• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One word...... DUFF
2011-05-26_18-37-27_94.jpg

Actually, this deserves three words....DUFF sucks. Blech

Had to drain pour a bottle of Bruery Black Orchard that I've had since December. DAMN YOU, WILD YEAST!!! Sipping on some Sculpin right now.

Won't be on later, so I'll pre-post. Tonight is going to be my favored Guinness Extra Stout, as almost always while staying up all night watching the fights (+6 hrs from EST here).

Tasted a 2009 Dark Lord Stout with some friends, chocolate, cherry, coffee and bitters combined to make an excellent taste. Glad i was there for the tasting. The choclate and cherries were the dominant flavors.

Mikkeler Beer Geek Brunch Weasel – Poured out a viscous pitch black with minimal head and a fairly strong aroma of rich malts and caramel. Flavor is very rich with tons of chocolate tones and dark malts. This beer is bursting with rich coffee/cocoa flavors with a viscous, rich, buttery backbone and some alcohol heat. Absolutely wonderful.

Had a Stone Belgo IRS ... so this was a nice smooth balanced IRS. I really enjoyed this one. If you like JaegerMeister this is for you...this is Jaegers little cousin.

if you like black licorice you like this ready to drink IRS...no aging needed unlike the regular version.

I bould a gift pack of Chimay containing all three brews and a Chimay Chalice. Had the Blue. Love it.

Weihenstephan Vitus weizenbock. Not tasting much "bock" in this and to be honest if I hadn't known I would say it tastes like Franziskaner. Nice spices with a pretty clean and refreshing finish. Was hoping for something a little darker, though.

Had a couple of Hopslams today. Need to finish the few I have left, they're going downhill fast.

Friday night had a bottle of New Belgium Le Terroir Dry Hopped Sour, Saturday had a Rye IPA, IPA, and a Berliner Weisse at Karl Strauss, and then had a Sculpin IPA by Ballast Point on Sunday. Delicious weekend!

Had a couple of Hopslams today. Need to finish the few I have left, they're going downhill fast.

I don't have any personal experience, but have heard with some cellar time they evolve into a really nice barleywine.

Sipping some NB Lips of Faith Dunkel Weiss tonight. Dark bread, clove in abundance, and banana just peeking in the background. Excellent.

Got a growler of Ladyface Amazon Red which is their new imperial red ale. First time I had this I was surprised how hoppy it was. It's basically a garnet colored IPA with a bit more malt backbone. Pretty righteous stuff, in flavor and ABV. Anyway, the growler cap was leaking and I didn't think it would last until tomorrow afternoon when I arrive in the mountains of the Sequoia Nat Forest, so I'm drinking it now. Also had a pint of Pliny, their cask ale (a wine barrel aged weizenbock, dry hopped and wild yeast thrown in. Very winey taste), and a pint of SN Ovila while at the brewery.

Had some beers this weekend and a couple that stick out:

Kern Rivery Brewery Class X: KRBC's anniversary which took their Class V stout and bourbon barrel aged it. Had a couple pints of it with friends at the brewery and it was phenomenal. Great nose, creamy, chewey, exploding with flavors, and while it was hugely strong (I'm guessing 10% or above) it was also sultry smooth. My beer buddy and I have been raving about it ever since. I was extremely disappointed that they weren't selling growlers of it! I would have bought as many as they would've sold me. My buddy says he puts it up there with Older Viscosity and Firestone 13 Anni.

Stone IRS Belgo Anise: Per Mike's words, if you like jagermeister or black licorice, this is for you. Unfortunately it's not for me as I hate both those things. To me it tasted like a blend of IRS/Sambuca/Nyquil. I'll stick to the regular IRS, thank you very much.

Had some beers this weekend and a couple that stick out:

Kern Rivery Brewery Class X

I HATE YOU! jk ... :D

Stone IRS Belgo Anise

I liked it a lot ... hey send me your extra bottles I don't mind black licorice. I can't wait to see how these turn out after some aging.

Sweet Kern sounded awesome glad you had a great time Jeff!

Status
Not open for further replies.