• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billy, what did you think of Cuir? Not sure if you told me you've had it before. Probably in my top 3 (along with Class X, and I'd have to think of another) all time. Expensive, but so worth it.

It was damn decent I thought. Much different than I anticipated. Unfortunately I only had a little bit of it. I wish I could get my hands on the 100% Barrel Aged version!

Joe, I've had the W'11 from Widmer.....it's ok fresh, but even better with a touch of age on it. It's a super roasty RIS, not as complex as other RIS' that I love. One of the best offerings from Widmer in my opinion.

This year its a Dark Saison, I missed the RIS. I do have a curiousity for the Saison's so I'll have to snag some since its started to pop up around here.

Monday had a Class V in all its chocolate goodness, damn fine beer. Thanks again SS! Followed that with a Rogue Chocolate Ale, which was sad in comparison.

Last night was a Russian RIver Temptation(also from my SS) which has to be the oddest beer I've had in a long time. Had a kind of pickle flavor to it... still not quite sure how I feel about that.

Joe, I've had the W'11 from Widmer.....it's ok fresh, but even better with a touch of age on it. It's a super roasty RIS, not as complex as other RIS' that I love. One of the best offerings from Widmer in my opinion.

This year its a Dark Saison, I missed the RIS. I do have a curiousity for the Saison's so I'll have to snag some since its started to pop up around here.

Monday had a Class V in all its chocolate goodness, damn fine beer. Thanks again SS! Followed that with a Rogue Chocolate Ale, which was sad in comparison.

Last night was a Russian RIver Temptation(also from my SS) which has to be the oddest beer I've had in a long time. Had a kind of pickle flavor to it... still not quite sure how I feel about that.

Temptation is wonderful. Did you know it was going to be sour?

Southern tier imperial oat oatmeal stout.......good stuff......I'm nto sure if its cause I hvnt eaten, but I'm .......hick

I knew it was a sour, but I've never had anything like it, so I wasn't sure what to expect. It might be one of those things where I need to do more than one tasting to get a better idea. I'll have to look around and see if anyone local does a flight of sours.

I knew it was a sour, but I've never had anything like it, so I wasn't sure what to expect. It might be one of those things where I need to do more than one tasting to get a better idea. I'll have to look around and see if anyone local does a flight of sours.

Had a bottle of Temptation for New Year's. Fantastic. Been drinking lots of good stuff lately. Orval, De Dolle Bos Keun, Green Flash Rayon Vert (if this was year round, it would give Tank 7 a run for my regular beer) and a FW 13 with my brother for Christmas.

I had a Russian River Sanctification the other day and was trying to explain a sour to my wife. She finally took a drink.........Her reaction was pretty hilarious.
Had a few Maui Brewing Coconut Porters and a River Horse Belgian Tripel tonight.

How'd you like that Maui Coconut Porter? That's still one of my favorite porters.

Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin. Ooofffa, not digging this one. May be a bad bottle but the beer is way imbalanced and the flavors come off as synthetic and chemical.

Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout for dessert an had a 50/50 Eclipse Elijah Craig 18 year for lunch.

Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin. Ooofffa, not digging this one. May be a bad bottle but the beer is way imbalanced and the flavors come off as synthetic and chemical.

Might have been a bad one Jeff. I had a few of these this past fall and enjoyed them............. Of course, like anything, taste is subjective and you might not like something everyone else does.

That's the peculiar thing is I love pumpkin beers (if you listen closely, you can hear Justin wretch), but this one was not very enjoyable. It may indeed be a bad bottle since there was some strange "discharge" around the cap that looked like some adhesive of some sort was applied to adhere the foil topper to the bottle. Well, I'll have to wait a while to give it another shot. What I did get from it was a bold flavor that reminded me of a graham cracker crust and then a bitter finish with flavors that tasted rather synthetic.

That's the peculiar thing is I love pumpkin beers (if you listen closely, you can hear Justin wretch), but this one was not very enjoyable. It may indeed be a bad bottle since there was some strange "discharge" around the cap that looked like some adhesive of some sort was applied to adhere the foil topper to the bottle. Well, I'll have to wait a while to give it another shot. What I did get from it was a bold flavor that reminded me of a graham cracker crust and then a bitter finish with flavors that tasted rather synthetic.

Was it flat at all? If the cap was jacked or the glass cracked at the lip, you could have had some advanced oxidation going in that bottle. Happened to me with a bottle of Rochefort 10...Flavors were way off and had a slight cardboardy taste to it.

Didn't seem to lack any carbonation nor did it gush out like an infected bottle would. Weird. Well, you win some you lose some.

Burning Sky Scotch Ale from Empyrean. Never heard of it before but I picked up a single and loved it. Very smooth and malty. I'm going back for more.

Real Ale 15th Anni RIS (thanks, SS!). Whew, maybe it's the little sleep I got last night but this beer is getting on top of me and seems heavier with each sip. Very nice roasty, coffee, and cocoa.

Just finished a Weyerbacher Old Heathen, now I've moved on to a Terrapin Wake n Bake.

Status
Not open for further replies.