make a positive difference in the flavor of this cigar. I have to admit, it is damn tasty!

But I sit here in a chaos of emotions. I am celebrating the impact Brian has had in my life and realizing I have had a fuller life because of it. I am celebrating the fact that I am still alive and have more opportunities to learn, grow, and share in this physicality. And intellectually have come to the conclusion many times before that we continue on, how exactly I am not aware of, but energy is not destroyed it merely transforms to other forms. And I hope that I have the chance to interact with him again, in whatever form that may be.

But there is also a selfish side of me that regrets I didn't take more advantage of the time I did have with him, both physically and virtually. I think Brandon touched on something many of us are experiencing. We call ourselves a community, a brother/sisterhood, but it seemed as though it was a neat colloquialism based in a shared interest. And it wasn't until now that I have come to realize the depth that this community has touched my heart. It is his absence that has made me realize that he is one of many that have touched my life greatly here on CP, and I miss that I won't be able to share another cigar with him.

Several years ago an Indian Chief told me that tears are one of the highest forms of prayer. And I have shed several over this loss. It is my prayer that he is content, at peace, has no regrets and is embracing the next leg of his journey.

To you my brother! Cheers! You were a good man and had a big heart. You have been a great role model for your kids; I can see that in their posts. God Speed!

- C

Well last night was very quite! Just like others I have won a contest hosted by Brian, I have had the honor of participating in some events with Brian here on CP and it has just been a pleasure to know him!

So in honor of Brian the Chaplain, SFC Sellers and myself all had a Padrón 1964 Anni Diplo Maduro!

Very well put BD!

God speed Brian.

I lit up an Anejo Shark that I was saving for a special occasion.

I hated the cigar, but Brian's wisdom of smoking what you want when you can was playing through my head the whole time.

We will miss him.

A follow up to this post...

Linky...

Tonight is the first time I've had to get a smoke all week and I wanted to share...

We had a little family gathering at the house tonight for burgers. All my kids, plus a few extras. Simple night really, easy food, everyone brought something. We mostly just sat around and visited, had a few beers and ate.

I fired up the Davidoff, my son had a DPG Blue, and another very close friend had a La Riqueza (also a cigar gifted by Brian).

In the past, when I have extremely high expectations for a cigar, I had often feared they wouldn't live up to my hopes. With this in mind, I tried to suppress any thoughts what so ever about how it would be. It didn't work, but no worries this evening; it was fantastic! It was everything I had hoped for. Flawless construction, great burn, complex profile. Best of everything. It was extremely satisfying.

So as I sat on the patio smoking that cigar, visiting with my family and others, it struck me as perfect, that during a very casual evening, surrounded by the people I care for most, I would smoke a cigar in honor of a man such as Brian. I think this is the way he would have done it, smoking one of your best, casual gathering, taking it easy.

I shared with anyone who would listen this week about Brian and what he meant to me. I told of his generosity, his wisdom, and his pay it forward attitude. We toasted Brian tonight and I shared a couple of stories. It was a good and fitting night to reflect and remember.

No, I'm glad I waited to enjoy this fine cigar. With all the turmoil I have at work right now, it was good for me to be reminded of the truly important things in my life. Tonight was one of those and it won't be soon forgotten.

Thank you Brian. I am proud to call you "friend".