• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smuttynose IPA. This is a good one. Here's a photo of my good friends Cy and Paul Livin' it up with a cold bottle of the aforementioned brew. Linky Now, they ain't rednecks, they're what we call woodchucks around these here parts.

Doc.

Smuttynose IPA. This is a good one. Here's a photo of my good friends Cy and Paul Livin' it up with a cold bottle of the aforementioned brew. Linky Now, they ain't rednecks, they're what we call woodchucks around these here parts.

Doc.

Only had it a couple times but thats a good beer Doc, I love the label. Those guys should be widdling wood.

Doc.

So which one of them is really you?

Never had the IPA, but their Imperial Stout is fantastic. I've been trying to hunt down their Baltic Porter for a while now.

Last night it was two bottles of Founder's Breakfast Stout (don't worry, it wasn't the Kentucky variety, Jonas) at Monk's after a cigar at Mahogany with fellow BOTL Carps. Man oh man is that some good stuff. What a great way to start the morning THAT would be! :thumbs:

Last night it was two bottles of Founder's Breakfast Stout (don't worry, it wasn't the Kentucky variety, Jonas) at Monk's after a cigar at Mahogany with fellow BOTL Carps. Man oh man is that some good stuff. What a great way to start the morning THAT would be! :thumbs:

That stuff is fantastic Mike!

I had a Capt Lawrence Nor'easter last night that rob300c picked up for me that was amazing! Tasted almost like a cross between an imperial stout and a BSDA.

There is a brewery in Fort Worth, TX called Rahr and Sons that does a tour and tasting every Saturday for 2 hours. Once you buy a pint glass for $5 you can bring it back any other Saturday and drink for free. You usually get 4 tokens worth 1 beer a piece but today they gave out 3 tokens and a ticket. The ticket was to be one of the best beers I've had in a long time.

It was their Winter Warmer (which is my favorite of their beers) but it had been aged in bourbon barrels from Maker's Mark. Wow this stuff was good. It had a creamy almost chocolate milk taste to it and you could smell the bourbon in the nosing. Now I wish they would sell the stuff in stores...I would buy a few cases of it but i'm pretty sure it's only a small batch that was aged in the barrels.

Harpoon IPA. A good introduction to the wonders of India Pale Ale if you haven't tried one yet.

Doc.

This weekend we had a few good beers:

DFH 120 (FRESH - bottled 1/17/08)
Fort Collins Brewery Double Chocolate Stout
Duck Rabbit Brown Ale
Bell's Hopslam
V-Twelve

All were good but the best of the weekend was the Hopslam, great beer. I am slightly biased as I am on a huge hop kick lately. All hail the double IPA! :thumbs:
Jonas, what did you think about the V-12? If you're on a hop-bender right now, have you ever tried the Troegs Nugget Nectar?

I myself have been looking for Nugget Nectar with no luck :( . Do you know of anyone that carries it that would ship to California? ???

That sure was some tasty stuff. I'm glad I got to meet you Mike and talk cigars over a little breakfast.

Rogue Chocolate Stout with a DC Maximus. A little odd seeing chocolate residue at the bottom of the glass, a decent offering for a change of pace. I'll stick with the Oatmeals and Imperials in the future though.

Nostradamus. Not bad, not that great. I won't be buying it again.

A couple days ago: St. Bernardus Tripel. Delicious. Definitely will be buying it again. Soon. In quantity.

This weekend we had a few good beers:

DFH 120 (FRESH - bottled 1/17/08)
Fort Collins Brewery Double Chocolate Stout
Duck Rabbit Brown Ale
Bell's Hopslam
V-Twelve

All were good but the best of the weekend was the Hopslam, great beer. I am slightly biased as I am on a huge hop kick lately. All hail the double IPA! :thumbs:
Jonas, what did you think about the V-12? If you're on a hop-bender right now, have you ever tried the Troegs Nugget Nectar?

The V-12 was excellent as always. Thankfully that is one Victory 750 I can get out here. Nope, never had the Troegs Nugget Nectar. Typically I am not a big fan of Amber/Red Ales but it sounds like Nugget Nectar isn't your typical Red Ale..

Young's Double Chocolate Stout and a Breckinridge Oatmeal Stout....both were excellent!

Last night Sierra Nevada Bigfoot
Tonight Samual Adams Black Lager

Had a Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier the other night. If you like Hefeweizen this is the beer for you!

Stone Smoked Porter, Thanks California bomber! It's been a while since I've had it. Nice amount of smoke, but not overwhelming and a good base beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.