• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I finished my first Stone Anniversary 11th. Good beer, just not my cup of tea. I have 2 more bottles that I'll age and see if it gets better.

Gouden Carolus Carolus D'Or - Cuvée Van De Keizer

Thanks Jonas! Now I have a new addiction!

Hate to say I told you so but that beer is what caused me to fall in love with BSDA style.

Tonight I had the 2007 version of that Gran Cru as well as a Mojo Rising, De Dolle Stille Nacht, and a Paulaner oktoberfest. All were great, the Paulaner might be my favorite ofest.

Hate to say I told you so but that beer is what caused me to fall in love with BSDA style.

Tonight I had the 2007 version of that Gran Cru as well as a Mojo Rising, De Dolle Stille Nacht, and a Paulaner oktoberfest. All were great, the Paulaner might be my favorite ofest.

I had the Paulaner O'fest the other night, and I've got to agree.

Had my first Darklord from Three Floyds through the generosity of a friend. Woah! What a beer! Thick, rich, oily, cherries, chocolate, coffee, alcohol. Amazing flavor profile and amazingly drinkable. I am not sure its the best beer I have ever had, but it is on the short list and one of the most unique and full-flavored beers I've had.

Had my first Darklord from Three Floyds through the generosity of a friend. Woah! What a beer! Thick, rich, oily, cherries, chocolate, coffee, alcohol. Amazing flavor profile and amazingly drinkable. I am not sure its the best beer I have ever had, but it is on the short list and one of the most unique and full-flavored beers I've had.
I envy you bro... Sounds amazing!!! :thumbs:

Tonight was a good night....I drank an Aventinus brewed in 2002 gifted to me from none other then Aventinus during the B.I.F. ......paired it with a CoRo from 2003 gifted to me from jfields. Damn, talk about a good beer!! I didn't know what to expect since I've never tried a wheat doppelbock before, but this was a damn fine beer! Thanks Pete for allowing me this pleasure!

Tonight was a good night....I drank an Aventinus brewed in 2002 gifted to me from none other then Aventinus during the B.I.F. ......paired it with a CoRo from 2003 gifted to me from jfields. Damn, talk about a good beer!! I didn't know what to expect since I've never tried a wheat doppelbock before, but this was a damn fine beer! Thanks Pete for allowing me this pleasure!

Glad you enjoyed it, sounds like a awesome evening. Dopplebock is one of my favorite beers to pair with a cigar. If you ever see the Aventinus Eisbock give it a try as well!

Last night I drank the bottle of Avery Beast I drank a few months ago. I guess the best way to describe it would be port beer. It was extremely sweet. I probably should have let it sit for over a year as the sweetness was too much. Good beer, just not for me.

Figured I'd resurrect this thread since it seems we have some new guys on here lately that enjoy good beer.

Tonight I had the first bottle out of my case of Sinebrychoff Porter that I got from a buddy for Christmas. Nice roasted malt, chocolate, and coffee flavors, but a little rough around the edges. I think it'll come together nicely with a little time in the cellar. :thumbs:

Figured I'd resurrect this thread since it seems we have some new guys on here lately that enjoy good beer.

Tonight I had the first bottle out of my case of Sinebrychoff Porter that I got from a buddy for Christmas. Nice roasted malt, chocolate, and coffee flavors, but a little rough around the edges. I think it'll come together nicely with a little time in the cellar. :thumbs:
Sounds like a damn fine beer Justin! I had a Mikkellers Black Hole....well it was $10 that went down the black hole of the kitchen sink drain! :laugh:

Sounds like a damn fine beer Justin! I had a Mikkellers Black Hole....well it was $10 that went down the black hole of the kitchen sink drain! :laugh:

Haha, RIS aren't for everybody. Based on what you like Brian, I'd definitely recommend trying the Sinebrychoff. Okocim makes a fantastic baltic too.

Stone RIS paired with an 05 Cuban Beli. Fuggin bliss.

Picked up a case of '07 Bigfoot, so I figured I'd see how the '05s are drinking. Very well I must say. :thumbs:

Dieu du Ciel, Pêché Mortel

I have a question, did you (do you) enjoy the Peche Mortel? I had it as part of our recent stout tasting and it was awful. Tasted like a musty ashtray, in fact it was the only drain pour of the night.

Last week had a Nogne O Imperial Stout ... WOW !!!! I was really impressed.

Flavors of chocolate, espresso, and roasted grains, with burnt caramel and a little bit of smoke. A great beer from Norway.

Had a Samuel Smith Imperial Stout tonight, mmm mmm Delish!

Status
Not open for further replies.