• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What is this world coming to...

Wow. That's really a bummer. Hope things work out. Next time I'm in town, I'll be sure and stop by....

All these laws to protect people from themselves or from ever being exposed to something that offends them are going to be the end of this country.

I wish you all the luck in the world in the legal battle. May it be quick and as cheap as possible.

I would edit your post. There might be some ammo for the prosecutor. JMHO. The law says you cannot smoke in the store, correct?

oppression.jpg

I would edit your post. There might be some ammo for the prosecutor. JMHO. The law says you cannot smoke in the store, correct?
And a state law says we can! I'm not editing anything. We smoked under the fact that a lawyer told us that we were exempt from this ordinance! As soon as is it became an issue we stopped. Once we prove our case we will smoke again!

We have a real nice place in Omaha called CIGAROS , same thing No smoking. Thats what this place is !! a place to buy Cigars and a nice lounge to smoke them in.Politicians are out of control

Wow, thats about all I can say. What is wrong with "these" people, I am totally aghast. The Outlaw was on my places to visit in the next 5 years. Now I can't even smoke in a smoke shop, for now. It's pretty bad here in Ohio as well, you can't smoke in private clubs anymore (ie VFW's, AL's, etc...). What's more one local hospital has stated that they will no longer hire people who use tobacco, a nicotine swab test is now part of the hiring process. It's really scary to think about they sheer volume of civil liberties that we have given up and the manner in which the general public over looks the fact that they may in fact be next.

Sorry to hear your story. Hopefully things will work out.

This just isn't the country it used to be. The Founders must be rolling in their graves.

Sad, very sad.

Good point. The post could be found to be an 'admission against interest'. No sense making things easy on the government lawyers in any part of the case.

Sorry to hear your story. Hopefully things will work out.

This just isn't the country it used to be. The Founders must be rolling in their graves.

Sad, very sad.

Seems like the same old shit to me. Folks went after alcohol. They went after marijuana. Prostitution. Blah, blah. It's that high moral ground bullshit.

I mean, Christ, can you imagine not being able to have a beer coming home from work? That's what the country used to be. Imagine how shocked the cowboys were when they couldn't wander to the local brothel for a cheap blowjob.

This crap pisses me off to no end. We need some organization here. Everyone who smokes at The Outlaw, get together and make a 'physical' stand against this shit. Show your numbers and let the well-spoken do the talking.

F.CK SAKE - all the letters and phone calls and complaining... MEANINGLESS. Either show up or put your cigars out. Cuz... we... are... next.

Sorry - rant/rave off.

Brad thanks for sharing this. I'm pulling for you guys, as we have to make a stand.

I'm sorry to hear you guys have to go to court over this, but hopefully it can once and for all clear things up in your favor. A cigar shop without smoke is like a cheeseburger without cheese, you just can't have one without the other.

I'll save my comments about the overall situation as I'd hate to get riled up. I just got back form one of the most relaxing weekends I've had since I visited your fine store in April. I don't want to ruin it...

Although I've never beeen to your shop I've heard nothing to but things from the guys in the MN crew.

Sorry to hear about the BS they're pulling down there.

This whole "smoking ban" is getting way out of hand, Pa just passed a smoking ban that goes in effect on Sept. 11 and i'm sure we are going to have a lot of problems with it.

I'm beginning to feel claustrophobic here in St. Louis. First Illinois, just across the river and now the Outlaw. Things are getting too close to home. Something needs to be done.

I feel your pain and know the Outlaw very well. I remember when it was opened and I got to know Kendall and really enjoyed his knowledge and personality,,but hate to hear of so much problematic things going on in KC. What a pain for cigar lovers not to have an outlet to go and relax and fear this is something that is going to hit many more places. It's time to lobby a bit harder fellow BOTL.

Sad. News.

Over the weekend I went to a local cigar shop that is downtown. I sat down with friends and lit up my cicgar. Neal the manager of the store walked upto me to let me know that we were no longer allowed to smoke indoors. So Hubbard strett cigars downtown Chicago is smokefree indoors. The funny thing is they have a small front area with 4 chairs in the middle of one of the busier street in that area. SO everyone who walks by is now forced to walk thru clouds of smoke. Ridiculous! We need to stand up and fight. I urge everyone to do what they can to stop the madness.

Wow you would think by now I wouldn't be suprised by any of this type of B.S. yet here I am again wondering when we all turned into 8 year olds that need the goverment to hold our hands. I wish you guys the best of luck dealing with the courts, and I hope for a quick, and positive outcome. Keep us updated Brad.

I am so sorry Brad...I feel good that I have a place, for now, that I can go to and smoke and enjoy myself...i know you guys have heard me talk about it and have seen the pics of what i consider a very nice lounge where you don't have to pay anything extra to smoke there...and I want to come to the Outlaw so bad and smoke a few...you guys will be in my prayers and just know this is bs...God I would expect this more in Alabama...

Hugs and love to you all

Melly