• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lit up a gurkha Genghis Khan churchill for my evening walk, after about 4 days in the humi. Long, slow, even burn with a great ash, plenty of smoke. Taste was much lighter than I expected for a maduro, and I did taste the 'peppery' flavor. In all, very much as described, though a tad harsh and it didn't seem to have a depth and complexity of taste. I think a few months in the humi will mellow it out, and keep in mind my palate is not very developed yet.

Lit up a gurkha Genghis Khan churchill for my evening walk, after about 4 days in the humi. Long, slow, even burn with a great ash, plenty of smoke. Taste was much lighter than I expected for a maduro, and I did taste the 'peppery' flavor. In all, very much as described, though a tad harsh and it didn't seem to have a depth and complexity of taste. I think a few months in the humi will mellow it out, and keep in mind my palate is not very developed yet.

I got one of these in the humi, been there about 2 weeks now. I'll probably light it this week sometime. I'll let ya know how it goes :)

Yesterday I threw caution to the wind and headed out into the 95 degree heat...and ran directly into the pool (after washing two cars and doing about five hours of work in the yard and garden)! I started with a AF Cuban Beli SG and then worked into a LDF Chiselito then an LDF Chiselito Maduro. After dinner I had a Partagas Churchill(May '01) which wowed me from prelight until it entered it's final place of rest in the Stinky Ashtray(BTW everyone needs one of these).

Over the weekend;
I smoked a BIG piece of crap - Casa Blanca Jeroboam awful in every way
A Helix Super 8 Maduro – Not bad, burned real well
5 Vegas Gran Reserva Churchill – Not bad, kid of light though
1876 Torpedo – Burned surprisingly well, tasted like very light ass though
Yup, I’m a newbie... :p

Yesterday:

SLR-A - 01

Trini Col. - 04

Custom Salomon - 05? YUMMMMY!

RASS - 04?

(I had a rough day!) :whistling:

Nothing fancy...I started the day off with a AF Cuban Beli. Now I am about to fire up a Casa Fuente that was gifted to me from the Maintenance guy at my apartment complex. Its the Corona Gorda. :love:

Just polished off my first Mag 46...life is good :thumbs:

Thanks Brian!

Smoked a La Aurora 1495 Churchill while I made my rounds and had time driving around. Last night though was a really good evening for a smoke, went out with my better half she smoked a LFD Reserva Especial and I had a SCdLH Principe. This was the first Principe out of its sick period I have had the pleasure of enjoying and the two days in the 50% dry box really helped its burn and flavors. Great smoke nubbed it while finishing off a nice bottle of Taylor Fladgate First Reserve Porto.

CYG

CR C SG... lol figure that one out :p

It was damn good too! :love:

I got one of these in the humi, been there about 2 weeks now. I'll probably light it this week sometime. I'll let ya know how it goes :)

You have the churchill or the toro? If you like it and want a few others, LMK, maybe we can work out a trade. I won a chest of 30 churchills on c-bid, but most of them arrived damaged, so they're sending me out replacement toros. I'll probably post a FS/FT thread when they get in.

Nothing fancy...I started the day off with a AF Cuban Beli. Now I am about to fire up a Casa Fuente that was gifted to me from the Maintenance guy at my apartment complex. Its the Corona Gorda. :love:

MrPeat - Based on this treatment, I see a drastic increase in applications from other BOTL's at your apt complex in the very near future.

Smoked my second ever AF Hemi short story. Just as nice the second time as the first!

I was blessed to try my first Taboada Double Robusto. Words cannot describe the bliss I found nor the willpower it is taking not to raid the humi for another. Mr. Toboada is truly a master.

El Rey del Mundo Lunch Club. Light, refreshing, smooth, delicious. Just the thing for a 97 degree day.

Perdomo Edicion de Silvio Torpedo. Burned well, great ash, perfect draw. A light cedary, floral taste over sweet metallic notes. Completely unchanging from beginning to end. Not a good value. I shan't be buying these any time soon. :p

Bought a Grape White Owl tubos. Did not smoke it. :p

Wilkey

Just had an FFOX no.5

I've had a few of these before and they're consitently a beautiful smoke. I'm amazed that these beauties pack in so much flavour, smoke, and nicotine in such a small package.

I read a poster on another board recently write: "People who say they exclusively smoke FFOX's should take a long look in the mirror and ask themselves, what kind of a@#hole have I become". If this ever happens to me, I think I'll reply that I'm an a@#hole who smokes incredibly fine cigars.

You have the churchill or the toro? If you like it and want a few others, LMK, maybe we can work out a trade. I won a chest of 30 churchills on c-bid, but most of them arrived damaged, so they're sending me out replacement toros. I'll probably post a FS/FT thread when they get in.

I have 1 of the toro, gift from a fellow BOTL. He didn't think too much of 'em, but I'll check it out.

I'll let you know how it is.

For breakfast it was a short story with a cup o' Joe.

For dinner it was a Torano Virtuoso, my first...great smoke, had some burn issues, but the taste was great, thanks marcsheldon!

Perdomo presidente last night, Padron Londres this afternoon. Perdomo was terrible, Padron was wonderful. :thumbs:

Brandon

Last night I had a RyJ Reserve Maduro Churchill. I don't know what it is about these smokes but I love'em... :love:

Nick

well... lets see. Out fishing again, so I've been enjoying a few.

On the drive down, a OpusX xXx (at 5am to help with the drive)
out on the boat, a HdM Petite Robusto, PAM, CoRo, and WOAM
Sitting on the deck watching the scenery and enjoying a beer- a Trini Fundi.

Lets see what tomorrows drive home has in store for me! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.