• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my first Baltic Thunder and Allagash FOUR. Both were amazing, but I've got to give the nod to the FOUR. Yeah Yeah, I know. :blush:
Damn, you Justin...all you're ever getting from me from now on is Quads and stuff aged in oak. I'll get a WOW out of you if it kills me!

Had my first Baltic Thunder and Allagash FOUR. Both were amazing, but I've got to give the nod to the FOUR. Yeah Yeah, I know. :blush:
Damn, you Justin...all you're ever getting from me from now on is Quads and stuff aged in oak. I'll get a WOW out of you if it kills me!

I said it was amazing? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

When I do a review of one I'll throw in a "WOW" just for you. :love:

It's a great beer, my preference in style is what won out.

Drank an Okacim Porter gifted to me by Justin (thanks again). I'm a big Porter fan and this has to be the best I've had!

I said it was amazing? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

When I do a review of one I'll throw in a "WOW" just for you. :love:

It's a great beer, my preference in style is what won out.
I'm just kidding, y'know. ;) I have a few more local tricks up my sleeve for you...don't worry.

Oh it was all about the Hops tonight...Troegs Nugget Nectar, DFH 90min DIPA, and Sam Adams Hallertau Imperial Pilsner. Having never had the last two before, I think they deserve more of my undivided attention in the future. Good stuff all around, though!

Well, my first experience with Brother Thelonious.. got to say a pleasant one. Light for a belgian style, 9.4%, fairly hoppy, a lot of light flowery aromas, nice mouthfeel. Just bitter enough that it goes down easy and strong enough you know you're drinking serious beer. As with most belgians, I'm drinking it at near-room temp, 'closet' temperature, probably 68F. and like it best that way. Minor head, not obnoxiously foamy, small bubbles, good yeast taste.. Hard to find anything wrong with this beer, get right down to it, other'n the fact that drinking several large mugs might leave you under the table smiling and snoring.. Dang Good Beer, and I suggest if you open the second one you eat a large sandwich.. :) this one might NOT be the one to drink at lunchtime..

Went traditional. Guinness from the tap at the Plymouth Tavern downtown. They don't allow cigars in the evening, though.

Smithwicks Irish Ale, made by Guinness. Can't believe it took me this long to try this beer. Fantastic flavor, very unique.

Having some Victory Hop Devil. It's been a while and I forgot just how great it is.

Having some Victory Hop Devil. It's been a while and I forgot just how great it is.
First off, how dare you ever forget?! Second, what a coincidence! I had two on draft last night at a little "networking" happy hour.

Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale. The bitter notes of an IPA with the sweetness of a porter. Went great with my Genoa salami and provolone sandwich. So great in fact I had two. The second with a El Rey de los Habanos corona.

Doc.

Ten Fidy and The Abyss, followed by a couple Hop Devils last night.

It was a good night.

What didn't I drink this weekend is more like it :blush: ?

Let's see:
  • Stone Ruination IPA
  • Stone IRS
  • Stone Smoked Porter
  • Sierra Nevada Porter
  • Sierra Nevada Stout
  • Firestone Walker's Reserve
  • Affligem Dubbel
  • De Dolle Oerbier Special Reserva
  • Maudite
  • Samuel Adams Black Lager
  • Sea Dog Riverdriver Hazelnut Porter
  • Had one, forgot the name, that I had to poured down the toilet (smelled and tasted really bad like somked bacon)
  • Rogue St. Rogue Red
  • Rogue Dad's Little Helper

Had a blast in Vegas, from what I can remember.. :rolleyes: :whistling:

Finished up a growler of Goose Island Russian Imperial Stout. Started it over the weekend. Nice thing about this beer, it was still good even with the loss of some carbonation. They make good product at Goose Island. :)

Finished up a growler of Goose Island Russian Imperial Stout. Started it over the weekend. Nice thing about this beer, it was still good even with the loss of some carbonation. They make good product at Goose Island. :)

It was great on tap at the brewpub over spring break. I'm kicking myself for not bringing a growler home.

Lost Abbey Serpent's Stout, WOW this thing is like drinking 30W Oil...great beer my only complaint was the alcohol was very noticeable.

I was in the mood for something different tonight so I had a bottle of Cantillon Kriek 100% Lambic. When I'm in the mood, I really enjoy good lambics, and this one didn't disappoint.

Jonas and I worked out a cigars for beer trade last week. Tonight, I decided to crack one of the bottles open. I went with the Breckenridge Pandora's Bock. It was excellent!! Thanks again Jonas for hooking me up with all these fine beers. :thumbs:

I decided to just add to this one instead of making a new post. Tonight during the first half of the KU game, I enjoyed another from Jonas... Chocolate Stout from Fort Collins Brewery. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.