• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What does everyone do?

Programmer by trade. Last 5 years working as an Oracle DBA. The first 15 years, I worked mostly in telecommunications...the last 5 years on a DOD project.

Going on 11 years as an Electronics Technician in the Coast Guard (E-6). I specialize in Surface Search Radar, Integrated Navigation Systems, Satellite Communications, and LOS Wireless Communications.

At my current unit, we travel to Caribbean, Central and South American countries to teach their Coast Guards and Navies how to maintain their ships mechanically, structurally, and electronically. Our second major emphasis is training in Navigation, Seamanship, and International Law Enforcement. While I am downrange I maintain their Electronics and install new Electronics. When not engaged w/ our host country I am a Network Administrator/Technician/PC geek.

I am actually almost done with this unit. Going up to the panhandle of FL to be an OInC of a small Electronics and Telecommunications Detachment. When I mean small, I mean tiny. 3 other Active Duty technicians and 1 civilian contractor. One of about 5 Supervisor (OInC equiv.) in the Coast Guard billeted for an E-6. Compared to about 35 forE-7's. So I am pretty happy to be offered and recommended for this position.

ggiese said:
I'm a trash collector... :whistling:
[snapback]294081[/snapback]​

I too am in waste managment. Picked up several tons of waste last night. :p

Program and Project Management (mostly IT-related) for a real estate investment company.

NOC Engineer for a midlevel NYC optical carrier that caters to the financial companys of NY/NJ/CT.....Not a bad job, i like it

I sell residential real estate here in Westchester County, NY.
I would consider Armonk, Bedford, Pleasantville, and Bedford Hills the towns I am most familiar with and sell the best. I live in Portchester but due to my company's territory regulations I cannot sell there :( .
-Rob

I own half of a promotional product company. We sell hats, shirts, coffee mugs, ect.

But, my full time job for 20 years I work for The Executive Residence. That's the President's House for you boys in Idaho.

theHatguy said:
I own half of a promotional product company. We sell hats, shirts, coffee mugs, ect.

But, my full time job for 20 years I work for The Executive Residence of the White House. That's the President's House for you boys in Idaho.
[snapback]294955[/snapback]​

Dude, I've seen what you do on television. I watch "A White House Christmas" on PBS every year just to see you and three other guys carry that damn gingerbread house.

I guess you're good at your job, though, you haven't dropped it yet! :p

stevehawk said:
theHatguy said:

But, my full time job for 20 years I work for The Executive Residence. That's the President's House for you boys in Idaho.
[snapback]294955[/snapback]​

Dude, I've seen what you do on television. I watch "A White House Christmas" on PBS every year just to see you and three other guys carry that damn gingerbread house.

I guess you're good at your job, though, you haven't dropped it yet! :p
[snapback]294977[/snapback]​

Well, to tell the truth in 2000 i did drop my end but only a couple of inches. I didn't break it :whistling:

Retired early from chemical engineering/engineering management.

Presently back in school pursuing my Ph.D. in Education so I can be a professor of education technology research.

Wilkey

Applied physicist in northern Virginia. I play with diesel :love: on the weekends.

Great thread...surprised by the diversity of occupations. Of course half of those titles confuse me, and maybe just all the same career.

I am currently a seminary grad student, soon to be a Presbyterian pastor.

And dang if I ain't a loley 'ol insurance fraud investigator who happens to work for the government :D

.....and I just happened to to my 10 years service award (even though they are about a year or so behind)

and I am thankful for all that everyone on this board does for a living by choice or not.

I served four years in the Marine Corps as an infantryman. I did all four in 1st Battallion 6th Marines STA (Surveillance Target Acquisition) Platoon. After getting out in 1997 I went to North Carolina Basic Law Enofrcement Training and got a job at the Emerald Isle Police Department in 1998. It's a small department (about 20 people) in a beach town with a population of 3,000. But, on summer holiday weekends it can get up to about 75,000 to 100,000. I'm also part-time deputy for the Carteret County Sheriff's Office where I serve on the Sheriff's Drug Task Force and Emergency Reponse Team.

Of course I just doing this crap untill my pro surfing career takes off or I win the lottery whatever come first. :p

Power Coater for a metal fabrication company. It puts me through college, after college something? I'll keep you informed

Wurm said:
Double D said:
Spent 12 yrs in army now i am a quasi wildlife manager for U.s army in Europe for one of their bases. Basically i manage 11 lakes and 3 streams plus about 18,000 acres of hunting area. I also teach snowboarding,canoeing,kayaking and water safety plus some things I cant recall at moment.
[snapback]294602[/snapback]​

Your also a lvl 31 hunter in World of Warcraft lol

I'm former US Army, now working as the IT department manager for a German company, before I went back to school to learn my current job, I worked 10 years in the construction field, mostly road (including cobble stone) and foundation (including poured walls) work.
[snapback]294607[/snapback]​

Only a lvl 31??? And to top it off a Hunter!

Threadjack on-

I am a 56 Undead Rogue Combat Sword Spec and have a 13 Undead Mage Alt.
Oh and I am the GM of my guild.
Durotan realm

Threadjack off-

DevilsMilk said:
Wurm said:
Double D said:
Spent 12 yrs in army now i am a quasi wildlife manager for U.s army in Europe for one of their bases. Basically i manage 11 lakes and 3 streams plus about 18,000 acres of hunting area. I also teach snowboarding,canoeing,kayaking and water safety plus some things I cant recall at moment.
[snapback]294602[/snapback]​

Your also a lvl 31 hunter in World of Warcraft lol

I'm former US Army, now working as the IT department manager for a German company, before I went back to school to learn my current job, I worked 10 years in the construction field, mostly road (including cobble stone) and foundation (including poured walls) work.
[snapback]294607[/snapback]​

Only a lvl 31??? And to top it off a Hunter!

Threadjack on-

I am a 56 Undead Rogue Combat Sword Spec and have a 13 Undead Mage Alt.
Oh and I am the GM of my guild.
Durotan realm

Threadjack off-
[snapback]295489[/snapback]​

And you admit it... that's what impresses me! :sign:

I'm a consultant for IBM. Mostly custom programming although the last few years I've been into configuration of Siebel for clients.