• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had some Dale's Pale Ale last night. Quickly becoming one of my go to's! :thumbs:

Dales Pale Ale is awesome! There is a place here in Greenville with it on Draught. You ever tried Oskar Blues Gordons? Another incredible beer!

Had some Dale's Pale Ale last night. Quickly becoming one of my go to's! :thumbs:

Dales Pale Ale is awesome! There is a place here in Greenville with it on Draught. You ever tried Oskar Blues Gordons? Another incredible beer!

Actually, Gordon's the only one I haven't had. Ten Fidy, Dale's, and Old Chub are all great beers though, so I'm sure the same is true of Gordon. I'm not sure why they don't carry it at the shop here.

Just popped open a Mackeson Triple XXX Stout and I have to say it is good stuff. I thought with a name like triple xxx it would be super strong but it is pretty sweet like a double chocolate stout. :thumbs:

Sweet Water Brewery out of Georgia, has a seasonal ale right now called Happy Ending and it is an imperial stout that is out of this world! If you can get your hands on any of the beers they make, they are all really tasty!

Edited for spelling.

Today had the following on draught and they were all very tasty!
Bells Two Hearted
Sweet Water Happy Ending
Sierra Nevada Big Foot 2008

Bells Two Hearted
Sweet Water Happy Ending

Bells Two Hearted
Sweet Water Happy Ending

Love the Two Hearted, one of my favorite IPA's. Been drinking a lot of Bell's lately.
Had my first 2008 Big Foot last night. I've been drinking some older ones as well. I like it best with a year or two on it.

Two Hearted is DYNOMITE!!. I really enjoyed the 1.5 gallon mini kegs they came out with as well. Dales Pale Ale has them also. I have a 6 pack of the 07 Big Foot aging now, but have not tasted anything older. Another really good Barley Wine is Old Stock Ale.

How do you age the big foot, just leave it in the fridge? I got a sixer of the 2007 and had one but it had a much too bitter finish for me. If aging will level out that bitterness then I would be willing to try it.

How do you age the big foot, just leave it in the fridge? I got a sixer of the 2007 and had one but it had a much too bitter finish for me. If aging will level out that bitterness then I would be willing to try it.

You probably don't want to age it in you fridge. Find a place that the temp stays pretty constant, in the low to mid 50s would be ideal, but a consistant temp is more important. BA has a pretty good page concerning aging too. Link

Hope this helps. BTW, some age will definitely take the edge off the bitterness.

I just bought a 4-pack of Duchesse de Bourgogne on Friday, and have enjoyed a couple bottles over the weekend. It's a very "different" beer than any I've had before, being a Belgian sour ale. It's a blend of 8 and 18 month ales matured in oak. Its aroma is strong vinegar (malt vinegar and red wine vinegar, not white vinegar), but its flavor is very sweet and fruity, with some acidity but nothing on the order of the smell. It's actually very good, but definitely not a session beer.

Bought pops a Tres Pistoles and a 6er of Holland oatmeal stout for helping with the snow when I was gone. The Tres was very different. Nice beer though. Light and fruity, just like Sell.....

Aging it will mellow it out for sure. I have always kept it in the pantry. All you want is a good dark place thats not to hot and not to cold.

Drank alot of very good beers.
Drank some of my neighbors home brews
A clone of the Dog Fish Head Brown ale although he added his own twist and made it a good bit more hoppier, Incredible brew!!
Imperial Pilsner
Stone IPA
Speakeasy Big Daddy IPA
Waiting for a Bells Two Hearted Clone and a Sierra Celebration Clone thats fermenting now.
Cheers!

Bought pops a Tres Pistoles and a 6er of Holland oatmeal stout for helping with the snow when I was gone. The Tres was very different. Nice beer though. Light and fruity, just like Sell.....

Hardy fuggin har!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just had a bottle of the 2008 Big Foot ale. An awesome beer that will be better with age. Big Foot definitely loses its bitterness with age. I fortunately live close to the Stuffed Sandwich which has aged Big foot on tap and in bottle. I drank one from 2000 the other night. As it loses its bitterness it becomes sweeter and maltier. They sell bottle's that you can take home. I picked 4 different years from the 90's. I have yet to crack one open but will report back.

Nic

I just had a bottle of the 2008 Big Foot ale. An awesome beer that will be better with age. Big Foot definitely loses its bitterness with age. I fortunately live close to the Stuffed Sandwich which has aged Big foot on tap and in bottle. I drank one from 2000 the other night. As it loses its bitterness it becomes sweeter and maltier. They sell bottle's that you can take home. I picked 4 different years from the 90's. I have yet to crack one open but will report back.

Nic

That's really cool! How much do they charge for a bottle from the 90's?

Nic
Thats awesome! Let us know how they are.

Last night I enjoyed an Avery "Old Jubilation", a beer I received in trade with Jonas. Very nice, malty and smooth...perfect for a cold winter's night. I also had the Flying Dog Winter Ale he sent me, and enjoyed that as well.

Jonas, you may be interested to know that I went to the Beer Yard today to get a case of Troegs Nugget Nectar (which I will be trying tonight), and saw that they carried both Avery AND Flying Dog beers.

Status
Not open for further replies.