• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting off the night with a Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic. I actually think this is not too shabby for a wheat fruit beer, although this is no lambic, by any means. Very toned down and bitter, and just a hint of tartness...Headed to a tasting tonight with Jeff(The Black Cloud) and possibly Mike(MAS_Puros)...who knows what'll get popped there.

Do tell Mr. Hobs. :)

Had a Pliny from 1-11-11 the other day. Was good, but like these way better fresh. Also tried Guinness Black Lager for the first time.....Interesting.

I'm not sure what we didn't pop open. There was quite a collection of empty bottles by the time we were done and I can't remember the names of most of 'em. I can say that in the tasting the 3 "winners" were a Schlafly barleywine and stout and 3rd place went to a friend's homebrew pale ale.

In the pre-tasting drinking we cracked open a bottle of '10 Abyss that was phenomenal. Those 4 beers were my favorites of the whole night. I brought a bottle of SN 30th Anni Grand Cru which I liked a lot, Disputin' which was good but I had no idea it was a sour stout, and Justin's vanilla bourbon porter which was solid but a tad over-carbonated.

We popped open a Smoke from the Oak which gushed immediately (that's 3 straight strikeouts with that beer being infected), however the sight of my buddy trying to cover it with his mouth to try to stop the gushing so he could get to a sink was the comedic highlight of the night.

Picked up a Shiner "Family Tradition" sixer (six different brews) for the fish fry at my local cigar lounge today---one of them, "Old Country Alt" I hadn't seen before and think is probably only available in the sampler. Outstanding beer! (the fish fry was terrific, too)

~Boar

Had an Outer Darkness from Squatters last night that was delicious. It did have one major drawback... I followed it with a 2011 Abyss. I can't wait to see what Abyss will taste like as it ages.

Had an Outer Darkness from Squatters last night that was delicious. It did have one major drawback... I followed it with a 2011 Abyss. I can't wait to see what Abyss will taste like as it ages.

Have you had 2010 Abyss, Joe? I have heard this years isn't quite as good. Hopefully my local will stash me a bottle. We are getting limited distro this year for some reason. I got 5 bottles last year!

I had the NB Lips of Faith Fresh Hop IPA today...not too shabby. The majority of the LOF series is pretty solid I think....

And ditto on what Jeff said about last nights tasting....so many to name...so much deliciousness...

No, I missed the 2010. People raved about it and the 11, but no one compared the two. I don't think many people managed to get enough to have more than a taste. Our distro was crap too. Most places limited sales to one bottle per person.
I know it hit stores last Wed and Fri, but was completely sold out by Fri night.

Had a bomber of Olde Richmond No. 11 IPA last night. :thumbs:

I had a few Pa's last night. Then had a friend stop by so we opened up the humidor and grabbed a bottle of the Firestone Walker 15th Anny. Holy shit is that a great beer.

After being invited to a great shindig tasting this past friday night and spending saturday at the park I needed a little relaxation, so I poped open a CITRA on sunday .... mMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMM Good! :love:

Drinking some homebrew ESB while at work. I made it here figured I could drink it here.

2011 Fantome De Noel.....soooooo, is this a Saison or a frickin' Lambic? Sure tastes like a fruit lambic to me...fairly tasty!

2011 Fantome De Noel.....soooooo, is this a Saison or a frickin' Lambic? Sure tastes like a fruit lambic to me...fairly tasty!

Fantome is definitely a saison, but they have a house lacto infection that can be pretty strong in some bottles, and rather mild in others. Fantome has to be one of the most inconsistent breweries from bottle to bottle, but when they're on they're amazing, and when they aren't quite right, they're still great.

Drank a six pack of Guinness Black Lager last night, then followed it with a Bourbon Barrel Quad. My back really hurts today and I've no idea how I did it....... Good times. :laugh:

Picked up a Shiner "Family Tradition" sixer (six different brews) for the fish fry at my local cigar lounge today---one of them, "Old Country Alt" I hadn't seen before and think is probably only available in the sampler. Outstanding beer! (the fish fry was terrific, too)

~Boar

I was inspired to try a "Family Tradition" as well, the Alt and the Kosmos were both better than I expected. Wish they sold them in 6rs. Been revisiting old favorites and trying some new stuff. Convict Hill Oatmeal Stout, Rahr's Winter Seasonal and another Stoic. I'm not much on chain brewpubs but tried BJs Brewhouse Friday night. 2 pints of their Tatonka Imperial went down nicely. I had to break into my SS stash and started with a Mischief. A little too sour when it first opened and very very hoppy but it seemed to even out over time. the second half of the bottle went down well with some brisket tacos.

Status
Not open for further replies.