• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went with a couple of friends to a local brewery (75th St. Brewery) a couple of days ago and had their IPA and wheat beer. IPA was great, wheat not so much. Too bad they don't bottle the IPA....

Tonight I had some Bells Two Hearted Ale which was impressive and Boulevard Saison w/ Brett. The Saison was freakin' great; I haven't had many of the style, but it was pretty amazing imo.

See if you can find some of the St. Dupont saisons Mike, my favorite is Foret, but they're all solid.

I'm drinking my first bottle from a batch of Apfelwein, just about carbed enough to stick them down in the cellar.

I had a bomber of keegan ales imperial joe mamas milk stout while picnicing in the park for the gf's birrhday. She had a fresh filled bomber of ommegang rouge, which of course I also tried and thought was solid.

Pigs ass porter. Thanks Justin! This porter is great and a terrific session beer imho.

Yesterday I went to Southern Tier and had a Big Red and a Cuvee 2. Later that night, I opened a bomber of their Jah-Va stout, lit a Nub maduro, and watched the sun set over Lake Erie.

Pigs ass porter. Thanks Justin! This porter is great and a terrific session beer imho.
I totally agree with you David, this is an excellent porter...great flavor and very drinkable!

Over the weekend: Leinenkugles Sunset Wheat and some Flying Fish. Ill be getting the FF summerbrews real soon....

Last night had a Maredsous Bruin ... eh didn't like it to much only got half way on the 750 bottle,
so I washed down the taste with a Surly Bender :thumbs:

I drank a Sierra Nevada Big Foot (Barleywine Ale) while smoking a CAO Brazilia last night. That is one heavy beer! It almost overpowered the flavor of the cigar. Tons of hops (as you would expect from Sierra Nevada) and malt flavors.

Bottle of my homebrew dubbel that isn't quite carbed yet, but I think will end up decent and my last bottle of Rye PA from my first AG batch. :(

Oh shit! I was supposed to send you one of these wasn't I Cali Mike! I've got another batch fermenting and I'll put some in a bottle for you. Might bring the keg to GABF if you make it.

Bottle of my homebrew dubbel that isn't quite carbed yet, but I think will end up decent and my last bottle of Rye PA from my first AG batch. :(

Oh shit! I was supposed to send you one of these wasn't I Cali Mike! I've got another batch fermenting and I'll put some in a bottle for you. Might bring the keg to GABF if you make it.
LMAO.

No sweat Justin I will just some from you keg...you are all going to the Thursday event right?

LMAO.

No sweat Justin I will just some from you keg...you are all going to the Thursday event right?

Yep

Had some flat warm stout, couldn't resist drinking what wouldn't fill a whole bottle last night. Also had Flying Dog's Gonzo Imperial Porter.

I had a Fat Tire a couple days ago that I picked up while I was down in Indy. It was in a special commemorative bottle saying this is the first year that they are available in Indiana. Overall it was an excellent beer, very good balance and very good hop flavor. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would defnitely pick up some more if I find it locally.

I drank a Sierra Nevada Big Foot (Barleywine Ale) while smoking a CAO Brazilia last night. That is one heavy beer! It almost overpowered the flavor of the cigar. Tons of hops (as you would expect from Sierra Nevada) and malt flavors.

I had one of these a couple of weeks ago. Afterwards I had a Goose Island IPA and didn't care for it that much because it tasted kind of watery. I tried one of the Goose Island IPA's a few nights later again and found it was actually a really solid brew, I just couldn't taste it after drinking that thick Big foot. The Big Foot is a big brew that is fun, but I don't know if I would want more than one bottle. Pretty high ABV too if I remember... 8.9% or something???

Founders Brewery welcome to MN!

Founders IPA
Founders Red Rye
Rush River Bubblejack IPA

Three very good beers. The Rush River is a fantastic IPA for $8 a sixer. The Red Rye has a very nice grapefruit finish. MN's selection just got that much better...

Founders Brewery welcome to MN!

Founders IPA
Founders Red Rye
Rush River Bubblejack IPA

Three very good beers. The Rush River is a fantastic IPA for $8 a sixer. The Red Rye has a very nice grapefruit finish. MN's selection just got that much better...

Word! Missouri just got Founder's as well. Not enough of it though because I didn't get any of the Centennial IPA. I could see myself drinking a lot of the Red Rye. The Old Curmudgeon is fantastic as well. Great oak flavor and lots of malt. It would be better in the winter however. It's too damm hot here!

Working on the last Goose Island Pale Ale from a sixer I bought a while ago. Good stuff, my stock is running low though, so I need to make it out and get the fridge stocked up again.

Stone Smoked Porter with some burgers on the grill. Good beer, but was hoping for a little more complexity in it. It did beer nicely with the burgers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.