• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleaning out the "winter" beers to make space for the saisons, pilsners and farmhouse ales, so I had a Gang Aft Agly Wee Heavy and an Old Rasputin. Neither really did much for me. I was looking forward to the Old Ras, as it was my first, but I found the alcohol much too forward in the nose and the taste...somewhat medicinal. Oh, well...One more "stout night" with a friend and then it's on to the summer beers.

Funny you say that Mike, I had an Old Rasputin last night as well! I actually really enjoyed mine, give it another shot! :D

Cleaning out the "winter" beers to make space for the saisons, pilsners and farmhouse ales, so I had a Gang Aft Agly Wee Heavy and an Old Rasputin. Neither really did much for me. I was looking forward to the Old Ras, as it was my first, but I found the alcohol much too forward in the nose and the taste...somewhat medicinal. Oh, well...One more "stout night" with a friend and then it's on to the summer beers.

Funny you say that Mike, I had an Old Rasputin last night as well! I actually really enjoyed mine, give it another shot! :D
I shall, but it will have to wait 'till this fall/winter. I'm a "seasonal" drinker ;)

I know, I know, Justin...it's always the season for RIS, barleywines and quads, right?

I shall, but it will have to wait 'till this fall/winter. I'm a "seasonal" drinker ;)

I know, I know, Justin...it's always the season for RIS, barleywines and quads, right?

Throw DIPA's in that mix and YES!

Damn skippy! Hopefully by next fall the OR should be a little better though I guess.

Throw DIPA's in that mix and YES!
See, well that goes w/o saying for hopheads like you and me. I just picked up a bottle of Avery Maharaja and Port Hop-15 take up the free space in the fridge vacated by these past two beers.

Tonight I had a Hop Wallop and some Racer 5. The Hop Wallop was too much for me, but the Racer 5 was very good.

I finished off my last O'dell Cutthroat Porter last night. Not a bad brew at all, but I don't think I'll by buying any more of it, considering that Fuller's and Anchor porters are so readily available and pretty much the top of the heap.

Forgot to stop and get some Dos Equis on the way home, so I had to settle for a Stone IRS. I confirmed that Escondido was in fact a Spanish name before hand. :D

Tonight I enjoyed a Kona Pipeline Porter sent as a "Thank You" for the Nugget Nectar group-buy. Not as "coffee-y" (sp?) as I would have thought, but still a tasty porter. Thanks, Adrian!

I had a New Belgium Abbey with dinner and the a DFH Chicory Stout with some ice cream. Both were good.

Just poured this, review to come...

b_030850.jpg

Skull Splitter Scotch Ale with a Padilla 1932 Robusto. I've been working my ass off at my new job, and the boss let us off early today.
I also picked up some 2006 Goose Island Matilda, some of the new batch of Schneider-Brooklyner Hopfen Weiss, and a bottle of Harviestoun Ola Dubh 16 year old. I plan on doing some drinking this weekend!

I had a Tangerine Wheat by Lost Coast Brewery and Cafe ... this was no beer, it was an Orangina Soda.

This was an odd beer, had to follow it up with a Gouden Carolus Carolus D'Or - Cuvée Van De Keizer...I was saved! :blush: :laugh:

This was an odd beer, had to follow it up with a Gouden Carolus Carolus D'Or - Cuvée Van De Keizer...I was saved! :blush: :laugh:

One of my all time favorites! I had a Poor Richard's Tavern Spruce Ale that Philly Mike sent me. It was very good, and not at all what I expected. I assumed it would be piney tasting from the spruce tips, but it was very sweet from the molasses and had a huge citrus finish. Strongest lemon flavor I've ever experienced in a beer, but it was a perfect balance. It was very drinkable and delicious. I can't wait to try the other "Beers of the Revolution" now. Thanks again Mike.

One of my all time favorites! I had a Poor Richard's Tavern Spruce Ale that Philly Mike sent me. It was very good, and not at all what I expected. I assumed it would be piney tasting from the spruce tips, but it was very sweet from the molasses and had a huge citrus finish. Strongest lemon flavor I've ever experienced in a beer, but it was a perfect balance. It was very drinkable and delicious. I can't wait to try the other "Beers of the Revolution" now. Thanks again Mike.

Nice I have one of these waiting to be opened .... thanks Mike!

Had this last night and it was a WOW'zer, they claim its the worlds ONLY Wheat Double IS... didn't notice a lot of wheat but it was good.

71102.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.