• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A magnum of Anchor 2010 Christmas Ale and a couple of River Horse Oatmeal Milk Stouts.

Black Butte Porter and Rio Blanco Pale Ale last night. The porter was very nice, the pale ale very decent and drinkable but not anything too exciting.

Christmas Eve: SN Celebration Ale, Broo Doo Harvest Ale from Three Floyds, and Barrel Aged Old Rasputin XIV.

Christmas Day: Rogue Santa's Private Reserve, Pelican Le Pelican Brun, and Deschutes The Stoic.

I broke down and drank one of my bottle of Stone Vertical Epic 11. Interesting.

A magnum of Anchor 2010 Christmas Ale and a couple of River Horse Oatmeal Milk Stouts.
Did a three year vertical of Anchor Christmas Ale from '09 to '11 they had recently run out of the '08 last week. Tonight I've had the Vanilla Doubledog and Rahr's Winter Warmer, so far. Fells like a drinking night in-laws around be damned! Actually, I'm a happy drunk so my wife gives me beer when I've been grumpy.

Drank some southern tier beers today, iniquity Imperial Black Ale, oak aged unearthly, and some Krampus.

Had a Southern Tier Choklat I got from my Beer SS along with some chocolate gingersnaps I made. These went great together. However, drinking Southern tiers for me is always a bittersweet moment. I really like them but they are so darned hard to get a hold of.

Started off mid day with a Goose Island IPA (Thanks to Ben!), and following up with a Lagunitas Sucks Holiday Ale. Both are excellent examples of a solidly balanced IPA.

Decided to try and kill a magnum of the Anchor Christmas Ale from last year in one sitting. "Fell asleep" on the couch with about two fingers left in the bottom. :laugh:

me and some friends will be going through 4 different Mikkeller Barrel Aged Black Holes. Bourbon, Scotch, Cognac and Rum.

Kern River Brewing Co. Just Outstanding IPA from the bottle with lunch at Whole Foods.

Lemme catch up from before X-Mas.
Alesmith Speedway Stout from my SS(delicious!), a Boulevard Saison, and an Avery Meph from 2010(whew! gotta get some more of these!)
After X-Mas a Czar Imperial '11(the more I drank, the more I liked), Boulevard Harvest Dance(going to grab another bottle and let it age a bit), Fat Tire Abbey Ale, and a Leinenkugel's Creamy Dark.

Has anyone tried Leinenkugel's Imperial Russian Stout or Widmer's W'12?

Ladyface Midnight Oil
Ladyface Trappistine
Ladyface Midnight Special
Kern River Pumpkin Ale (one of the better ones I've ever had)

Mendocino brewing co. Blackhawk stout it was a good clean stout very nice!
6b3f3cad-f608-1b75.jpg

Bruery Cuir
FW Parabola
NB La Folie
Drie Fonteinen Oude Gueze
Southern Tier Jah Va
GD Yeti

New Years Day herf with the crew at the B&M.

I had a couple of home brews.
Labatt Brown Ale
Southern Tier Cuvee 3
Southern Tier 2X Stout

And from my Secret Santa
Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye
Hoptopia

Thanks again, Santa. Those two beers were well received.

Has anyone tried Leinenkugel's Imperial Russian Stout or Widmer's W'12?

Joe, I've had the W'11 from Widmer.....it's ok fresh, but even better with a touch of age on it. It's a super roasty RIS, not as complex as other RIS' that I love. One of the best offerings from Widmer in my opinion.

Billy, what did you think of Cuir? Not sure if you told me you've had it before. Probably in my top 3 (along with Class X, and I'd have to think of another) all time. Expensive, but so worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.