• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the Avery Fourteen and a Storm King Stout tonight. The Storm King was great as always, as was the Fourteen although it is nothing like any Belgian Strong Dark I have ever had. I would classify more as an American Strong Ale.

Some Balkan Lager washed down with some home made Port....... OMG I am addicted......

Now all I have to do is figure out how to keep it down :cool:

I have been drinking a lot of Lefthand sawtooth this summer.To night I had a Montecruz with them. The beer was sweet the Montecruz was o.k kind of spicy and strong.
img313801pv3.jpg

Had a Rogue Old Crustacean tonight with a Monte 4. Great cigar with an ok beer. I don't know if I just expect to much of Rogue beers due to all the hype they get, but I'm always left underwhelmed.

Had a Duck Rabbit Brown Ale with a RyJ Cazadores......both were really good!

Couple gallons of Blackfoot River IPA.

Needless to say, I'm all sorts of messed up! :thumbs:

WhoooooHoooo my favorite time of year is here again!

I'm drinking a Paulaner Oktoberfest beer ATM and I have a mixed case of Hacker-Pschorr and Paulaner Oktoberfest beer in the fridge :D

Last night we had a 2004 Old Gaurdian, and a Big Sky Stone Thrower Scotch Ale which were both excellent.

The OG had mellowed quite a bit which left a nice balance of sweet maltiness and hoppy bitterness. Fantastic.

The Stone Thrower seemed more like a Belgian Pale then a wee heavy. It was refeshing and crisp with a nose and taste of granny smith apples among other things. Great beer, thanks Justin!

EDIT: We also had an Edge City IPA by Bristol Brewing here in CO. It is a kick ass Double IPA. :thumbs:

WhoooooHoooo my favorite time of year is here again!

I'm drinking a Paulaner Oktoberfest beer ATM and I have a mixed case of Hacker-Pschorr and Paulaner Oktoberfest beer in the fridge :D

I just saw my first Oktoberfest of the season so I'm with you Wurm! Gotta love this time of year.

Last night we had a 2004 Old Gaurdian, and a Big Sky Stone Thrower Scotch Ale which were both excellent.

The OG had mellowed quite a bit which left a nice balance of sweet maltiness and hoppy bitterness. Fantastic.

The Stone Thrower seemed more like a Belgian Pale then a wee heavy. It was refeshing and crisp with a nose and taste of granny smith apples among other things. Great beer, thanks Justin!

Glad you liked it Jonas. I haven't actually tried one yet, but it looked interested so I picked up a couple and sent you one. :blush:

Guess I'll have to give one a try now.

North Coast Old Plowshare Stout last night.
For some reason the Organic label made me a bit suspicious, but it was a great stout.
Lots of the fruity flavors I enjoy in English stouts, but a nice dose of American hops.
Makes a good little brother to Old Rasputin.

Last night we were at our favorite local brew pub and after a couple of glasses of their barleywine we decided to order off the vintage beer list. :whistling:

First we had a 2002 Gouden Carolus Carolus D'Or - Grand Cru Of The Emperor. :love:

Second we had a 2002 La Folie Wood Aged Beer.

Had a Goose Island Bourbon County Stout last night courtesy of Aventinus. Damn, talk about a beer catching me off guard! This was my first bourbon stout and I really enoyed it. It poured pitch black with no head and you could smell the alcohol in it. Very smooth beer that I had to sip because of the abv and dominant bourbon flavor. Paired it with a CoRo and loved both. Thanks Pete!

Edit to take AVB out of my beer. :laugh:

Had a Goose Island Bourbon County Stout last night courtesy of Aventinus. Damn, talk about a beer catching me off guard! This was my first bourbon stout and I really enoyed it. It poured pitch black with no head and you could smell the alcohol in it. Very smooth beer that I had to sip because of the abv and dominant bourbon flavor. Paired it with a CoRo and loved both. Thanks Pete!

Edit to take AVB out of my beer. :laugh:

Glad you enjoyed it! It's definitely a sipper. I hope it comes back around this winter, I only have one bottle left. Sounds like a great combination. I drank one with an Opus PL, and I think the beer overpowered it!

Sipping on an Old Ruffian Barleywine. Yum! Great price point for this beer. Had a Stone IPA with dinner. Nice to relax to some tunes and good beer.

Last night was Boddington's Pub Ale....If you've never had it you should try it...A nice creamy ale that goes down super smooth with no gassiness....Paired it with ERDM Robusto. Awesome combo that I will definatly try again

Status
Not open for further replies.