• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What does everyone do?

I work as an IT Manager for a medium sized Management and Marketing firm.

kevpriest said:
Don't let cheeze fool ya with that "IT person in accounting" stuff. He's actually a crime-fighting ninja. You've been warned.
[snapback]295981[/snapback]​

Kevin, WTF???
You said you would say nothing...
ninja.jpg

I teach Community College faculty how to copy and paste on their computers and how to build online courses. I also freelance web design.

I work in the aerospace field. I am the test lab guy. I build and break composite material. All types of testing mechanical and physical tests. My company does composite and armor and soon cetex material. I head up the R and D part of the Lab and working on manager of all Labs. So I think I am 11 level Lab GEEK!!! Also I am a certified EMT. and do construction on the side.

logistical engineer for a chemical relocation firm...lol...or in other words i drive a tank truck

Electronic Tech. Currently test and repair fiber optic modems and other stuff along that line. It's used in traffic control, security, ethernet or whatever else you want to send over a glass fiber from point A to point B and back again.

Work in the Operating Room of a hospital. That is why I am responding to this message at 10:24 on a Sunday morning. Long, long day up here, because alot of people have found a way to harm themselves this weekend.

Hope to never see any of you here....

ALostTexan

Builder of fast street and drag race cars. :cool:

ASE Master Auto Tech, with 25 years experience in the field.
I too was in the cutthroat business known as auto repair, and chose to open my own shop instead, due to numerous conflicts with bosses about work quality and related matters (they wanted fast and dirty, I wanted quality). These days, my main business is high-performance American muscle and Corvettes, with some conventional auto repair done on a selective basis. Most of my conventional work comes from my existing base of Corvette customers, and I cherrypick the rest. I do a lot of high-perf exhaust work, and a house specialty is nitrous oxide injection (system sales, installation and refilling), but if it pertains to high-performance, I'll usually do it. I also do mechanical restoration work (no bodywork) on classic models. It's a lot more rewarding than patching somebody's POS car that "they're trading in" only to see it 6 months later, still on its last legs. I leave that stuff to the regular shops. :D

Robert

Archaeologist of 10 years. Specilizing in Middle Eastern Archaeology. Worked in Jordan and Israel.

I'm an unemployed welder and an unemployed plumber.

Between the two, it keeps me pretty busy. :laugh:

As of now, I weld only for myself and friends/neighbors, and I try to do as little plumbing as possible. (I'm too old for that $hit.)

My partner and I invented?/designed a few little products, one is patented the rest are patent pending, and on the market.

Nothing earth-shattering, just a better mousetrap, as it were.

Methinks I shouldn't post a link here, so look in my profile if you so desire. My websight is listed there.

<Tumbleweed the optimist>

Technically my title is "Systems Administrator" for a small law firm in Springfield. It should be "Renaissance Man"

Realistically, I am a paralegal who keeps the computers running. I read a lot of medical records and insurance company bulls$!t. We do medical malpractice defense, so most of the time cases are pretty interesting.

I am currently (perpetually) trying to find my perfect career. Not having much luck with that. I could go to law school or I could go back and get an engineering degree or something technically-oriented. Anyone have any advice about finding something fulfilling to do with the rest of your life, let me know!

I am a GIS (geographic information system) administrator for the city water and sewer utility. In short I design, build and maintain fancy maps. Google earth is a quick example of a base GIS concept.
Thats right I am a government employee baby! Proud of it ???
I'm on lunch right now so I am not spending tax $$$$. LOL

During the week I am a stay at home dad. Every weekend I work at the hospital as a Psych Tech.

Like a few here, I work in the Natural Resources field. Executive Director of a noprofit 300+ acre nature property/park. Tight field- am lucky to be employed.

I'm an unemployed welder and an unemployed plumber.

Between the two, it keeps me pretty busy. :laugh:

As of now, I weld only for myself and friends/neighbors, and I try to do as little plumbing as possible. (I'm too old for that $hit.)

My partner and I invented?/designed a few little products, one is patented the rest are patent pending, and on the market.

Nothing earth-shattering, just a better mousetrap, as it were.

Methinks I shouldn't post a link here, so look in my profile if you so desire. My websight is listed there.

<Tumbleweed the optimist>

You should amend that to 'self-unemployed', as in entrepreneur. Are you getting any traction on the versablock?